Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Champions league SEMI-FINAL VS MAN CITY (Help needed)

johnvibe77

High I have already lost a home game 3-2 against Man city in champions league semis and now have to face them at their home. I need your help to give them a tough fight and turn the fortunes in my favour ... below is the starting line ups of both teams along with their playing style formation etc.  Please help me with my strategy to beat them.

form mancity.png

Mancity-play style.png

my formation.png

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_3.png

It's really hard to get it right for 1 game which is why I think no one's daring to help ? + you need to score 2 and keep a clean sheet away to City. Tough job of course. 

You've probably played and lost already lol but from the info provided I'd attempt the following. 

I usually don't mess with the passing focus too often unless I'm desperate. And these are desperate times for you. There are no major weaknesses in the City starting 11 *surprise* but I do see two non-natural players in Silva and Sterling on the mid. flanks. Both are not exactly known for their defensive qualities so you may want to try to exploit that by tweaking passing focus to both flanks. But then the question is are your flank players decent enough to take on that responsibility? 

Also, you're playing two CMs. Since you need to win by a 2-goal margin I'd take the added risk and play the higher stamina player as BBM.

Width since you play via both flanks I'd go with balanced or wide. 

Overlapping disable this since you play a back three with no FBs or WBs to do the 'overlapping'. 

Offside trap yes IF you got pacy defs with very good positioning otherwise it's happy hour all day long for the City forwards. So then No offside trap + Def. line balanced. 

If you still have a chance towards the end of the game and are 1 goal short maybe enable expressive and shoot on sight as miracles still do happen. 

It's a long shot and you probably lose anyways this time or the next ? but it's the effort that counts. No fun in throwing in the towel before a ball's been kicked so just go for it and die an honorable death (y)

On 18/11/2017 at 11:27, BatiGoal said:

It's really hard to get it right for 1 game which is why I think no one's daring to help ? + you need to score 2 and keep a clean sheet away to City. Tough job of course. 

You've probably played and lost already lol but from the info provided I'd attempt the following. 

I usually don't mess with the passing focus too often unless I'm desperate. And these are desperate times for you. There are no major weaknesses in the City starting 11 *surprise* but I do see two non-natural players in Silva and Sterling on the mid. flanks. Both are not exactly known for their defensive qualities so you may want to try to exploit that by tweaking passing focus to both flanks. But then the question is are your flank players decent enough to take on that responsibility? 

Also, you're playing two CMs. Since you need to win by a 2-goal margin I'd take the added risk and play the higher stamina player as BBM.

Width since you play via both flanks I'd go with balanced or wide. 

Overlapping disable this since you play a back three with no FBs or WBs to do the 'overlapping'. 

Offside trap yes IF you got pacy defs with very good positioning otherwise it's happy hour all day long for the City forwards. So then No offside trap + Def. line balanced. 

If you still have a chance towards the end of the game and are 1 goal short maybe enable expressive and shoot on sight as miracles still do happen. 

It's a long shot and you probably lose anyways this time or the next ? but it's the effort that counts. No fun in throwing in the towel before a ball's been kicked so just go for it and die an honorable death (y)

Well I somehow ended up winning the champions league (4-2 away win over mancity and then beat Bayern in finals) but I had to win 1 game against Everton to pull down Manu from top of the table ... but unfortunately I failed there....  season ends with moaning "Barco" leaving the club giving me USD 39 Million .... Below is where I stand now

TRANSFERS :

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_3.png

Screenshot_4.png

Screenshot_5.png

Screenshot_7.png

Screenshot_8.png

My Developed Youth signings :

1.) Leonardo Vincete : 

Bought for -  $6.5 million

Current Value: $103 million