Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career This is our club.

Jack20

"This is our club, belongs to you and me. We're United, United FC"

Long time viewer, first time poster. With FMM18 out, I thought it was finally time to make the plunge onto Vibe, and what better way, than through a career. :D The team in question, is FC United. Or FCUM for short. Many of you wil be have a rough idea of what FC stand for/are, but for those who don't...

Formed in 2005, FC is a club ran by the fans, for the fans. In the wake of the Glazer takeover, and the general slippery slope that is modern football, United fans walked away 'Big United' and formed 'Little United'. It has been, and still continues to be a contoversial, and devisive issue within the core support of both cubs. 

FC are based in the National League North, and after years of flying through the leagues have reached a certain point of stagnation. It's now time to get moving once again. 

No automatic alt text available.

The board seemingly though that Mid Table was acceptable for the season. That is probably about right with the squad we currently have, however, I've also no doubt that with the right players we can certainly make a push for the play offs.

The transfer window was a brilliant one. Managed to raise funds to increase our chronically small wage budget-which I was still over by a good grand or so per week-but also managed to get in some top quality personnel. Blyth and Hoban in partiuclar, along with Larnell Cole-(Ex United).

That first month was, erm, decidely mid table. 2 wins. 3 draws. 2 defeats. Its clear that the defense needs a lot of work on. Have often found that the lower leagues on FM are notorius for lots of goals at the best of times, yet alone with the seemingly large issues at hand with the new game. 

Another inconsistent month. Ever so sligtly more solid at the back, however we really need to be converting these draws into wins. 

Image may contain: text

The less said about this shambles the better. 

I say, what is this I see? Finally a bit of consistency. 4 games, 4 wins in October. It saw me gain manager of the month, and the lads move up to 7th in the table. 

Another good month in the league. 6 points out of a possible 9. However, it is very dissapointing to see us dumped out of the FA Trophy at the first time of asking, much like the cup. 

Also, as we're on the matter of the FA Trophy. What is the point in this? The first leg weirdly went to extra time, and then a replay. Only for the replay to go the full distance again. Why? Just get it over with on the Saturday ffs. 

Another solid month. Solid is certainly what we are. We're losing games that we should't be losing, which is frustrating, however the progress from August to Christmas is there to see. 

The best of the rest. York 12 points clear already, it looks unlikely anyone will catch them at the rate they're going, however, we need to make sure we keep away from the chasing pack as best we can. 

A very, very good month. The Blyth defeat aside I couldn't have asked for much more from the lads. Looking like a real contender now. 

As I was saying. Ahem. :unamused:

Back to winning ways, a good month to set us up for the final haul. A play off place was guaranteed with a win against Leamington. 

Weird one this. We go into April with no way of catching the top of the table, and no way of not finishing in the play offs. A dead rubber month. 

Oh what could have been. August, September and February came back to bite us. 

Forgot to screenshot Aprils results, but there you have it. A very good season it has to be said. Comfortably clear of 3rd place, however York were in a different to league to just about everyone else. Onto the play offs, and to get the job done. 

Was very pleased to see this. 3 of the top 5 being our players, along with the 2nd best defence in the league. As the season went on we found the balance between defence and attack a lot more, and hopefully this will stand us in good stead going into the playoffs. 

Part one-complete. Needed to just get the job done, and that we did. Standard, solid, bosh. 

Oh my that one hurts. Controlled the game, had more clear cut highlights, but for the second time this season we lose on penalties.  Its a tough one to take really, as I do believe we were ready to go up this year. However another year in the North it is, Next year we wont leave it to chance, and will win the league. 

Apologies for how long the post is, I wanted to get the whole of the first season out the way so I can crack on with season 2. From now on it'll be more in depth 2/3 Month at a time updates. 

Thanks for reading, and hope to catch up with you all soon. :D

Edited by Jack20

I've seen several people here undertake this journey to try and attempt bringing FC United to the very top of English football. None have succeeded thus far tho for one reason or another. 

Hope this career is different. No pressure :)

Cheers lads. FC are a tricky one as there's quite a few teams now in the lower leagues who have a lot of cash, not so much with transfers fees, as they're all much of a muchness, but the difference in wage structure can be problematic. Currently midway through season 3 so season 2 will be updated at some point today. It's a good one. ;)

So, after the dissapointment of last season, we were back. With one objective, and that was to gain promotion. The difficulty at this level is that if you fail to gain promotion, your younger players who are far too good for this level, start to get restless. This was an issue I was keen to avoid. 

FORGOT TO SCREENSHOT TRANSFER WINDOW. Nowt serious. Usual deadwood out etc etc.

August 

A very good start to the season. 10/15 with only the two goals conceded. We had the best defence in the league last season, and I'm desperate for us to keep that up this year. 

Kettering have set the pace very well. However, I'm still confident that with the squad we have, and the experience of last season, we're the team to beat. 

September

Slightly mixed month. A very good end to the month it has to be said, however last year silly defeats cost us. We cant afford to be doing that again this year. 

The usual suspects in and around the top already. I've a feeling we'll be seeing a lot of these guys. 

October

A mixed month. Solid, and good to get through in the cups, however we really need to start converting draws into wins. 

Those draws have seen us slip down the table. I'm not too worried at this stage, as there is plenty of time left, but we need to make sure we avoid a repeat of last season with York firing away. 

November

Just the four games this month. Couldn't have asked for much more in the League. Three wins from a possible three. We really need to get a run of form going now. 

A valiant effort. Could have knicked a replay if truth be told, but this is the standard we want to playing at sooner rather than later. 

Great month. Right back in the mix. 

December

Another excellent month in the league. Maximum points once again, has put us in a great position. We're finally getting the run together that we need, and just at the right time over the cold grinding months. 

Naff all in the trophy, again. 

Heading into the new year top of the table, hopefully that will be where we finish!

January Transfer window

Bollocks, pt 1.

Bollocks, pt 2. 

As you can see, Larnell was a massive part of how we played. He was top scorer, and top of the assists pile at the time of him leaving. 

Ilias was bought in on a free as his replacement. One thing that the money has done however, is allow a bit more flexibility in the wage budge, and I've managed to tie down some lads to deals, without Big Club Release Clauses.

January 

An ever so sligh stutter around the time the two lads left. Not worrying yet, as I've faith in the boys, however we need to get back on the horse soon. 

February

An okay month. The defeat away at Kettering was a big one, in a game where we didn't have a kick if truth be told. 

Still in a very good position, however the chance to have been four clear is a big one. Dissapointed. 

March

That's more like it. The two 1-0 away wins in a week at Spenny and Harrogate were possibly my two favourite results of the season. Proper backs to wall grind out jobs. Exactly what we need at this point in the season. Massive. 

It couldn't be much tighter going into the final month. Will that defeat at Kettering turn out to be costly?

April 

Absolutley not the start to the final month we needed. We were far too sluggish, and got away with it in the end if truth be told.

And here's how. Salford won, taking them top by a point. Luckily for us, Kettering were also held at home. 

Disaster.

Kettering could only draw again. Failing to capitalise on both ourselves and Salford losing away from home. Does anyone want to win the title?!

Our OUTSTANDING defence is really putting us in the driving seat if Goal Difference comes to it. Which you wouldn't bet against with the table so tight. 

A much needed three points. Nothing much more to add than that. 

Kettering matched us, with a good win at home to Tamworth, however Salford losing at home you'd think makes it a 2 horse race. 

4 points with only 6 available means Salford are looking at the play offs bar a complete tits up by both us and Kettering. It's theirs to lose. 

Again, job done. Can't ask for much more at this stage. Perhaps Kettering to drop points?

Oh go on then! An 87th minute equaliser, no less for Alfreton!

That goal was MASSIVE. It leaves the destiny of the title in our hands going into the final game. 

Never in doubt. ;)

Champions. As it so happened, Kettering lost their final game. I'm absolutley delighted we go tthe job done. To have missed out automatically, nd then be thrust into the play offs, after last season would have been a recipe for disaster. The club needed promotion this year. Thankfully, we've got it. 

AGAIN! Sorry for the long one, my playing to posting ratio isn't good at the minute, as I'm currently in season 4 ffs. I'll try and get season 3 done tomorrow, and then be back on track from there on! 

Thanks for reading. xx

So, into season three we go. FC at their highest ever level, the Conference Premier. Naturally, I was slighlty apprehensive about what the season would bring. Yes we have a good team, we won the league ffs, but there is a large step up. Would the players cope? Once more, if they didn't the clubs wage structure is still a major obstacle in attracting top quality players. 

The transfer window 

With that been said, I was happy enough with the transfer window. Again, no money signings hwever the freebies are very good value for money. (Or lack of it). I'll show you a few underneath. 

At this level, for his age, what more could you want in a centre midfielder? Absolutley perfect for us. I'm under no illusions that he will sooner rather than later leave the club, however it should be for a good profit. 

And to partner him! We needed added quality and steel in the middle. 

Added quality up front was also a must. We have good strikers. make no mistake about it, but depth is important overa 46 game season. 

What's all the fuss about? This league will be a walk in the park. But seriously, what a start that is. Perfect. 

Tight at the top. Far too early to get excited. 

And that is why. Garbage. 

Another winless month in the league. No win since August now. Slightly worrying. Only thing going for us is how tight these games are. Hopefully, with an added bit of luck we can change it. 

Cos boy do we need to change it. As already alluded too though, our defense is good. Its tight games. We simply need to score more. 

That's more like it. Brilliant month for us. Unbeaten and only leaking the 3 goals. Starting to motor. 

Weirdly not much progression up the table, but if you look, the gap between teams now is very small. 

Another good month, Woking aside. Slighlty too many goals let in. 

Hammered. 

Right where we need to be going into the winter months. Where traditionally, we come good. Ugly football!

January Transfer Window

Bollocks, pt 3

We are on fire now. Top top quality. 

The title is probably slightly unrealistic. However, as far as a playoffs place goes, we are in a great position. 

Morecambe aside, another fantastic month. We just don't concede goals. 

Yep, the title is gone. However, the play offs are firmly in our hands now. 

Where on earth did that come from?! Shocking month from start to finish. We need to get back on to it, as momentum is key. 

Ouch. 

Disaster of a month. From having it firmly in our own hands, now not so much. 

Games where seasons are defined? Possibly. What a massive, massive win for us. 

Couldn't have asked for too much more in April and May, but would it be enough?

Yes. On to the play offs. Regardless of what happens to finish 5th in our first year is for me a very good season. Certainly something to build on. 

Play off heartbreak, again. Guttig. Properly. We didn't really turn up and the sending off cost us. Hard one to take, but we will be better for it next season for sure. We've a very good squad coming together now. 

Blown away by the support so far, and that people are actually following! Its really making me want to play and play and play. Season 4 will possibly be uploaded tonight, Season 5 tomorrow. Once again, thank you for reading! 

Yeah pal, I'd agree with that. It would be one promotion, too many too soon. I'm quite enjoying the difficulty of it. In the past it's been very easy to blast up the lower leagues, so having it a bit tighter and gritty is a nice change. 

Excellent stuff. I've wanted to do an FC united save myself in the past but hav'nt had the chance. Enjoyed the read Keepp up the good work.

You finished a fair bit off top spot but being your season in this division you did really well finishing 5th.

Build on this and get that promotion next season. KIU! 

Right then, season four. The goal was again promotion. I am hoping we take the same path as we did with the Northern division, and its second time lucky. However, I am fully aware this in itself will be a very very hard task. Theres a lot of good teams in this league. 

Through a mixture of being content with the squad available, and just a general lack of monney, it was quite a quiet window on the goings in front. This might not be a bad thing however, as I am not convinced the squad needs too much in the way of work anyway. 

We did however lose our first choice keeper for a pathetic 40 grand, and then Pedro left as I had expected. A good fee though, which has been reinvested in wages, as is the still major issue we have. 

A mixed bag of a start. No doubt we have played some good teams in that spell, but aren't we a good team too? I didn't see it coming after smashing Bromley all over in the opening game, that's for sure. 

Middle of the road average. Not a great start. 

A shocking September too. Absolutley no idea what's going on. We are really struggling to score goals. Defesnively we're back to being tight, but going forward it's poor. 

Scoring on average less than a goal a game. Worrying. 

Okay, that's better. A shame that we fell off in the league the way we did at the end, but 4 wins back to back is a good start to the recovery. Slightly worrying that in the league at least, we are still struggling to score goals. 

Defensively impeccable. 

Back to inconsistent. No idea what's going on this season. There is just no fluidity to our play. While I appreciate that in the past three seasons the defence have been the main rock of the team, we have still scored goals. 

Not much more to be said. If we could put the ball in the net we would be walking it. 

Pathetic performance. 

As I was bloody saying! Score goals and we would be walking it. Defensively, steel solid again. But we found the net a few times too. 

Creeping up on the play offs slowly but surely. 

A mixed month, by no means a bad one. But we have had much better. 

Just the one goal keeping us out the play offs now. It is going to be very very tight. 

Again, a mixed bag. Couple of good wins, couple of bad defeats. Still all to play for.  Edit: Seem to have got screenshots mixed up, the table above is AFTER these results. Lost the January one!

Again, mixed. We're struggling to find real consistency when it really matters, and I do worry it'll come back to bite us on the bum. 

Incredibly tight going into the final month of the season. 

We are off to Wembley though!

Probably one of my favourite ever wins. They were 3rd in the league, scoring goals for fun, and should have had 8 in the cup game. I went, parked the bus, had 'Contain' on all game. Smash and grab. Massive. 

Can't really have asked more for the last mont of the season. We did our job, hopefully it would be enough to get us over the line.

Just. However, we will have to do it the hard way. 3 games, away from home, to the football league. Though if any team can do it...

Part one, complete. I feared the worse. However, we turned it around ever so well. Away to Leyton Orient next, who we knocked out of the FA Trophy. 

Job done, again. Ground it out. It's been an ugly season at times. However we are 90 minutes away from the football league. Perversley, the fact that we have been so ugly at times may well be our best strength right now. We know how to ground and pound our way over the line. 

Image may contain: one or more people and people standing

Jacob Blyths 35th minute goal, has sent us to the Football League. Incredible achievement by the lads. We did it the hard way, and it really wasn't very pretty, but it's done. We're a football league club, at last. 

Oh go on then! Let's win the Trophy too! (Poor Exeter)

What a season it turned out to be. Horrible viewing at times, but none of that matters now. Job done. 

Season 5 will be up soon. To catch up, I'll be doing double month updates, Once more, for Season 6 I'll be trialing a new layout, and then I'll let you guys decide, whether you want me to go back to the original format, or stick with this one! Thanks for reading, as always. 

Thrilling stuff! 

Any idea why you have a terrible September every season? New players? New tactics? Or just tough luck with the fixtures? 

Congrats with the promotion ;)

So, for season 5. Our first in the Football League, what to expect? Well, I was worried. I wasn't convinced that the squad was good enough, nor were the board, however, as I seemingly always bang on about, we don't have any bloody money! I was fearing a real real struggle. 

As you can see, quite a sparse transfer window. Cleverley is a big signing for us, even though he is getting on a bit, that added experience will hopefully help us as the season goes on. Nothing really much else to report. 

There was a clear out of some description, simply too many players who either deserved to be playing football, or just werent good enough for us. 

As I feared. A very very tricky and nasty start to life in the football league. It is going to be a major struggle, make no mistake about it. If we stop up, I will be delighted. We were also dumped out of the league cup early doors as well. Not great, however it is a long old season and hopefully we will come good again over winter, as we usually do. 

Could be worse, I suppose...

After a good October, where we seemingly started to adjust to life in the league, it's been downhill again. We simply aren't scoring enough goals. Its been one of the most frustrating seasons too date I've ever played. Turgid stuff. 

A potentially big Christmas saw us pick up some much needed wins. Aside from that, it's still been turgid stuff. Knocked out the cup on penalties to Lincoln being one of the low points. 

One thing that is going in our favour, is that seemingly, Barnet and Notts County are even worse than ourselves!

Make no mistake about it, we are in big trouble. No wins in the three months. 6 goals scored. Horrible. I've prided myself on the defensive aspect of our game, however from next season, regardless of what league we are in, the handbreak is going off. 

Only 8 points now. We really are in a relegation battle now. 

What a horrible season it has been. 3 wins since Christmas. 17 goals. Miserable. Truly truly miserable.

But...we did stop up! And regardless of the miserable season, that is a success of some sort. Next year will be different. Big changes will be paid in the playing squad, and style of football. Because I'm sick of fannying about now. It's time to get motoring. 

It is of course, 5 years at the club done! 

Not a bad 5 years. A cup win, two promotions and less than a goal a game concedded! Here's too the next 5 years. 

Once again, thanks for reading and commenting, Season 6 is shaping up to be a cracker...Wait for that later on today. ;)

Oh man, what a grueling season, mate. The entire squad is in need of a long holiday to recharge and return fresh for the next battle. A year further into their development + another year of experience under their belt. This will help the group massively to outdo last year's performance. We keep believing! 

So before we go into Season 5 it must be made clear that we sold a player at the end of the season, 

That money allowed us to bring in some much needed talent. I stupidly forgot to screenshot the full list of signings for the summer, however here are just some of them, as we attempted to reshape our squad. 

Chey was brought in on a free transfer, and was one of my most pleasing signings of the season. He is a competent, solid, no nonsense Football League Centre back, exactly what we have been missing. 

I'd tried to sign Joe the summer before, but due to wages being an issue-have I ever mentioned that-it never came to fruition. Again, its experience here. I've been far to concerned with how flimsy some of the younger lads are. It is a tendency I find on FM to try and sign loads of kids with outrageous potential, but aren't quite there yet, I'm going against that this summer.

See Lolley. 

At around 300K, Jack's our most expensive signing to date. A solid player already, with a lot of room for growth. 

I could write a lot here. But I'll let you be the judge in a minute. 

So, that's the key signings. A new team. A bit of added steel and experience. The license to attack. What would become of it?

Wallop. Not really sure where to start with it. The most complete team I've ever had at this level. We were simply another level above the rest. Goals galore, relatively soid at the back. We just dismantled teams at will. Immensley proud of the achievment. From september to Christmas we didnt drop a single point. An absolute machine of a team. So many individuals that were exceptional, that will get onto shortly. 

A good effort. 

Arsed.

So, so unlucky here. We really deserved a goal at least. But to put up such a fight shows quite how far this group has came. 

This lad is 17. Seventeen. Over a goal a game. Outstanding. He will be an absolute monster. Whether it be with us, im not sure. He's already mithering for a move away, however I will be doing all I can to tie him down. What a find. 

Exactly what I wanted from Joe. Goals and assists, had a wonderful season interchanging with Ben in the hole for us. 

An absolute revelation. Coming on a free from Stevenage question marks were asked. He delivered. 

Not only does this lad have a brilliant name, he's also 16. Future. 

Those stats speak for themselves. Brilliant signing for us and this year he really came to play. 

Domination. Note, Justin there with 13...he left us in January. Imagine how many more it would have been. 

Weirdly only the two? 

Another magnificent season. League 1 will be tough. But im confident. Cheers for reading, as always. 

So our first season in League 1, and I wasn't entirely sure what to expect. In past FMM's I would hav epu tmoney on us blasting the league. Back to Back promotions, however, I've found it a little trickier this year. This is my 6th season? And to be only in League 1 is a rarity. It was sure to be an exciting season, nonetheless. 

Another money money money summer at FC United. It's becoming laughable now, they just don't give me any money. Not a pot to piss in, however, wheeling and dealing has got us this far, so it'll have to get us there again. 

It must be the 2nd or 3rd time I had tried to sign Benjy, and finaly we managed to agree terms with him, a solid, versatile, young lad. He will do well for us. 

Clevs is coming towards the end of his career, as is Joe Lolley, and we needed a bit of depth to cover them as its not realistic to expect them to play every week. Goves will give us that. 

Goals. 

A solid start to life in League One, that. 7 points from a possbile 9 and looking comfortable throughout it all. Very relaxed abut our prospects this season. 

Another good effort, after a great win at Championship Burnley in the first round on penalties. 

All in all, a good start to life in League One. Now for the dreaded Septemeber. 

My oh my did that 7-0 save our blushes. Once again, we really struggle in Sept. However, one thing that does not help is that we have up to 6 first team players on International Duty, and yet our games still get played. It rips the first xi apart.

A very respectable first two months in the league. Certainly dont look out of our depth at this level. 

Another good month, a little inconsistent, and I think that will restrict our chances of promotion, however we will be comfortable enough. 

Still hanging in on in there as far as the Play Offs are concerned. Maybe I'm being a bit harsh on our lads. 

Again, no sort of consistency at all. Win one, lose one. Though that cup game was a great thumping win. Ejoyed that. 

Slowly starting to slip out the play offs...

Yeah, I just think we are a mid table team for now. Which is of course, fine, we were exepected to go back down again, however we cannot for the life of us get any sort of consistency going. 

Could become a very dull end to the season!

A much better month, 3 wins in the league see's us back on track. The Stoke game was unfortunate. 

I don't personally think the stats reflect a 5-1 game? What do you guys think?

Those wins have put us right back into the Play Off picture, and if theres one thing FCUM like, its the play offs!

Premature Ejaculation Room 101.

Oh okay, only 3 points? Equivalent to a super model then I suppose. It's forgiven. 

What's that? She wants a second date? Oh now we are talking. Bosh. What a month. It all clicked, EXACTLY when we needed it too. Bang on. 

It's going to be tight, but we are in a very good position now. Its in our hands again. 

Our form in March and April has been absolutley outstanding, we are without a doubt, the form team going into the play offs. Really fancy our chances at back to back promotion here, lads. 

Ah ffs, the super model dumped me. All to do in the Second Leg.

Absolutley magnificent. Off to Wembley we go (Again)

Job done. Absolutley delighted, an achievment I didn't think possible at the start of the season, and come to think of it even at Christmas. We really motored on from March onwards, playing some great stuff. Really proud of the boys. Championship football here we come. 

Goals, Goals, Goals.

The greatest player in the clubs history. 

23722695_10208314055208459_2498753788073317391_n.jpg?oh=9dbfef05ba5b6d6c3db79c6de498f0ff&oe=5AAB675A

Not a bad way to introduce yourself! Great first season at the club, hopefully many more to come.

This lad is dynamite. Hes hseading into the last year of his deal now, which may well cause us some issues. We need to get it sorted one way or another, however what a talent he is.

Another great year for the lad from Stevenage. 

Oh well thats a pickle. 

The Championship I fear will be a tricky one. Losing Alex is a blow and we still don't have a big budget. It may well be one promotion too many, too soon, but we will find it. It is sure getting interesting. As always, cheers for reading and following. xx