Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat South America ---> MLS Pipeline

akbrim

So, I'm a couple years into my ATL career, and I've noticed it's almost way too easy to build/win if you just scout out South American youth and build them up.

No work permits needed, so you can scoop up talent that can't get into England yet, they do fine in MLS even at 17-18 years old, then they sell for 4-6 times what you paid in a few years.

Anyone else had success this way?

10 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Almost all regens can be abused in this way but South American ones usually stand out as they're cheap. 

I'm not even talking about regens specifically, there are just so many players in the SA leagues that scout out as 3.5-5 star vs MLS roster. It's really not hard to find attackers specifically to build depth that can be worked in and sold to lower tier Europe for a tidy profit.

Edit: But yes, you're dead on, there are always cheap regens in SA

Edited by akbrim
1 minute ago, akbrim said:

I'm not even talking about regens specifically, there are just so many players in the SA leagues that scout out as 3.5-5 star vs MLS roster. It's really not hard to find attackers specifically to build depth that can be worked in and sold to lower tier Europe for a tidy profit.

That's what plenty of European sides do, look at sides like Porto and Benfica who are pretty often finding South American gems and selling them on for big money.