Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career This is our club.

Jack20

The following season will be up later today, I can assure you, it is worth the wait. However, I said I wanted to go through the squad that had claimed European Football for the first time, so here goes. This is my FC United.

No automatic alt text available.

Number 1 at the club, Flo is a brilliant keeper. Not exactly sure who's regen he is-if at all, actually. Brought in from Milan on a free, three years ago now, he's been a rock ever since. Won't even attempt to pronounce his name. This is where we need @Jens Ah for the good old days of Vibe. 

Javier's stats aren't actually that good. And as I'm typing I'm thinking why did I actually sign him. To tell the truth, I have no idea. However, he has been an ever present for me. Mr Reliable he does the basics well and never lets us down. 

If there's one thing I love, its a feisty Argie. Unfortunatley, this fiest Argie spends a lot of his time moaning and whinging a t me about wanting a move to Spain. Stats speak for themselves, a very good defender. 

We have so many da Silva's to tell the truth I couldn't tell you a single thing about this lad. He looks good, I guess. 

You've came across Josh before, a solid pro. Exactly what this group needed right now. Mr Reliable.

This lad is still rocking about, which was a shock to me when he cropped up and scored at Chelsea as I thought I'd sold him. 

See what I mean about da Silva's?

Getting on a bit now is Kasey, and I suspect his stats will slowly falter, but he is still an integral part of the set up. A brilliant player for us. 

This lad can play bloody anywhere. Great potential and is already doing a job for us when injuries amount. Any guesses on who's regen he is?

Massively underrated player is Marco. By myself included. He's like an Italian, Park Ji Sung. Never let's you down in the big games.

You know the score on Big D by now. He's got great potential. 

IF we could just get that stamina up, Alex would be the best striker in the world. Absolutleu lethal in front of goal. He just can't go a game without his inhaler. 

His conversion rate is stunning. He just can't play every week ffs. 

The only Icelandic bloke that doesn't do that weird clapping thing they did at Euros. What was that all about?

Bossman. 

Who seemingly only deals in goal values of 21.

Manu is still rocking about for us, which is nice to see. He's been excellent for us in the early Prem years, like Cleverley, a real club legend. 

Bloody solid stats as well. 

Right then lads, get yourselves comfy, get a brew and a biscuit. This is a big one. Firstly, forgot to screenshot transfers again (Sorry), but there wasn't anything major from what I can remember. 

The season started with us moving to a brand new 30,000 stadium. I couldn't think of a proper name, so plumped for my usual response to football related issues. 

August and September came and passed and it was a decent enough start I would say. We've progressed well in Europe, and are starting to pick up some good wins in the league. As you can see, we got our yearly defeat to Chelsea in August, once again. 

Middle of the road, standard start to the season for us. 

A mixed October, we did go undefeated, but still not sure if I'm entirely happy with all of the results. Nevertheless, we are in a good position in a few comps now. 

Not really taking much notice at this stage. The league is very compact and all it willl take is a good run of results and we will start to motor up the League. We're showing signs of development, which is pleasing me. 

Another solid month, progression in two comps and going along nicely in the League, very happy going into the winter period. 

Ever so slighlty off the pace, but as already alluded too, there is plenty of time left in the season. 

We sent out a real message over the Christmas period. Going to City and winning, then following that up with a win at home to Spurs shows just how much we are coming along. Absolutley brilliant results for us. 

Image may contain: text

Completley deserved victory, as well. Soaked up the pressure, and took the chances when they came our way. 

In a good position if we can keep up this form. I know we are capable of beating anybody on our day,we just need to go about proving as such on a consistent basis. 

An absolutley brilliant month. A mammoth amount of fixtures, only one defeat and a trip to Wembley booked. We're grinding out wins against teams we should be beating as well as making life difficult for the big boys. I still think the squad is still a level below winning the league, however we are comfortable in the league.

Is top 4 a potential? If we keep it up, there's absolutley no reason why not. 

Now it appears I forgot to screenshot a lot of results at this point. So at this stage we are going to jump right to the end of the season in the league. 

So we finished 8th. Slightly dissapointing when we were so close to the top four, far to inconsistent in the latter half of the season. However, there mitigating circumstances for that. 

The League Cup run to Wembley

This was a frustrating old game. We deserved to win, as the stats show, however we did make real hard work of it. Nevertheless, job done. Into the next round with ease. 

Another 1-0 home win. Another Alex goal. Again, we dominated and deserved it. Not really a game for the neutral, mind you. 

Our first trip to the semi finals, with an excellent performance away from home at West Brom. After going one down to return the way we did, was brilliant. Spurs awaited in the Semi Finals. 

Absolute dominance from start to finish. Ahem.. We took our chances, that's all I can say. It doesn't matter at this stage though, we have out ourselves in a brilliant position. 

Christ we made hard work of that. We took the lead, and that should have been that. However, we then decided to try and chuck it away. Very nervous, however we got the job done. 

So to our first Major Final, Arsenal would await at our second home, Wembley. 

And boy did we deliver. It was a very nervous end to the game, however we got the job done. Our first major trophy, and hopefully it will kick start our winning ways. 

Europa League

This European lark is easy. Yes, they are very poor, but that's a brilliant start to the campaign. 

Goals goals goals. Two for 15 year old Ever, as well.

That away goal may well have saved our bacon big time. We absolutley battered them. 

In the end it was comfy. However, we must learn quickly away from home that we need to take our chances when they come to us. 

A very good start to the group stage. Arguably the toughest game of the group, and we open up with a win and a clean sheet away from home. 

We already look incredibly comfortable at this level. We're winning games easily, qualification should be sorted soon. 

Not a bad result away from home. 

We made hard work of that, but its a good comeback. We are in a good position in the group now. 8 points with two games to go. 

Brilliant result at home, back to winning ways and qualification confirmed as group winners. 

Another European goal for the 15 year old. 

A bloody tough start to the knockouts. Its a good result, however I can't help byt feel we missed a trick not getting another few goals with the amount of chances we created. 

Nervy and edgy, however we go the job done, keeping another clean sheet. Liverpool await us in the next round. 

Bedlam in the stands late on. We have a real task on our hands at Anfield, but we are in a great position. 

That goal in extra time eased the nerves, a rollercoaster night, but we deserved it. We were absolutley brilliant. 

Another late winner this time against Dortmund. However with two away goals conceded its going to be tough. It also could have been so much more for us if it wasn't for those ruled out goals.

That was absolute torture. However we got the away goal we deserved to put a bit of daylight between us. A semi final with Braga awaits us.

Job done. What a magnificent performance away from home. AAbsolutley dominated from start to finish. More than one foot in our first European final, in our first European campaign. 

The greatest night in our clubs history. Period. What a game. What a team. Stunning. Off to Germany for the final against a very good Lazio team. 

WE DID IT. My nerves were shot to bits, but we DID IT. I feard it wouldn't be our dat after the goal was ruled out in the game but we go there in the end. We will be playing in the Champions League next season. What a journey. 

That's what we like to see. Goals, goals, goals. Stunning season for the big man. 

Finally got a good run of games out of him, and he didn't let me down. Brilliant player for us. 

Big Merv's breakout season. Still only 21, he is really developing. 

Not as good a return for Sadio, however he is now part of a big group of strikers, and is still playing a massive role for us. 

Four lads in the team of the year. A very good year alll round.

So, what a season. Stunning. Two trophies, Champions League football. SO much to look forward too. Cheers for reading, as always lads. xx

1 minute ago, BatiGoal said:

Nice!!! Not the league run we were hoping for but who cares when you outdid yourselves in the Cups. Hello Champions League ;)

I ended up chucking a fair few league games. Resting big players etc. 

Great story Jack,

I was thinking about buying the game and found you, I'll buy it later this afternoon. Thanks for sharing.

Couple of questions if you have some free time:

- When I try to take lower division teams, I find it impossible to make my roster grow without any budget, any tips on scouting frees and expiring contracts?

- How long does it take for you to play a full season? Your team is improving everyday and it feels like you spend some time searching transfers.

Thanks again!

Cheers, Joak

Afternoon pal, get the game! The improvement from last year is immense. 

Searching for players-When you start and go onto the search system take off the "interested" toggle as that restricts who you can and can't see. It may mean you get players who's wages you won't be able to afford, but you never know. Then basically remember what level you're playing it. A top striker in the conference isnt going to have Premier league stats. Be realistic, look around the league see what other teams are like and take it from there. 

As for timings, if we are doing well, I can usually do it 3/4 hours. If that tbh. 

Right then boys and girls, I'm off to the Missus' tonight, so there won't be any updates over the weekend. But alas, do not worry, get yourself comfy because I have one for you here right now!

As you remember, last year was our most successful season to date. The league we finished a slightly dissapointing 8th however I have no doubt that would have been higher if the Europa League had not been the priority. We went on to win that, and the League Cup ensuring Champions League football for us. 

An assault on Europe would require quite a bit of quality brought into the squad. Don't get me wrong, we have a good team, however not a great team. Whule these four don't complete the picture, they take us on our way there. 

In on a bosman from Udinese, he is Kasey's long term replacement. What a find this lad, bags of talent and will only get better for us. 

Brought in from Sheffield Wednesday for just south of £20M he is certainly one with an eye to the future. I have brought in a lot of centre backs, but have yet to find the right balance, hopefully Darius is apart of that. 

Josh Earl was the perfect signing for us at the time, however he is now slipping down the pecking order as he grows older. A bit of Italian stability at Left Back was needed. 

We had this lad on loan a few years back, he has came on an awful lot since then, and I feel he can become a vital cog in the machine. 

A fair few left this summer. Dion was the tricky one. Big Merv has simply became a better player than him, and with the already three established strikers at the club, he wasn't going to get a kick. 

Welcome to the big boys arena, I guess...

A really poor first month on the surface. However, when you break it down it isn't THAT bad. A win at Anfield is always good, Chelsea in August AGAIN, is a game that can go either way. Soton however was a very poor result. 

Not where we want to be of course, however it's only three games in, we've played two of the big boys already, nothing to worry about at this stage. 

A better month for us. Starting to pick up wins, a good result at homearrow-10x10.png to Spurs and then wins in both the League Cup and Champions League. We're in a tough group with the holders Milan, Legia and Wolfsburg. It's not the worst by any means, but it also could have been kinder. 

Certainly a mixed bag. 

Another mixed month. We can't for the life of us seem to get a run going, and we have lost two massive games in Europe leavingus in a bit of a mess. 

Not the worst position in the world to be in, but not the best position as well. Meh. 

Shocking month for us. Slowly starting to think that as a team we simply aren't good enough to play at the highest level. Inconsisten in the League, and in Europe we are now in a position where we ideallly need to get a result against Milan. Which is no given the way we are playing. 

Way off the pace.

Another mixed month. Dumped out of the League Cup at homearrow-10x10.png to lower league Brighton, mixed bag of results in the league. In Europe we qualified by virtue of a better head to head record with Legia after they also lost to Wolfsburg. We then got the best possible draw in Celtic, so we have got out of jail a bit there. 

I don't think we will be winning the league this year. 

Slowly but surely signs of improvement as the month went on. We really need to start winning games as a lot can still be achieved this season. Good to beat Leeds in the cup as always. Hopefully as we approach the business end of the season we get our arses into gear. 

Top Four is certainly achievable at this stage, if we start winning. 

Best month of the season by a long way so far, winning away at City, progressing in the FA Cup and all but securing our place in the last eight in Europe. Much more like it, and we are finally starting to play like the team I know we can be. 

Image may contain: 1 person

It's all becoming much tigher in around the top eight. We are right back in the hunt. 

The perfect month. Win your league games, win your Cup games, win your European Games. Newcastle await at Wembley in the Semi Final, as you can see, Real Madrid await in the Quarter Finals. We have nothing to fear. We're absolutley flying right now. No one looks like beating us. 

Slowly creeping up. 

Another excellent month for us. United result aside, it couldn't have gone any better for us. I'll talk about the Madrid games shortly, but the Newcastle one was a slog fest. 3 Months earlier on this season, we would have lost that. But the belief we currently have drove us on, and over the line to get the vital win. 

I was relatively pleased with this result. I knew that if we lost by a goal we had a chance going back to Manchester. Yes, we may well have knicked a goal ourselves, but to not get battered ensured we had a very good chance of progressing. 

And that of course is what we did. But boy did we leave it late. Over the two legs we got our game plan absolutley spot on, and it paid off. Bedlam at the Fuck City Arena. Fuck City, indeed. 

That is how the season finished. Stuck in that 7th/8th corridor again. However, much like last year by this stage other competitions had became the priority and the kids were played. 

It would be the same game plan from our trip to Madrid the month before. Sit in, be tight and make sure we had a chance in the second leg. Again, possibly we should have scored, but it wasn't too be. We go back to Manchester with it all to play for. 

And just like that, we were off to Madrid AGAIN for the final. We were magnificent. It was one of our most complete peformances to date. 

So, the FA Cup final and the European Cup final. First times for the club. Both against Chelsea. The Champions. Going for the treble. 

Outstanding. We did a job on them. They controlled possesion, it was only in the last 20 minutes that the shots came in, before that we had controlled them fine. Another cup win for us, and Europe confirmed one way or another. Off to Madrid to do it all again, now. 

23755406_10208337547235745_6653070500000247762_n.jpg?oh=da8f69e733664ffdf6e526758a2209d6&oe=5A88E78C

Champions of Europe. I could go on and on here about the game. The stats speak for themselves. Champions of Europe. 

The triple threat attack run this ting. All have years left at the top, all will win trophies here. All are world class. 

Still only 22, a star is born. 

Came into his own towards the end of year, scoring some massive goals for us. Can always bank on him bagging one when we need it most. 

The leader of the pack. He fishes for goals better than they fish for fish in Iceland, or something like that. 

Took him a while to get going, but when he did, boy oh boy did he go. Stunning player. 

34 years old now, and he is getting better? Plays central now and is working wonders. A club legend, he will be coming onto my staff when he does call it a day I'm sure. 

Here's too the next 735. I'm here for 30 years, lads. 

Europe's best! Hats off! That's some achievement with United, mate. Bummer you failed to break into the league topspots but no one's taking away this seasons success... ever. Big congrats! 

It is starting to annoy me, it has to be said. On our day we are the best around. As you can see! But why we can't do it week in week out, I can't get. 

3 hours ago, FuddledFox said:

You definitely have a team that enjoys the big occasions. Massive well done on the Champions League. Who needs a League title when you have a champions league:) 

Spoiler

Liverpool :laugh::laugh::laugh: