Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics Vibe's FMM 18 Help me with my tactic topic

PriZe

So this topic is for everyone that has tactical questions and wants input from the communities more tactical knowledgable users to give you some guidance in becoming the next Mourinho or Guardiola :)

As questions and answers will fly in i will make a FAQ in the OP for quick reference! 

Great idea! With so much new tactics customisation, it's going to be a challenge for many to find that sweet spot. Even though my tactics are working well, I'm still getting the feeling that something could better.

But

Do I count as a 

4 hours ago, PriZe said:

more tactical knowledgable user

? XD

I think the biggest problem for most here is that they don't know how to create a tactic, they don't know when and how to tweak etc. Not saying I'm an expert mind you, but I think if people had a general idea how to go about it we'd have fewer questions we have right now. Or perhaps the patience levels have decreased considerably over the years. 

Start with any tactic (442-541-3223.. etc) and play 5-10 games. Go back to the start of the save and play the exact same 5-10 games with a few tweaks. It's important you play the same opponents in the same conditions in order to determine whether your tweaks have had a positive or negative impact on your team's performance. Tweaks include new players, new player roles, new positions or new match settings. Everything that seems logical does not always work and not everything that works seems logical, remember this, so it's vital to always test and experiment on the pitch. Don't apply too many tweaks at once or you'll get lost, I'd recommend 3-5 tweaks as a start. If results worsen go back to initial settings and try new / other tweaks, if results do improve keep tweaks and return to the start of the save again. Rinse repeat. Once you've done this several times you should have a decent workable tactic. Once you have your hands on a good tactic the only way to perfect it is to do the above with a single tweak at the time. Yes, I need to stress that. This is the most time-consuming part since progress is very slow but if you manage to acquire the right amount of patience and tweaks you'll eventually end up with a very good and consistent tactic. No one said it was going to be easy but if you long for managerial success this is the way. And I can say there's nothing more rewarding and fun in FMM than to create a great tactic and school opponents with it, season after season and career after career. And if you can't, well, you'll continue to struggle endlessly :) goodluck! 

@PriZe maybe add the above tip or something similar to the FAQ in order to avoid the most basic questions. 

Edited by BatiGoal

Best tip I could give for this version is to start with 4231 that most teams default to.  It seems to be the most effective formation this year.  If that doesn't work, start tweaking things as per BG's instructions above.

:)Maybe someone can tell something about how different player roles in game performance , that can help more rookie managers to build there own tactic.

Edited by Ares_2
7 hours ago, Rocket said:

Great Idea Prize, hopefully this should help out the community. :D

Thanks mate! That's the idea :) 

6 hours ago, veerus said:

Queue the inevitable and generic "how do I concede less or score more goals" questions in 3......2......1......

Play 1 atb and your solid ;)

4 hours ago, Meow said:

Great idea! With so much new tactics customisation, it's going to be a challenge for many to find that sweet spot. Even though my tactics are working well, I'm still getting the feeling that something could better.

But

Do I count as a 

? XD

We are all here to help you  get to that level ;):P 

31 minutes ago, Ares_2 said:

:)Maybe someone can tell something about how different player roles in game performance , that can help more rookie managers to build there own tactic.

I will see what i or somebody else can do for the the A-Z guidd! 

@BatiGoal will added it!

2 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Start with any tactic (442-541-3223.. etc) and play 5-10 games. Go back to the start of the save and play the exact same 5-10 games with a few tweaks. It's important you play the same opponents in the same conditions in order to determine whether your tweaks have had a positive or negative impact on your team's performance. 

This is the cornerstone of any tactic build. It's boring and frustrating but it is the only way to be successful. There are literally thousands of tactical combinations and you guys need to painstakingly work through them to find what you works. It's time consuming but when you have found what you are looking for it's an amazing feeling. There's nothing better than being successful with your own creation. 

Just don't do a 'billy' and get stuck playing the same 10 games repeatedly for a year like I did on 2017. I was not content  with a successful tactic, I wanted perfection and ruined my enjoyment by looking for it. 

I would also add that the randomness of the game can bite you on the backside. Even though you will come across the same teams using the same formations with the same players, results can still vary wildly. I can play 10 games winning 10 scoring 3 goals a game and conceding 0.5 during a test and think I've cracked it. At this point I run the test again with an identical setup and the results are vastly different. 

My 2 conspiracy theories of the day (which have no proof or evidence). 

1. The game punishes you for reloading the same save after a certain amount of times. 

2. Like a single match, the game calculates the seasons results (wins, loses, goals scored, goals conceded) and how you get those results can be random. E.g a great start in one save with a poor finish or vice Versa during another test (if that makes sense). Obviously every time a player is bought , sold, injured, new contract given etc etc the game recalculates results. 

Edited by billy2shots

The best advice I can give to anyone is that the stats page is your friend. Watching the visuals can help in tactic creating but the stats show you what's really going on. Find an issue there and a role or player change might solve your problem. An easy example to spot would be if your ISF is having lots of shots from distance or simply not supplying your striker enough.

Like the others have said it's all trial and error but the important thing is to try and think how the formation fits together. Who's feeding who, who compliments who, why do you have such and such a setting over another option, does anyone get in another players way and so on. 

Personally I usually only create a new tactic with a specific goal in mind, in short I'll be making the formation to do something I want it to do and I feel that focus helps to keep me on the right track. I'll always make a note or take a screenshot of previous settings and stats/results so I can compare my edits to see which I'm happy with. 

Once you have a tactic you're happy with the next stage is to work out what type of player makes it tick. A player might suit the role but he might not suit the exact role you need him to perform within your team. For example I often use an APM at CM but I'll always ensure that player is solid defensively so he doesn't leave the side open. I think this is an area most people struggle with as each player plays the role differently based on his stats so working out your sides needs is vital if you want to use it at multiple teams or so you know what transfers to make. 

In time you'll pick up the quirks of the engine and once you work out what's over powered, what's broken and basically what works you'll always have that solid base to work with. I know whenever I start making a new tactic I always start with a midfield combo I'm comfortable with and work from there. 

I used to be guilty of this but never be scared to go with the "dull" option for example using a standard CM. While they might not be as flashy or energetic as an APM or a BBM they can still do a job for you. I always used to ignore the role as it felt like a waste but in recent years I've found they do indeed have a part to play. 

Edited by Ashez
19 minutes ago, Ashez said:

An easy example to spot would be if your ISF is having lots of shots from distance or simply not supplying your striker enough.

In this situation what would you do?

3 minutes ago, Rjgreeno said:

In this situation what would you do?

It needs some further research but i have been experimenting with using inf's who have their preffered foot on the outside. Like you would do with a winger. Both my inf's have had 20 ish assists during the season.

Sadly the wingers are underwhelming from a scoring and assisting perspective

1 hour ago, billy2shots said:

Just don't do a 'billy' and get stuck playing the same 10 games repeatedly for a year like I did on 2017. I was not content  with a successful tactic, I wanted perfection and ruined my enjoyment by looking for it. 

Don't get me started :D. I think a lot of us perhaps long-time players are or have been suckers to this. If it's starting to feel like "work" better take a step back and just play without over-thinking things. 

1 hour ago, billy2shots said:

I would also add that the randomness of the game can bite you on the backside

Unfortunately this is true as well which can really mess things up at times and frustrate even the best of us. 

42 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Like the others have said it's all trial and error but the important thing is to try and think how the formation fits together. Who's feeding who, who compliments who, why do you have such and such a setting over another option, does anyone get in another players way and so on. 

If one tweaks with the above in the back of the mind you're half-way there already. The occasional curveball and randomness factor are ever present but this is a huge step into the right direction. 

1 hour ago, PriZe said:

It needs some further research but i have been experimenting with using inf's who have their preffered foot on the outside. Like you would do with a winger. Both my inf's have had 20 ish assists during the season.

Sadly the wingers are underwhelming from a scoring and assisting perspective

With this system when they cut inside do they tend to pass inside more than shooting? Or do they just shoot from a daft position or on their weaker foot? This was something I wanted to look into last year but I couldn't put up with the EME enough to do it :P. I also wonder how a wrong footed winger would perform, would they cross weak footed or naturally cut in onto their stronger foot? That could be an idea for a striker with poor heading maybe. 

Does the carry into box or whatever the setting is called seem to work? Especially if you have the shoot on site one off?

Well since I joined Vibe I always learn from you guys. Many expert players here.

I do have a problem with tactic instructions and players roles in each tactic I use .

I like to use 442 / 4312 / 451 /41221 my point is I just use any of the shared tactics here and when I want to use my own tactic I got stucked and lose heavily sometimes lol. 

I don't like to manage a top teams i always manage lower teams so indeed I have to create my own tactic.

I will post later my own tactic which I'm trying hard to make it working.

Over the years I only created 2 tactics of my own, I usually load them up and focus on players and upgrading my club..what I can tell tho is that usually tactics dont have to be overhauled..few minor tweaks can go a long long way

5 hours ago, Ashez said:

With this system when they cut inside do they tend to pass inside more than shooting? Or do they just shoot from a daft position or on their weaker foot? This was something I wanted to look into last year but I couldn't put up with the EME enough to do it :P. I also wonder how a wrong footed winger would perform, would they cross weak footed or naturally cut in onto their stronger foot? That could be an idea for a striker with poor heading maybe. 

Does the carry into box or whatever the setting is called seem to work? Especially if you have the shoot on site one off?

Wouldn't we have to see the entire match to answer those questions? That's another reason why the highlights are just that, it's what we get to see and it's one side of the story. Stats being the other. Ultimately I go by results because those never lie. Not sure what that last sentence means but it sounds very cool ? 

1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

Wouldn't we have to see the entire match to answer those questions? That's another reason why the highlights are just that, it's what we get to see and it's one side of the story. Stats being the other. Ultimately I go by results because those never lie. Not sure what that last sentence means but it sounds very cool ? 

Are you implying FMM going for visually based gameplay over text/stats is fundamentally wrong and makes no sense considering we see only dots with vague detail, brief highlights and that massive amounts is left to the imagination?

It's pretty amazing to think that FMM has this whole half of the game that's entirely in our heads. Yet we wonder so much is unkown haha

27 minutes ago, Ashez said:

It's pretty amazing to think that FMM has this whole half of the game that's entirely in our heads. Yet we wonder so much is unkown haha

That's why I play with extended highlights so it doesn't have to be in my head. The visual match thing has been steadily improving over the years. It's not perfect but it is serviceable. 

Great info so far guys.

@BatiGoal How do you go about your test games i.e. do you avoid any changes (subs, tactical tweaks etc) for the entire 90 mins or do you play a 'normal' game?

Presumably changes would influence the outcomes and therefore the test results.

4 hours ago, Thepremiermanager said:

@BatiGoal How do you go about your test games i.e. do you avoid any changes (subs, tactical tweaks etc) for the entire 90 mins or do you play a 'normal' game?

Yeah I'd play with no subs or tweaks in-game and keep it identical. Apart from the pre-game tweaks obviously. 

Ideally the above and that's how I played as a beginning manager. Now with a little more experience I simply tweak as I go into the career. Slightly more challenging but adds to the fun. 

anyone here still playing in OME?
can anyone help me in tweaking a 3-5-2 formation? i have tried tons of instruction combinations but to no success.

:unamused:I have a problem with CD roles partnership in 4 defenders formation in EME.

How do you choose the player roles of your 2CDs?Will you think of the preferred foot?

I use to pair them basic CD(right foot)+CD(right foot) and no matter who is stronger,  the left one always act as a decoration:laugh:.When I use  CD(left foot)+CD(right foot),results maybe better, but you know there is not many good left foot CDs in the game.

I see some tactics pair them BPD+CD or LD+CD often, but the BPD/LD is not left foot, that won't affect their performance? Their performance may better than basic CD+CD?

I also noticed I leak more on left cd no matter what...also I think that pairing bpd and ld isnt a good idea as bpd will go forward why ld stays and it creates a gap..I might be wrong tho

On 11/17/2017 at 14:58, PriZe said:

Thanks mate! That's the idea :) 

Play 1 atb and your solid ;)

We are all here to help you  get to that level ;):P 

I will see what i or somebody else can do for the the A-Z guidd! 

@BatiGoal will added it!

Edited by desmon111

Hi im kind of new to vibe but i would like some advice.

Im currently playing boro in the english championship with a counter 41221 tactice. Looked through the tactics index and noticed i havent seen alot of anchors in the CDM position. Would someone like to explain why? Ive been playing anchor for a few games now and always thought it would be a good defensive role but i havent seen it at all. For a counter tactic should i be playing an anchor?

Lastly, any tips on how to play a counter tactic?