Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lilgwanz

How to add images to your post easily

Hello guys so this was a bit confusing to me until i found the fix and here it is,to attach images to your post simply upload the image to imgur a file sharing site
once done you should see this

zo9lHCk.png

Click on "get share links"

QaNGN3I.png

Now just copy the code and paste

Viola!!!

Edited by lilgwanz

I'm using FM Shots which I had to set up after imgur blocked FM Scout for excessive bandwidth usage. I'd say it's as easy to use as imgur, except it requires a free member account.

18 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

What's the advantages over just uploading them direct?

Having your uploaded images organized in albums the way you want, which enables you to easily find older material.

27 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

What's the advantages over just uploading them direct?

Habit mostly but as I write offsite it means I can format whatever I'm writing and add in the image links as I go etc. In fairness I've only used the Vibe method once and I posted one image so I can't really say how they compare but C+P links is what I'm used to. When Vibe started image hosting I believe all images could be seen which didn't work for me as I often share "spoilers" and stuff via PM so I just stuck with using Imgur. 

Like Stam said stuff like being able to organise things is also nice but I've been slipping in that regard on Imgur for a long time haha. I tend to organise on my PC but when they're organised on Imgur it can be handy to find an needed image when away from the PC. I also like to clear my device of images often so it means I can do that once they're backed up on the PC and still have access to them. 

This is a career posting guide I wrote ages ago but I talk about how I organise stuff and image hosting etc. 

In general, we prefer having images hosted on site - it prevents stuff getting lost in the future. Just take a look at older forums around the internet and all the Photobucket links which are now broken due to their new "pay to access" system. We don't want that to happen here.

If you want to find old attachments you have uploaded here to reuse, then click on the "Insert other media" button underneath the text area, then "Insert existing attachment", where you will find a list of every image you have ever uploaded.

1 minute ago, Putzy said:

In general, we prefer having images hosted on site - it prevents stuff getting lost in the future. Just take a look at older forums around the internet and all the Photobucket links which are now broken due to their new "pay to access" system. We don't want that to happen here.

Sadly that's already happened here to an extent. I know @BatiGoal had an issue with a load of his images disappearing from 2016-17 :(

2 hours ago, samhardy said:

Sadly that's already happened here to an extent. I know @BatiGoal had an issue with a load of his images disappearing from 2016-17 :(

Recovered some of them actually and I still have access to those pics but not too bothered tbh as most are careers. Still if there's an article out there someone likes to read I'll 'heal' it in half an hour or so. I'm on Imgur now but will probably upload straight to Vibe to avoid another "photobucket" episode. :@

Edited by BatiGoal

Photobucket is bad, avoid at all costs. :P 

5 hours ago, Putzy said:

What he said. (y)

On 26/11/2017 at 10:12, Putzy said:

If you want to find old attachments you have uploaded here to reuse, then click on the "Insert other media" button underneath the text area, then "Insert existing attachment", where you will find a list of every image you have ever uploaded.

Can you upload a bunch of career screenshots as a batch to vibe and do they have to be displayed on the forum somewhere before you can select them?

I've been having quite a lot of issues trying to add images directly into posts here at vibe. They show up OK in my browser when I have posted them but aren't visible from other browsers or mobile. 

Is it a file-size thing, or something else that I'm missing?