Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat OME vs EME

Zanders1993

1 hour ago, Fozz_Quaker said:

I play OME, for quickness and speed

I believe that depends on your mobile. I used to play with OME because I had an older phone but now I have a new one and the EME with commentary only and very fast speed is...well...very fast ;)

12 minutes ago, Archie Graveluth said:

I believe that depends on your mobile. I used to play with OME because I had an older phone but now I have a new one and the EME with commentary only and very fast speed is...well...very fast ;)

But the whole point of the EME is the visuals, how can you play the game without them as you can't see what to react to :P 

I still don't have 2018 but last year I jumped between both engines. I enjoyed messing around on the EME but I have a lot of issues with it while OME is the text based engine I love. However when I get around to picking up 2018 I do intended to try and go all in on the EME. 

5 minutes ago, Archie Graveluth said:

I might be wrong but I think the difference isn't just about pretty graphics :P

Haha, oh I know I just find certain aspects of how it's been handled entertaining :P

The tactical stuff of the EME is it's only appeal to me tbf. 

9 minutes ago, Archie Graveluth said:

I actually don't know the point of having the updated results on some games at half time. Does anyone?

It's needed as a loading screen and the scores just fill the dead space I believe. 

6 minutes ago, Ashez said:

It's needed as a loading screen and the scores just fill the dead space I believe. 

Would much prefer to see a summary of the stats of the game I'm currently playing like action zones, match stats, player ratings...

6 minutes ago, Archie Graveluth said:

Would much prefer to see a summary of the stats of the game I'm currently playing like action zones, match stats, player ratings...

Yeah I agree with this tbh

Just a simple player ratings page or something

Always thought the same too. If we're forced to have a loading screen at least give us useful information we can use in the second half etc. 

It should be the ideal time for the coach reports if that was possible. That way they have a use and we can react more on a match to match, half to half basis but even the standard stats would be better than scores. 

We used the 'scores' because in real-life its that sort of thing they do on the tannoy at half-time tbh ...

I'm open to us changing what is shown potentially, but before we do anything like this I want to mop up any more serious issues for obvious reasons.

42 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

We used the 'scores' because in real-life its that sort of thing they do on the tannoy at half-time tbh ...

I'm open to us changing what is shown potentially, but before we do anything like this I want to mop up any more serious issues for obvious reasons.

I get that too but at half time I check on Latest Score so I don't see the point in that, as well as appearing when you make tactical changes. 

11 minutes ago, sharaziuk said:

I get that too but at half time I check on Latest Score so I don't see the point in that, as well as appearing when you make tactical changes. 

To clarify something - this isn't just a 'cosmetic' display. The dialog appears because the simulation involved in the EME is incredibly heavy processing for a mobile device and the dialog is basically a 'progress bar' which contains information we thought was slightly more interesting than a bar creeping across a dialog ;)

(I can go into the design of the match engine with chaps if they're interested in it specifically - but its fairly complex and I'd prefer not to overly confuse people)

6 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

(I can go into the design of the match engine with chaps if they're interested in it specifically - but its fairly complex and I'd prefer not to overly confuse people)

yes please!

22 hours ago, Ashez said:

But the whole point of the EME is the visuals, how can you play the game without them as you can't see what to react to :P 

I still don't have 2018 but last year I jumped between both engines. I enjoyed messing around on the EME but I have a lot of issues with it while OME is the text based engine I love. However when I get around to picking up 2018 I do intended to try and go all in on the EME. 

Thats a reason I like it too, it goes back to the days of Champ Manager 97/98, the game I wasted my last year in school playing.

19 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Do you remember the old days of manual scoreboards, with the alphabet, each letter corresponded to another match, which was printed on the back of the matchday programme...How I miss those days, going to Roker Park, wide open Roker End getting soaked and eating pies that had been superheated at Sellafield ?

On 11/21/2017 at 16:04, Zanders1993 said:

What do you guys play on and what are the reasons? 

OME for a non-EME experience and EME for a non-OME experience ? 

FMM17 for every 4 careers I played one was on OME and three on EME. I like the variety I guess. Have yet to test OME this year. Probably going to test a few things out on OME as usual but will mostly play  EME because I feel it's a little harder to score on it, especially with a single player. Hattricks aren't too hard but beyond that x5-6-7 gls isn't as common on EME whereas on OME it's a little easier to produce.