Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career This is our club.

Jack20

So, the Championship. What would await? A third promotion? A mid table finish? A relegation scrap? I had no idea. I was worried, very worried in fact, that we would concede too many, score too little. However, we would absolutley give it our best shot. 

The transfer window was a frustrating one, once again. I wasn't happy with the lack of signings we made, and in the most I was relying on the boys that got us here. I have earmarked next summer as a big one for recruitment, a complete gutting of the squad will take place. We did at two lads however that I feel will give us some much needed quality. 

No automatic alt text available.

Alex's job is simple. Replace Alex. 

On a free from Manchester City, I was absolutley delighted with this signing. 

A very tricky start to life in the Championship, as was to be expected of course. However, we must not let ourselves become to defeatest already. There is an awfully long way to go, and the performance against Huddersfield, a Premier League team must give us a lot of hope. 

Could have been better, yes, but we knew what we were up against. I'm confident that there are three worse teams than us in the League this season. 

Another tricky month, however the win against Charlton was a much needed boost. Not really much more to be said at this point, it seems like we will be in a relegation battle, that is fine. 

Image may contain: text

As a red myself, I thoroughly enjoyed this one. 

Another good effort against a Premier League club. Slightly harsh scoreline I feel. 

As long as teams stay well below us, I will take this any day!

A brilliant month for us, signs that we are just starting to get used to life at this level, and picking up much needed points along the way. Very very pleased with the work put in. 

That's more like it! Comfortable. 

What a brilliant month for us. We really are now starting to find our way, and scoring a fair few in the process. My gut feeling at this stage is that we should have enough to stop up this year. 

Three points off the Play Offs going into Decemeber. Not a bad position to find ourselves in at all. 

A really tricky month, we played some very good teams, and it would have been very easy to go on a run of losing games, so I'm delighted that we managed to stop the rot early doors with two big wins to end the month. 

We have to be happy with where we are at this stage. No question about it. 

Bloody hell, that didn't take long. The day we all feared, had arrived. In the Autumn I managed to tie Sadio to a five year deal, with a release clause as a punt. If we kept hold of him into the summer, maybe we would have enough money to remove the clause. If we didn't, we would at least get a fee. Unfortunatley, it was the latter. However, 10 million is a very decent profit. I then elected to reinvest that in the wage structure, and sign players to deals from the summer coming, a further post on our transfer window going into the next year is to come later. It was a risk, as it was effectively backing the rest of the squad to cover the goals lost, but I hoped it would pay off. 

A wonderful two and a half years. He will be a star. 

What a great month. We responded really well to losing Sadio. Good stuff all round. 

If anything, we should be safe from relegation now. While that seems a daft thing to say with us in that postition, I was aware how much we would miss Sadio. Our contigency plan was vital that we remained in the league for the rebuild next year. 

A mixed bag, but still, we are being competitive. A wonderful performance away at Premier League Brighton as well, where we really deserved to win the game. 

Image may contain: 1 person

Right where we need to be for now. 

A disaster month. I feared it was around the corner, and it arrived. We must stop the rot. We SHOULD be okay, however, I still want 3/4 more wins to make sure of it. 

I would take 13th place now in a heartbeat. 

A very solid end to the season, in fact it was a very very good run. In many ways its actually a shame we had that rut, as aside from that we probably would have made the play offs! However, despite that, too lose our two best players, one mid way through the year, and to then go on and survive at our first year at this level, is a brilliant achievement. 

11th in the League. That will do very, very nicely indeed. 

The runaway leader at the top, I notice as I type this that in the game he's just been subject of a bid from Liverpool. He is destined for the top this boy. A wonderful talent. 

Goals/Assist:Game ratio at 1:1. At nineteen, at this level. Magnificent. He kept us up, it has to be said. 

Manu helped as well. Brilliant season from him, I am worried about those pesky release clauses, so hopefully over the summer, I will be able to get him on a new deal. 

Not as prolific from the 31 year old, however a still very respectable season. 

No suprises that Alex found his way into the team of the year. However I was delighted to see Tom go into it. He retired at the end of this season, after four years with us. He has been a really big player for us over that time. He doesn't play every week, however that big game experience has seen us promoted twice in his spell. 

A really solid pro. His best year for us statistically as well!

I thought it only right to offer him a role at the club going forward. 

So that is the first year in the Championship, and overall, I'm absolutley delighted. It was a stress free one really, and we could have even got ourselves in the promotion picture if we'd not lost Sadio. Next season is a big one, I am aiming for the Premier League. We will be giving it a very good shot, I am sure of that. So what next for you guys? Well shortly I plan on doing a transfer window round up, as it was a big one. That will be an individual recap, and then tomorrow hopefully, the next season will be with you. Enjoy, as always thanks for reading. xx

So then, this is the year I've earmarked for a big one. At the time of typing, I haven't actually started the season, so I've no idea what to expect! The squad we have is starting to age, a lot of them have been with us since League two, and frankly aren't good enough to take us to the next level. New blood was needed, a shake up required. 

More detail on individuals will follow, but that just shows the scale of job at hand. A vast majority of those free's were agreed in January, after Sadio left for the bright lights of the red district. 

And just as many left. Some very big players for us, however, they need football and they wouldn't get it at FC. Jacob Blyth having been here since the very start, a perfect example of that. 

So let's have a look at some of our new lads. 

One very much for the future, however he has bags and bags of potential. Truly excited to see where we get with this lad. Could easily be our right back for 10/15 years to come. 

Another young lad, from Brazil this time. Think his stats speak for itself. What a talent he is, and will be for us. 

Big Merv as he will be known from now on comes in, and again at 16, is one for the future. 

And what a future that may well be, 5 star potential. Can't wait for this one. 

Okay okay, so his stats aren't amazing. But he is 15 years old. His physicals are good, and as you will see his potential is through the roof. 

As daft as it sounds, say he stops at the club his whole career, he could very well be here by the time I retire in 20 odd years time.

So at this stage, it's all kids. Slightly worrying you may think, they won't keep us up. However that wasn't my only business of the summer. 

In on a free from PSG, very happy with this. Much needed bite and drive in the middle of the park. 

Been after this lad for a while, and finally managed to get him. A very solid player from Left Back. 

The perfect Centre back, Strong, powerful, good in the air, a leader.  A massive signing for us. 

A slight punt, but we will need depth. 

Our new beast. He is going to have to replace a lot of goals this year, I'm confident he can do that job. Exactly what we needed. 

Much needed experience at the highest level. Good back up. 

So that was our Transfer window. I'm happy with it, we are perhaps a bit short up front, but I feel the overall squad is much better this season and should be able to counter that. 

A reasonably solid and good start to the season, we dominated the game away at QPR, so I wasn't worried after it, and the resulta against the rest have justified that. We've played some really good teams in August, so I am very pleased with our start. 

A good solid base to start off. 

Finally the September hoo-doo is off our back. Can't have asked for much more than this. We played some excellent stuff, and I am thorougly pleased with the progression we are making as a team. Happy days. 

A mixed month. Not the worst we will ever have by any means, but if we have aspirations about winning the title, we will need to cut out silly defeats. 

One day we shall beat Stoke. One day. 

Just about hanging on in there with Sheff Wed. 

There we go. That's the run we were looking for. One point dropped all month, good solid wins away from home. Excellent stuff. Lets get that top spot. 

In a brilliant position heading towards Christmas. A massive relief that this squad is performing as well as I had hoped that they would. 

A mixed month. Great start poor finish. It turned after tat 9-1 win! Also, 3 games in 3 days. Is that a bug???

Whatever it is, it certainly didn't help us. 4 points the gap going into the new year. 

Another mixed month. Starting to stutter a bit, which is a worry. 

Shocking performance by us. Really really poor stuff. 

The really annoying thing about all of this is that, if we did our jobs we would be walking this league. Frustrating. 

We really are in trouble now. The rot has kicked in. I've no idea why, but we have just stopped playing. We usually come good over the winter months, however, in this group it's the opposite. Worrying, very, very worrying. 

And yet here we are, two points off top. We could be home and dry ffs. 

These gutless, useless prats. What is going on here? I've tried everything, praising them, bollocking them, the lot. They've completley packed it in when it matters most. 

Chucked away the title. Chucking away a play off place wll be next on our agenda I'm sure. 

At least in the last month or so we regained some sort of form going into the play off's however, I will be absolutley fuming if we don't get promotion as we simply should have won this league. 

Dominated the scoring charts, again. Yet we didn't win the league. Shocking.

A really poor league. Only ended up 6 points off top as well. 

Where to start with this lot? Shambolic. A massive performance is needed in the second leg, or this season has been a disaster, plain and simple. 

A massive performance, JUST like that. That is what they are capable of. Why have they left it till now to do it?!

The 17 year old lad from the Congo. Big Merv. What a time to introduce yourself to the world. We were absolutley battered to tell the truth, but we got the job done. Promotion is ours, just. 

Machine. Nothing more to be said. 

The big man little man combo. Worked wonders, a massively underrated player. A gem. 

I'll take that. Solid average rating and a 1:3 scoring rate at 16/17. Plenty to build on. 

So then, the season is over. We are Premier League club. It's been a long road here, but we have finaly done it. What is next for us, I do not know. Next season is going to be a tricky one, however, I have confidence that we can make a real go at it. Can't wait to see what's to come. 

Cheers for reading, as always. Jack xx

Edited by Jack20

Just read the whole journey, congratulations, this is amazing! To get to the Premier League is astonishing, and in only 9 years too! 

You do realize though, you're going to have to beat United at home next season :P 

How is Sadio getting on? Would love to see if he's improved since he left.

11 minutes ago, Jack20 said:

Cheers pal. Big big games next year against United, Liverpool and City! I will let you know of Sadios progress in the next update mate. 

No bother mate, whenever you're able to.

Thanks man! Wow, he ended up in the Premier League too! Weird how they bought him for 26 million but only played him in 9 games last season. Hopefully he will break through this season and improve.

But yes, we're all longing for him to be back in red and white.

Just caught up with thus fantastic career thread! Simply incredible performance there man, who would have thought fc united to move up so quickly! Great job and keep it up and im loving this update style! Keeps me excited throughout!

@ManLikeRobbieBrady he is slightly injury prone, or at least he was with us. So I *suspect* that's played a part. He scored against us at our place in the league, this season mind you. 

@salohcin Thank you mate, glad you are enjoying it. There will be another season up this evening, number 10 I believe! 

26 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Going to make a prediction that you'll have your work cut out next season. There's no playoffs in the Premier League, after all ;)

We shall simply have to satisfy our Wembley cravings in the other cups. :unamused:;)

So SEASON 10. Getting this far in a career is a novelty for me. Sam will back me up on that, I usually get bored after a few years, however, this one is flying by. At the end of the season I will do a seperate round up post, looking back at the 10 years, as well as looking around England and Europe and seeing what's been going on around the world over the past 10 years. Have Liverpool finally won the league, for example?

By far the biggest transfer splurge in our history. I was FINALLY given some money to spend. I wasn't overly pleased with the summer market it has to be said. We still struggled to attract players with a rather measley wage budget, and thus, couldn't get quality in at the back. Which is never a good start. 

Not much to report on here. Claudio never played for us. Possibly 2/3 games maximum, so to make nearly a million quid profit on him, wasn't a bad move. 

Our star signing, for a record 14 million was Kasey coming in from Chelsea. Speaks for itself really, he's got food attributes, will lead the attack well for us, and in this day and age of transfer fees, was a snip.

We were in desperate need of another goal scorer, and I think I may have found him. Already a very good player, he's got bags of potential, and will be a star for us. Unfortunatley, he was out for the first four months so we had to wait till November to see what he could do. 

Look at his age. Then look at his stats. Get yourself a beer and have a sit down. 

Back up striker, which is good as he was always bloody injured. 

As already alluded too, we struggled with wages, so had to look to loan moves. Hopefully this one works out for us. 

No real suprises from our first month it has to be said. Defeats away at Liverpool and Chelsea were to be expected, though I was pleased with the way we applied ourselves in both of those games. We did well. Delighted that we managed to get a win at home to start though. It will be the home games where we will need to pick up as many points as we can do. 

I suspect we will be spending a lot of time around this area of the table this season!

Fitting that the first two goals scored in the Premier League for FC United were by that man. A club legend. 

A tough and bizarre month. We lost the game you'd give us a chance in, but picked up points in the ones you wouldn't. A bonus point at home to Arsenal was good, however, without a doubt, the cherry on the cake is that win at home to Manchester City. And what a cracker it was...

Moved up the table one place. The teams below us, particurlarly the bottom 4 will be in and around it throughout I suspect. 

To score the winner, in the last minute, against your old club, in the new 'Manchester Derby'. It does not get better than that. Absolute pandemonium. 

A tricky month, we are yet to pick up a point away from home and you do worry that may be the thing that comes back to bite us. 

Despite all of that, we are just about hanging on in there. Only just, mind you. 

Not a good month. We got our first win on the road, at newly promoted Wednesday, but then failed to pick up another point. Okay so Spurs is a game you'd not expect anything from. But Newcastle and Preston away we need to be getting results in if we are to stop up. 

Slowly slipping closer and closer....

Brilliant month for us. Massive results at Blues and Fulham will give us a bit of breathing space. A good morale boosting thrashing of Norwich as well in the cup. 

Getting a bloody nose bleed this high up!!!

It is with heavy heart, that he had to go. He requested to leave as he wasn't playing enough football and Bolton came in and offered that amount for a 32 year old. I couldn't reject it. 101 goals in 198 games for the club. He's been here since League 1. A hero. 

We're in trouble here, lads. Big big trouble. Disaster of a month. Shocking. 

Going to be a long old ride from here. Ouch. 

February wasn't much better, however, we did fiish it was a massive win at home to Soton. Looking at the fixtures, we actually have a very favourable run in. Preston, Sheff Wed, Birmingham, Fulham, West Ham and Boro are all down there. If we can get wins in those games, we will have a chance. 

It is going to be very, very tight indeed. 

The perfect month. 3 games, 3 wins. Brilliant. We needed them so so badly. I outlined above how Preston and Sheff Wed were two we had to aim for, and we did just that. Truth be told, I'd have taken that there and then. However to then go to Newcastle and absolutley thrash them is stunning. Its a bonus 3 points, and also gives us a bit more flexibility when it comes to the next two games. 

A four point cushion going into the final two months of the season, we are slowly but surely getting out of it. Crucially, we play all 3 still this season. 

Just look at that form from Southampton onwards. Thats champions winning form. What a remarkable turn around. Yes, the fixture list was kind, however you still have to win the games, and we did. We found away to beat all the teams around us, bar Fulham, and that is why we will still be a Premier League team next season. 

Not a bad game, ay? Wins at United, and at home to City the highlights in a fantastic season. 

Twelth place in the end. 6 off Europe! What a brilliant achievement this has been. It seems a long long time since we just about scraped survival in League Two. 

The king of the North. 

Got a feeling we have a lot more to see from this lad. He's done well, but he can kick on another level Im sure. 

The main man. But also one of my issues, he want's out. I'll also be able to get decent money for him, to invest in our defence. Do i do that, and chuck the kids in and hope for the best, or keep hold?

I guess you'll have to stay tuned to find out! Also as already said, later today there will be a round up of the last 10 years as we make our way from the National League North all the way to the Premier League. 

Cheers for reading. Jack xx

The 10 year round up

Not an update on my career as such, but just a look around what's been going on to get to this point. 

518 games in charge of FC, quite a remarkable achievement in itself. Can anyone tell me what the discipline is based on, and why it would be so low? Wouldn't mind trying to get those two low ones higher. Also think considering the amount of levels we have gone up, to have won roughy half my games is quite an achievment. 

Not entirely sure how they work this out, but there are a few I'm not quite sure about. Ah the days of Pedro in League 1. Happy memories. Absolutley no idea how Deslandes has ended up in this as he was garbage! 

A break down of it all, weird really that we have gained 5 promotions yet only won the league twice. Our defensive stabilty has also gone tits up over the past few. Long gone are those days of Natonal League North conceding just 21. Though goals are much easier to come by now, which is pleasing. 

The one thing we are missing, and I hope to gain this year is a proper cup run. The fifth round being the best we've done isn't good enough really. 

Same for the League cup too. Poo.

Definite spells of domination. United early doors under Jose, Chelsea and Spurs seem to be the top dogs nowadays, still no sign of a Liverpool trophy.

Italian domination in Europe too. No idea where all those AC Milan wins have came from. STILL no Liverpool trophy. 

English clubs love the Europa League. Not Liverpool though, of course.

The usual suspects. City, Spurs and Chelsea dominating. Even Sunderland won one! @samhardy Still no Liverpool trophy. 

Spurs really have dominated England over the save. Very impressive. Ah finally a Liverpool trophy! So by my workings out, thats two league cups since 2012, so 2 trophies in 15 years! Big Club still? @Ashez discuss?

In other news, the USA won a World Cup.

And Germany were Germany. 

Thought i'd leave you with a little tease for the new season....

Spoiler

@Jack20 based off experience you get your discipline rating up by telling off players at the right times. Do you appeal every red coming your way? Could be why it's so low. Domestic player bias goes up the more English players you sign. 

Getting wins over the two Manchester teams is brilliant, mate! Next year the double? :) Great career this has been already. Can't wait to see how high this United team is gonna fly. 

Stupidly forgot to screenshot my transfer windows going into my second Premier League Season. From what I can remember there was nothing major to write home about, other than the signing of Sadio for around £38M. It was a bit pricey, but I was desperate to bring him back to the club. Where he belongs. 

A poor start it has to be said. Okay playing against United and the champions Spurs was always going to be tough, and we showed good fight in both, but the defeat away at Stoke was a really poor one. We really need to start winning these types of games if we want to progress. 

Hopefully we are somewhat more comfortable comewhat May!

Another mixed month, again we had some tough games in there, but Ipswich at home, a newly promoted team, we NEED to be winning those games. It isn't good enough. Having said that, I was absolutey delighted with the win away at Chelsea. It was thoroughly deserved. 

Slightly better reading. Its a weird one really on what to be aiming for, our natural trajectory has seen us go up in our second year and have a rapid rise, that is obviously not going to happen at this level. So is 15th a good season?

Much better season for us. Starting to pick up some much needed wins against the teams in and around us, progressing nicely in the League Cup too, I'd really love to go on and start winning trophies. We've only won 3 so far in 10 years.

Mundance middle of the road. Boring but safe. 

Just the three games in November, but we go unbeaten, an excellent month for us. Tough one coming up so it was vital that we picked up some much needed points along the way. 

Exactly where we want to be. Natural progression from last season. Good stuff, need to keep it up going into the new year now. 

What a shocking month that was. Started with a brillaint win away at Arsenal but after that one disaster after another. Battered at home to city, battered away at Soton in the League Cup. Shocking. Could not have been a worse month for us. 

Okay, so the ships been settled slightly. Still inconsistent, but we are at least back winning games, that's the main thing. Good wins in the FA Cup also for us. 

Don't think we will get dragged into any relegation battles, but we certainly won't be going for Europe either. The wind down to the Summer starts here...

Decent enough money, good points away at Leicester then at home to Chelsea. Fear we may have missed our chance to beat Liverpool in the cup though, unfortunatley. 

Literally nothing is happening. Nothing. I'd give up reading at this point tbh lads and skip to the end of the season. Hahaha

Yep, as feared we missed our chance in the home leg. Shame really, however Liverpool did deserve to win. In the league few big defeats away from home that isn't good, however, can't really moan too much we are safe. 

Sadio's 100th goal for the club, at the age of 22. 

Can't wait for my 2 weeks all inclusive in Benidorm. 

The players clearly couldn't be arsed from around March time when it was apparent we weren't going to do anything in the league. I wasn't either. The board however, were, and were rather pissed off at me. Thought it was slightly odd myself, but never mind. 

14th. Slightly lower than last season, but still decent enough. 

Bit of a dull update I'm afraid lads! Hopefully next season will be a better one all round, I've signed some good players, and one old familiar face is back, so catch that either tonight or tomorrow. Cheers for reading, as always. Jack xx

Cheers for the comments lads. Was a tricky year, but we are back ready to go again!

So season three in the Premier League, after a good first year, a slightly dissapointing second year we are back for another go. We have to improve on last year, it is a must. 

Yonny was brought in as we are lacking quality in the middle of the park. We have plenty of nearly players, but not many that are there now. We need to bridge that gap. 

Another area of the pitch that we have been struggling wth is left back. Josh comes in from Sheffield Wednesday and will become our first choice for a few years, while a younger lad becomes more accustomed and developed. 

For 16 Million, bringing Dion in was a no brainer. He has bags of talent now, with plenty of room for development. One to watch out for, for sure. 

After bringing back Sadio last year, we brought back Alex for 25 Million. He's a goal scorer, simple as that. Exactly what we need.

After years of flirting with wanting to leave, we decided it was time to cash in Miralem. His goal scoring record has dropped quite significantly, and for the money being offered it made sense for us to get rid. 

A solid start, if nothing else. A good win at home before our traditional August trip and defeat to Chelsea away. Not really reading too much into the start of the season. We've done okay. Nothing more. 

Wonder if Huddeersfield will be there in May? 

Very good month for us. Winning games that we should be winning, whereas last year we were dropping points in them. Showing good progress. 

Huddersfield starting to vanish. 

Horrible month for us. A very good start with the win at Leicester where we have struggled, however from there it was all down hill. Admittedly, Spurs and City are two of the best teams in the league. 

One day we will beat Stoke in a cup game. One day. 

Not a bad position to be in 3 months into the season. Solid, if a bit boring. Good. 

STUPIDLY FORGOT TO SCREENSHOT NOVEMBERS RESULTS. HOWEVER...

It appears we won 3 league games? All three league games in fact. Brilliant month ahah!

Another excellent month for us. A shame we lost at Burnley to miss out on going the whole month unbeaten, however we are looking a really good solid side here. Admittedly, it was after Christmas that we collapsed last year, but we don't seem to have that same flimsyness this year. 

Our first win at Anfield. I enjoyed that. 

Knocking on the door of a European Place. While I wouldn't dissapointed if we didn't end up with one, that is what we have to be aiming for now. 

A really poor month. Only two League wins, and dumped out of the Cup by lower league Bolton. I really wanted to win that this year, and so did the board. Dissapointing. 

Still there or there about's. And I'm fairly certain 6th will become a European place soon enough. 

A horrible month. Why oh why do we have this every year? Is there something in the game? Or is there something I can do? It's the same players. Same tactics. Why?!?!?

If only we did our bloody job, it would be a lot easier. We are still in with a chance, but with the run we are on, I've no confidence on us turning it around. 

Much needed wins against City in the derby, and Everton who are one of the teams around us. It's going to be tight. 

A big final month or two awaits us. Come on lads, lets get back on it. 

Couldn't have asked for a much better finish to the season that. When we get on a roll, we are unstoppable. It just makes me confused as to why oh why we can also be so so bad. However, it was a good finish to the year, would it be enough to gain European Football for the first ever time?

It was! What a magnificent season it has been for us. It truly is a great achievement, the progression from last season would have been enough for me, however to then get the prize at the end of it is even better. I am still slightly worried about our mid season blips, however, overally excellent season. 

Our four strikers, all in double figures, and all in the top 10 League Scorers. We share the goal around, and I am more than happy for that. The season, especially next year with Europe will be long, we will need everyone. The depth is excellent for us. 

Cheers for readind lads, next up will be a summary of our squad, so you get to see exactly who has got us into Europe, and then later on after you'll see how we got on. Jack xx

Awesome job! The pressure and expectations are really mounting at this point. I bet the fans expect you to finish on a European spot every season now. :)

Can't wait to see how this group of players does on an international level.