Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help My Striker isn’t scoring many goals

Loony

I’m doing the 1000 goal challenge at Galatasary AS with Kazaiah Sterling  but my inside forwards tend to get all the goals but Sterling doesn’t!!!

9D61601C-7082-40F8-8A55-BE82CA550257.png

Edited by Loony

Inside forwards will look to shoot rather than just provide for your striker. Are you using the Enhanced match engine or OME?

Consider changing one or both INF's, possibly use one as a wide advanced playmaker. 

For your tactic, try using a combination of a winger with an AP out wide, along with the setting look for overlap if your wingbacks have good crossing skills. This should help your striker get the ball more often.

On 18/11/2017 at 16:52, Erreh said:

For your tactic, try using a combination of a winger with an AP out wide, along with the setting look for overlap if your wingbacks have good crossing skills. This should help your striker get the ball more often.

I changed my formation but still he isn’t scoring HELP!!!

59E83DC7-3B3A-417B-88DB-7344AC6985EC.png

As a team, are you getting lots of shots? Or not many? He he getting lots of shots and missing? Or not getting any at all? 

I'd switch the roles around so that you have an AP and a DLP in the midfield row. Apparently in this version BWMs spend a lot of time chasing the ball and getting out of position, whereas a DLP is more likely to both provide defensive cover AND try for a killer pass. Same with an AP obviously, although you need to pay attention to who is in these positions...

Check out the Positions screen for all your players. Any players with Shoots from distance or tries first time shots - get rid of them! Well, I keep a few but use them as subs mostly. If you have players who are going to try killer passes etc in a certain position (like DLP or AP) make sure they are playing in that position - as long as their attributes suit that.

Check out the attributes for all your players. For DLPs and APs I try to get players with high Creativity, Passing and Decisions. Tackling and Teamwork is nice too, but make sure they have the skill to get the killer passes in to your striker. Any players with low teamwork, especially as you get into the midfield and attackers - look for replacements with high teamwork values.

There's probably more, but that's all I can think of off the top of my head.