Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Android users with crashes on startup or creating a new game

Marc Duffy

I’m looking to talk directly to people here who have the new 9.0.2 on Android and who have a crash on startup or a crash when selecting leagues.

I have the update. I'll try it out and get back to you

Edit: my first impression is that the game is now more stable. Haven't had a crash yet. 

Edited by Jens
1 hour ago, setiawanjimmy said:

9.0.2? Update isn't on playstore yet. At least for me.

Google offer a staggered rollout system so we've been dripping it into live since yesterday afternoon. 85% have it as an option now.

58 minutes ago, Marc Duffy said:

Google offer a staggered rollout system so we've been dripping it into live since yesterday afternoon. 85% have it as an option now.

Now fully live.

We are preparing a 9.0.3 for Android users too, again with more stability fixes on certain hardware that are coming through.

4 minutes ago, Marc Duffy said:

Now fully live.

We are preparing a 9.0.3 for Android users too, again with more stability fixes on certain hardware that are coming through.

You can't not love the SI folks

I have do e the 9.02 update and now when I open the game it asks me to do the data download again and when I choose player pictures it says 

"Download error - The download failed because the server returned an error. Please check the date and time on your device."

The game was working perfectly before this update??

Edited by Cooperskyblue
54 minutes ago, Cooperskyblue said:

I have do e the 9.02 update and now when I open the game it asks me to do the data download again and when I choose player pictures it says 

"Download error - The download failed because the server returned an error. Please check the date and time on your device."

Shouldn't need to download anything -can you try a reboot and let us know if it still happens? Just to check, you hit 'Update' in play store rather than uninstall/reinstall? Also, what's the number after the * at the end of the message?

Edited by Alari

Facing weird issues in customize tab of player search. Sort by price doesn't work, whatever price range I select it only shows free agents to me

Similarly, location based search shows me correct results but in filter tab it always selects random option.

Edit- Post the update, it has got more weird. Have attached screenshots. Where location selected is Italy but it displays as England in customise tab.

Screenshots attached.

Data loss, have lost my entire data for players and clubs for 2018/19 season which is ironically my first league winning season with Brighton. No stats for club and players. Screenshot attached.

Hope this helps as a great game will be ruined by such pesty bugs!

Screenshot_20171115-192019.png

Screenshot_20171115-191942.png

Screenshot_20171115-192026.png

Screenshot_20171115-191947.png

Screenshot_20171115-192419.png

Edited by Vs157
7 minutes ago, Vs157 said:

Facing weird issues in customize tab of player search. Sort by price doesn't work, whatever price range I select it only shows free agents to me

Similarly, location based search shows me correct results but in filter tab it always selects random option.

Edit- Post the update, it has got more weird. Have attached screenshots. Where location selected is Italy but it displays as England in customise tab.

Screenshots attached.

Data loss, have lost my entire data for players and clubs for 2018/19 season which is ironically my first league winning season with Brighton. No stats for club and players. Screenshot attached.

Hope this helps as a great game will be ruined by such pesty bugs!

Screenshot_20171115-192019.png

Screenshot_20171115-191942.png

Screenshot_20171115-192026.png

Screenshot_20171115-191947.png

Screenshot_20171115-192419.png

You don't happen to have a save from just before the season updates from 2018/19 - 2019/20 do you?

1 hour ago, Alari said:

Shouldn't need to download anything -can you try a reboot and let us know if it still happens? Just to check, you hit 'Update' in play store rather than uninstall/reinstall? Also, what's the number after the * at the end of the message?

Yes it was a Google play automatic update over WIFI and the number is: *5

4 hours ago, Cooperskyblue said:

Still an issue? Would like to help you.

5 hours ago, Cooperskyblue said:

Yes it was a Google play automatic update over WIFI and the number is: *5

Can you confirm if you have any patchers/emulators installed? Those can cause this error. Otherwise please mail help@sega.co.uk where we'll be able to look the request up on the server.

On 15/11/2017 at 19:35, aligempf said:

You don't happen to have a save from just before the season updates from 2018/19 - 2019/20 do you?

Somewhat like that. Is this expected?

1 minute ago, Vs157 said:

Somewhat like that. Is this expected?

We've managed to get it reproduced internally and we're working on a fix for it.

On 15/11/2017 at 16:52, Marc Duffy said:

Still an issue? Would like to help you.

So I did a reboot of my device and then it was working perfectly again, but then the 9.03 update was installed and the same error kept coming up.  

I tried rebooting and nothing so uninstalled and reinstalled the game, did the big player picture download as prompted at the start boot up of the game and then as the game home screen comes up it now doesn't fit my tablet screen size so now appears all stretched and distorted whereas before it fit perfectly with everything in proportion. 

I found that if we put changes.txt on the right directory,it will crash when we gonna start a save.When i remove the changes.txt file,it works perfectly, no crash when starting a new save

15 hours ago, Cooperskyblue said:

So I did a reboot of my device and then it was working perfectly again, but then the 9.03 update was installed and the same error kept coming up.  

I tried rebooting and nothing so uninstalled and reinstalled the game, did the big player picture download as prompted at the start boot up of the game and then as the game home screen comes up it now doesn't fit my tablet screen size so now appears all stretched and distorted whereas before it fit perfectly with everything in proportion. 

Weird. Can you send a screenshot please?

Looks like I hit the lottery. I'm now experiencing the wonderful CTD upon startup. Have the 9.03 update, at least, per the US Play Store that's the version I have. Game played just fine for a few hours. I let it suspend/go into background without closing it properly, though. I'm usually more careful about that.

Upon launch, the two license splash screens display as usual, followed by the SEGA splash. Then, when the Main Menu should display, crash to desktop with a notice the application keeps crashing.  I'll try to get screens if it helps. I've tried rebooting, and I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling. Heck, I've uninstalled, rebooted, then reinstalled.

Should I delete the FMM18 folder in Documents and try again? A most vexing and troublesome bug this is. I can understand that one cannot possibly test for every architecture out there and things happen. Hopefully this can get resolved. The problem seems to have appeared very suddenly. It played fine earlier today.

Device: Samsung S7 through Verizon, no root, no custom firmware, running standard Android OS

Edit: Deleted the SI folder in Documents, uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled - the issue seems to have fixed itself. That said, I hope I don't have to delete my saves and everything else should the problem recur. Reported it in SI Forums. Hopefully it's a weird one time thing. It's needed to stop a time or two from being in the background so long, but hasn't repeated this behaviour since. 

Edited by BleedsBlue
New info
On 11/18/2017 at 07:39, Cooperskyblue said:

Before it all went wrong the display before stretched wasn't this screen size, it was the same ratio of my tablet but smaller but now it seems to have gone to mobile.

Screenshot_20171118-073618.png

I think a reboot might help with this, can you try?

20 hours ago, Alari said:

I think a reboot might help with this, can you try?

I am very dissappointed. I have tried a reboot. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game and it continues to just come up stretched and distorted. 

The game was honestly perfect before the first update but since then all these screen resolution issues have started. 

Your help would be greatly appreciated?