Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges The Much Adu about Nothing Challenge

danovic78

The Much Adu about Nothing Challenge

5c959b0cc36017879bc3469b3dac675f.jpg

If everything had gone exactly according to plan, Freddy Adu would have been in a football stadium in Europe on a Saturday afternoon, in his prime at age 28 starring for a big club, tormenting opponents with exciting bursts and preparing to guide the United States to the World Cup next summer.

He was destined for superstardom. Instead, he ended up bouncing around the planet like mislabeled luggage: 12 teams in eight countries, plus countless tryouts and promising leads that never panned out.

Once billed the next Pele — and once a co-star with the Brazilian soccer icon in a TV commercial — Adu never fulfilled the massive potential that he displayed excelling with U.S. junior national teams. He was, he admits, too young for a pro career. He became spoiled and didn’t work hard enough, and found himself in bad situations with various teams and coaches.

This past summer, Adu was prepared to join a Polish team. The technical director wanted him but the coach didn’t. So he turned down the offer.

Can you turn the ultimate FMM wonderkid into something still?

5bec108e89f24c82bc51bc2953e31033.png

RULES

• Load up the MLS and any other leagues (I think you need the MLS is order to pick Adu up)
  • Sign Freddy Adu on a free transfer.
  • Play as many seasons as you can with him before he retires.
  • Set a target for the combined number of goals and assists with Freddy.
  • Usual other rules apply.

LEADERBOARD

@kts365 319 Assists and Goals - Career

@danovic78 318 Assists and Goals - Career

Edited by danovic78

Was Freddy just overhyped by the media, the Americans, or did he just run from one unfortunate event into another. Wherever the truth lies this challenge gives us a good incentive to get this man his long-awaited fame. 

And another good reason to play MLS (y)

Edited by BatiGoal
5 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Was Freddy just overhyped by the media, the Americans, or did he just run from one unfortunate event into another. Wherever the truth lies this challenge gives us a good incentive to get this man his long-awaited fame. 

A bit of everything really I think. Time has not been kind to him stats wise...can still dribble well! :celebrate:

I was delighted to see him join Benfica ages ago...as a teen I believe.. but as we know little came of it. There's still hope tho, a late bloomer perhaps :)

35 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

I was delighted to see him join Benfica ages ago...as a teen I believe.. but as we know little came of it. There's still hope tho, a late bloomer perhaps :)

Very, Very late...

7 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

wasnt he hyped up from about 12 years old, played for the National Team and in the MLS by 13 or 14.

People were hyping Federico Macheda at Man Utd, Adnan Januzaj a few years ago and more recently Martin Odegaard

7 hours ago, Fozz_Quaker said:

People were hyping Federico Macheda at Man Utd, Adnan Januzaj a few years ago and more recently Martin Odegaard

Odegaard is currently playing in Holland for SC Heerenven and while he sometimes shows flashes of brilliance it's just too few and far between. I'm very very sceptical about this kid. Really hope I'm wrong and we do get to see another legend in the making. 

See if anyone knows who I'm talking about.

Another hyped player dubbed the next Ronaldinho. Manchester United were looking to buy him. Famous for his Seal Dribble... 

added 0 minutes later
9 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Odegaard is currently playing in Holland for SC Heerenven and while he sometimes shows flashes of brilliance it's just too few and far between. I'm very very sceptical about this kid. Really hope I'm wrong and we do get to see another legend in the making. 

I think the move to Real was too soon. 

10 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Yeah...he seems like a nice kid as well, I think having that kind of hype placed on you at 13/14 is something he should not have to deal with.

54 minutes ago, sharaziuk said:

See if anyone knows who I'm talking about.

Another hyped player dubbed the next Ronaldinho. Manchester United were looking to buy him. Famous for his Seal Dribble... 

added 0 minutes later

I think the move to Real was too soon. 

Kerlon, about 2011/12ish, wasn't he about 15 at a cost of about £15m...I have a thing about remembering seemingly insignificant things about nothing

The problem with Martin Odegaard signing for Madrid was it was nothing more than a publicity stunt...

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11835/10321740/carlo-ancelotti-real-madrid-signing-martin-odegaard-was-pr-exercise

5 hours ago, Fozz_Quaker said:

Yeah...he seems like a nice kid as well, I think having that kind of hype placed on you at 13/14 is something he should not have to deal with.

Kerlon, about 2011/12ish, wasn't he about 15 at a cost of about £15m...I have a thing about remembering seemingly insignificant things about nothing

The problem with Martin Odegaard signing for Madrid was it was nothing more than a publicity stunt...

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11835/10321740/carlo-ancelotti-real-madrid-signing-martin-odegaard-was-pr-exercise

Kerlon has just retired aged 28!

Edited by danovic78