Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges The Strikers' Striker Challenge

BatiGoal

- The Strikers' Striker Challenge -

hX7UPLR.jpg

You are right, the boys up there are in fact playmakers of the highest order and not your typical striker, but don't they look an awesome bunch? But more importantly, just like the misleading title, I am always thrilled to make people believe -Vibers in particular- that they are going to have an opportunity to manage FMM's finest stars when they are totally not. Quite the contrary actually -evil laughter- anyways... I present you my first of hopefully many FMM18 challenges to come. It is not a complicated challenge per se but it *will* test your tactical, strategical and man-management skills over a duration of at least 5 seasons. What formation are you going to play to get the most out of your not-so-greatly talented stars? How will you tweak the training to accommodate these non-stars? Have you given your worthless player enough rest inbetween games to excel when it matters? How does your squad react when you favor a godawful striker over a seasoned one, and how do you? What minimal qualities does your hopeles hero need to possess to be able to complete the upcoming insanity anyway? Questions and more questions you as the manager will need to find answers to. If you fail to complete any of the stages you may re-play them as often as you need before progressing onto the next one. Play the full 30 seasons to get a bigger total score if you like, or just the 5 to quickly note your name on the leaderboard for everyone to see. There are a couple of rules though but we get to those once I present The Strikers' Striker Challenge first. 

The Challenge Objectives: Load any nations in any order you like, one of which must however be the English one, and select your preferred EPL club. You're going to embark on a journey taking 1 (forward) player with you from each of the lower English divisions per season, each increasing in difficulty as you go. For this challenge I have chosen to focus on goals scored in the Premier League only. This in order to have a gradual increase in difficulty and at the same time measuring your "weakening / less talented" striker Vs striker per stage against (near) identical opponents in the English top division. Stage 1 will see you score a minimum of 50 league goals with a striker bought from a Championship club. Stage 2 the exact same but this time with a striker bought from a League One side. Stage 3 with a player from League Two, and Stages 4 and 5 with one from Vanarama National and Vanarama North/South respectively. See below:

1. Stage One - score 50+ EPL goals with a Championship player
  2. Stage Two - score 50+ EPL goals with a League One player
  3. Stage Three - score 50+ EPL goals with a League Two player
  4. Stage Four - score 50+ EPL goals with a Vanarama National player
  5. Stage Five - score 50+ EPL goals with a Vanarama North/South player

Players you may use:

• Real players
  • Fake/Grey players 
  • Regens/Evogens

Players you may NOT use:

• Loanees at the clubs
  • Previously used players
  • Ex-players (to combat the obvious)

The Challenge Rules:

• No unlockables incl. SD, no IGE or reloading etc. Coaching Badges ARE allowed. 
  • The 5 stages must be completed in order of difficulty (1 to 5) and may last no more than 1 season each.
  • Take as many attempts per stage as you need but a new player must be used for every new attempt and/or stage.
  • Your chosen player must score 50+ league goals in 1 season before you may move on to the next stage. 
  • When buying a player, all teams in that specific league count, also newly promoted/relegated ones.
  • Post a career for us to follow in order to be eligible for the leaderboard. 
  • Have fun :)

The Strikers' Striker Leaderboard:

(best scores from all stages, including the last/failed stage)

1. 236 pts - BatiGoal Link: career post
Edited by BatiGoal
7 minutes ago, Erreh said:

Holy crap this looks like a hard challenge. I'm looking forward to seeing someone attempt it!

Thanks mate, I too can't wait to see people attempt and fail one after the other. I may have finally created the Unemployment Challenge's evil twin :laugh:

Talking about evil, friendly thanks to my challenge advisors @MerlionMaple96 @samhardy @Taff @Ashez @PriZe @FuddledFox who had the most devilish advice during its creation. Trust me, this is hands down the most playable version I present, you don't want to know what the first draft looked like. ? 

I'm by far the lesser evil of the aforementioned bunch ? 

I’m going on this one, watch out! And just to clarify, is your stage total the most goals scored in a year or the total goals scored by that stage 

1 hour ago, MasonT827 said:

I’m going on this one, watch out! And just to clarify, is your stage total the most goals scored in a year or the total goals scored by that stage 

Stage total is most scored in a year/season. Your best season. 

Btw I understand this is a toughie so I have decided to accept all attempts even "unsuccessful" ones. This should make things even more interesting and competitive on the Top 5 leaderboard. So if someone for example completes 3 stages and only manages 45 goals in stage 4 and therefore can't progress, I'll add up the best scores in the first three stages + the best (failed) attempt in stage 4.

This should keep things fun and inviting for everyone to give it a go. 

Edited by BatiGoal
5 hours ago, Sousa_XI said:

It's a great challenge but I'm still can't find a great tactic to work with me.

I love this kind of challenges 

Hope you get a tactic clicking soon so I can add your name to the leaderboard ;)

15 minutes ago, mcandrew003 said:

Fantastic challenge BG. Really like the look of it, great work. 

Thanks.

19 minutes ago, haykay said:

This is gonna be very very hard,even the Epl is hard with a small team from League 2 below.

For everyone who's complaining about the game being "too easy", here's a challenge ? 

No worries if Stage Five is impossible, people can still make the leaderboard if they finish a single stage. My guess is Stages One to Three are doable for the best among you even if multiple attempts are needed. Four and Five are what we call a challenge ;)

Edited by BatiGoal
1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

For everyone who's complaining about the game being "too easy", here's a challenge ? 

No worries if Stage Five is impossible, people can still make the leaderboard if they finish a single stage. My guess is Stages One to Three are doable for the best among you even if multiple attempts are needed. Four and Five are what we call a challenge ;)

This challenge is something else really.. Wow. I'll try it though... Give it a try would you? Or you afraid of failing your own challenge? :D

10 minutes ago, Kingsolop said:

This challenge is something else really.. Wow. I'll try it though... Give it a try would you? Or you afraid of failing your own challenge? :D

Thanks! I've failed more than I would've liked this year so afraid, no, terrified, yes ? once we see some names on the leaderboard I'll happily demote all of 'em to put mine at the top :P

39 minutes ago, Kingsolop said:

I "Smell" Sleepless nights.?

IMG_6549.JPG

Love the challenge Bati and I know you and your confidants would have given plenty of thought to the goal of 50 league goals a season but 50!!!!! That's a huge number just from league games. 

I was against the 50 goal total for what it's worth :P 

With lucky regen spawns it might be possible but I'm not optimistic tbf haha. I save my nasty side for CC challenges ;) 

Edited by Ashez

13 minutes ago, billy2shots said:

Love the challenge Bati and I know you and your confidants would have given plenty of thought to the goal of 50 league goals a season but 50!!!!! That's a huge number just from league games. 

Thanks mate. I probably should have fired these confidants ages ago but what can you do? Feel sorry for 'em in these pricey times and they need a job. 

As for those 50 goals.. ideally 38 games - > roughly gl/game ratio gives 38. Plus extra rest days another 4-6 goals. And.. well the other 6-8 goals needed, not totally sure where those are supposed to come from. Hope any of you can figure that out ? 

3 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I was against the 50 goal total for what it's worth :P 

And in favor of much worse :O:P

3 hours ago, Kingsolop said:

Lool..Should I fail once, I'll take a front row seat and watch others try

That's nice,i wish you luck.

5 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Leaderboard updated!

I'm on top 😎 anyone out there wanting to knock me off the throne?

Always get a sickening feeling seeing "BatiGoal" on the top of any leaderboard.

Someone attempt this asap please.