Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat The OME Thread

billy2shots

The OME Brethren 

My brothers, we are a dying breed, comrades that have been left behind, consigned to the scrap heap, the poor relation to our EME playing family, but we won't be forgotten!

We are united in our love of the OME, whether it's by choice or forced upon those of us who's devices can not manage the newer abomination that is the EME. 

Our numbers are dwindling but we refuse to be wiped from the FMM history books and we will continue to build a brighter future.

This is our front line , our final stand. This is The OME thread. 

I will start the ball rolling.

-How is everyone finding things so far? The non believers are quick to trot out the line that 'the OME hasn't changed in years' but I for one can notice the difference with how the team and players act in 18 compared to 17. Forget regurgitating the same tactic you finished 17 with. 

-Do you think the the new tactical changes impact the OME? I'm sceptical, just like when primary attacker was introduced, I didn't see it make any difference and I'm not convinced telling my little round men to cross the ball  early will impact things in this version.

- Do you think the challenges (especially goal challenges) will be harder or easier this edition? Personally after a little tinker I'm a bit confused. I can get my striker scoring at a 1.5 goals a game for 6 months then bam it all grinds to a stop. I've convinced myself there is an inbuilt mechanism to force you to change things up.

One thing is for sure, the OME is still where it's at for challenges, not only for speed of play but also in the challenge itself. Overloading the EME with attacking formations resulting in 150 league goals a season maybe fun at first but that's going to wear thin pretty quick especially as every Tom, Dick and Harry will be completing all the challenges with out too much effort. 

For those who are about to OME, we salute you. 

Haha love it mate! I'll be watching this thread with interest as i also have similar questions. 

As for the OME I'm not sure where I stand with it at this point as my IPod is dead so I'm buying a new device once the cash is spare. As I'm finally upgrading I'm hoping to give the EME another try and these new tactical options are a massive incentive for that. I've cried for these options since the PSP so it would be rude not to try them out. 

However in truth I'm not that impressed with what I'm seeing and reading EME wise. It looks the same old mess as last year with some new features that people are questioning if they even work. I'm holding judgement and basically trying to stay out of trouble until I actually play the game which will be once it's stable and I have a new device. 

I've always appreciated what the EME tried to do and I did get some enjoyment out of it but I like the stat based experience more. I'm hoping these new tactical features do work and make me want to use the EME as it tactically was the only area I enjoyed the EME last year.  Also I'm praying a new device would jump the playing speed up to a level I'm acceptable with haha. 

As for these new roles and features on the OME I'm sceptical as always. I hope they work but I've asked around with no real response and I dunno I just doubt they'll be as impactful as they could be. 

I think the question you really have to ask is how have they been added now? We were told for years the OME was dead and had no legs, that there was nothing more they could do to it. Yet somehow in the last two years they've added pretty big features to the engine, just think the series could have been in a better place if we got these in 2014,15 or 16 when the engine was bland? I guess it was all a smoke screen to push the EME. 

I didn't play much last year as I wanted to play the OME as its what I enjoyed but everytime I played it I knew I was missing the enhanced tactics of the EME which is what I wanted. I'm in FMM limbo as neither engine are what I want but I'm willing to give them both one more shot. I've basically given up on dreaming of a tactic and statistic heavy engine as everyone just wants better visuals, just look at the 3D engine demands. People would go mental if a text based engine was brought back haha. 

Sounds like all the stars are about to align Ash. A new device just in time for a patched stable game sounds ideal. 

Definitely best to hold off for now for risk of harming your enjoyment if that's what you have already planned. 

I'm similar to you in the fact I would like to know for sure if the new tactical features work with the OME or not. A straight forward 'no' would not lessen my enjoyment of the game. It would just save me a lot of time trying out thousands of combinations unnecessarily lol. 

Ah Billy, the OME lives on...

I am with you at the moment and unsure if the new tactical tweaks have much effect. I have only placed a couple of seasons with Everton and have used a tactic I have used since FMM14! Pretty solid set up but have been playing around with the new tactics of attack, defense and shape but not sure I have quite got the balance right. Although I did win the Premier League in my second season.

One thing that was the same as last year was the amount of headed goals from free kicks. Its boarding on ridiculous for me and my opponent. I played WBA and lost 5-2 at home. All goals were headers from free kicks, Rondon got all 5! This happened when the game was released first last year.

I'm not seeing a huge amount of difference but then again I tend to zoom through my game saves and only really pay attention to the minor details of tactics, matches (etc) when I'm on a bad run of form 

glad to see I'm not the only OME user left

2 hours ago, billy2shots said:

Sounds like all the stars are about to align Ash. A new device just in time for a patched stable game sounds ideal. 

Definitely best to hold off for now for risk of harming your enjoyment if that's what you have already planned. 

I'm similar to you in the fact I would like to know for sure if the new tactical features work with the OME or not. A straight forward 'no' would not lessen my enjoyment of the game. It would just save me a lot of time trying out thousands of combinations unnecessarily lol. 

That's the plan and why I'm trying to avoid all the negativity, it's also why I didn't start the "what about the OME" thread haha. It's been on my mind but for whatever reason people have issues with people enjoying the OME so I stayed away from it. 

This is gunna be a big year for me I think as the one thing I wanted from FMM was tactical depth. While I understand I may have to move to the EME to get that experience if the game doesn't stick the landing I'm not sure what's left. I had a lot less interest in playing FMM last year but these new features got me excited again for the series as it's my one request coming true. If this feature fails to be what it should be I think my only interest would be Vibe with myself playing more casually if at all. I've got too many friends here to walk away I know that deep down and I did okay for myself hardly playing last year lol. I doubt I even played 30 seasons last year while in the past I'd post a new career a month not far off consistently. 

It's early days and I haven't played the game so I'm not passing judgement yet but the early signs aren't the best. I always ignore most the coverage in the first week as that's usually people blinded by hype but we've already seen big questions being asked about these features and if they work. Hopefully the coming patches will work out some of the issues but a year of role assessing doesn't sound that appealing, okay who am kidding I love that stuff haha. I've missed jumping head first into tactics and this potentially excites me so much, the OME not changing in years is one reason why I stopped enjoying the game as tactic creating was pointless as I knew what worked etc. Even when I didn't want to I always went back to my 433 or my 41221 as I never saw the appeal in grinding out a new tactic on a dead engine. 

When I decide it's time to get the game I will be jumping into the EME but it's nice to know the OME is always waiting for me :P. I did find it interesting that last year a number of the big users here returned to the OME, while I know that's a niche audience it's something to hold on to. 

The OME will always have my heart and if these new features are proved to work on it i think I'll struggle to move on but I'm going to give the EME it's fair chance. I don't care which engine I play I just want these features I've been craving to mean something. 

We've done our best to get the new tactical features working on OME, although, as I hope you'll all understand, most of our focus has been EME based. If you have any suggestions, we're always open to feedback and especially on OME if there's a particular issue please let us know (with examples ideally!).

Ashez, completely understand your sentiment of wanting to wait for bugs to be ironed out, especially since you're waiting on a new device! However, I was confused by one sentence:

8 minutes ago, Ashez said:

It's early days and I haven't played the game so I'm not passing judgement yet but the early signs aren't the best.

I haven't seen too much negativity tbh. Of course, if you only read through the bugs thread it's going to seem negative, but our iOS rating is currently 4.8*s which is incredibly high!

Edited by aligempf
27 minutes ago, aligempf said:

We've done our best to get the new tactical features working on OME, although, as I hope you'll all understand, most of our focus has been EME based. If you have any suggestions, we're always open to feedback and especially on OME if there's a particular issue please let us know (with examples ideally!).

Ashez, completely understand your sentiment of wanting to wait for bugs to be ironed out, especially since you're waiting on a new device! However, I was confused by one sentence:

I haven't seen too much negativity tbh. Of course, if you only read through the bugs thread it's going to seem negative, but our iOS rating is currently 4.8*s which is incredibly high!

Talking from a engine standpoint which I was I think things like being too goal heavy, defensive tactics seemingly not working, difficultly balance issues, the fact we still have DMC issues and people questioning if the new features do anything as somewhat disappointing that's all. 

I'd agree on the whole the reception has been positive as the game has made some big strides forward. But at the same time it's not istore reviews I'll be using to get an opinion it's the opinions of those I trust that I'll pay attention to. Just like when reading/watching any game reviews I have those who's taste and opinions are similar to mine so those are the ones I trust compared to some randomer.

We go through this song and dance most years and in time you guys get it right which is why I'm holding off. I want a good day one experience so I'm holding out for that. 

3 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Talking from a engine standpoint which I was I think things like being too goal heavy, defensive tactics seemingly not working, difficultly balance issues, the fact we still have DMC issues and people questioning if the new features do anything as somewhat disappointing that's all. 

I'd agree on the whole the reception has been positive as the game has made some big strides forward. But at the same time it's not istore reviews I'll be using to get an opinion it's the opinions of those I trust that I'll pay attention to. Just like when reading/watching any game reviews I have those who's taste and opinions are similar to mine so those are the ones I trust compared to some randomer.

We go through this song and dance most years and in time you guys get it right which is why I'm holding off. I want a good day one experience so I'm holding out for that. 

Understood, I was just wondering which feedback you were talking about, and like I said, completely understand! Hope we get it right enough for you to go for it soon!