Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics Liverpool's Jurgen Klopp Tactics by Weulfoe

JohnWeulfoe

Liverpool's Jurgen Klopp Tactics

First of all , being a Liverpool fan its a honourable opportunity to share my own made Jurgen Klopp FMM18 tactics [EME]. I am not an expert or perfect man but I believe it will help a lots of people who want Jurgen Klopp tactics. So, any suggestions will be appreciated.☺

Jurgen Klopp currently plays 4-3-3 formation with possessions , hard pressing & counter attacking (gegenpressing) an aggressive and organized press to regain possession when the ball lost higher up the pitch, the things he famous for. There was different kind of madness born from Klopp's method in Football when Liverpool gegenpressing likes Adam Lallana , Roberto Firmino , Henderson , Coutinho etc. It was a game which rarely paused the breath.?

Well, we can't get 100% working Jurgen Klopp tactics in FMM18 but a very similar tactics we can get.

Spoiler

wrc8xoyj.gif

In the Back 4

Center Back (Matip & Lovren) so they can pass effective and maintain possession.

Wing Back (Moreno & Gomez/TAA) goes forward and cross into the box.

In the Mid 3

Deep lying playmaker (Henderson) play between both CB's he hold the position , help in build-up play , intercept and uses his creativity with excellent direct passing.

B2B Midfielder (Can) regulalry moving from defence to attack , able to do everything on the pitch i.e. tackling , shooting & support etc.

Advanced Playmaker (Coutinho) create chances for his teammates with his excellent creativity , passing and vision and tries long shot outside the box.

In the Front 3

Inside Forward (Salah & Mane) outside to inside with his superb pace & gorgeously movements. Leaving space behind him for wing back.

Deep Lying Forward (Firmino) a hard working guy with his outstanding team work , help in creating chance , pick & hold the ball and clever passes in the counter attack. A very useful roles for counter attacking team.

Shape

z4g877vg.png

Liverpool play attacking & possession based football and press hard to regain possession. Gegenpressing work in narrow so they can press fast as player will be close to each other. Expressive Creativity will slow down the counter attack and Disciplined will not create many chances.

Defence

x9enul9s.png

They use high defensive line with offside trap to press the opponent hard.

Attack

4jkn8gyz.png

They use all type of passing on everywhere in the pitch and crosses early as wide attacker goes inside so he will alone in the flank and shoot at every opportunity even outside the box. They use both Run at Defence and Through Balls according to the situation.

Training Set-up

For Goalkeeper

pl5qr7xk.png

For Center Back

el9xq5ua.png

For Wing Back & B2B Midfielder

qcn5kiwp.png

For DLP , AP & DLF

8qzoywjs.png

For Inside Forward

kfyaa3um.png

Proof

Spoiler

gkc245in.png

???

I know it isn't proof if I see you proofs it will kill your interest and I think you should try this tactics and see how good results are.

And don't hesitate to share your thought in the comment.

Spoiler

eebcwxje.gif

Thank you!?

Id agree that this is largely like his genenpressing tactic for LFC with couple of caveats.

1. When pressing high, Klopp has his DLP playing much higher up the field so he can rebound quickly. So the DLP in this formation is more likely to be playing in the centre mid position.

2. His wingbacks tended to be higher up field as well. However recently he has had the RB playing deeper (where you show him now) with only Moreno playing in the advanced wingback position. 

However i have experimented with something similar to the one shown here and agree that it is highly effective.

Hello 

i did a Tactic very close to this because i am looking to try do a klopp style too.

few questions though 

do klopp play fast tempo ?

early crosses ? ! Or look for overlap ?!

good work and good luck

3 hours ago, phila said:

Id agree that this is largely like his genenpressing tactic for LFC with couple of caveats.

1. When pressing high, Klopp has his DLP playing much higher up the field so he can rebound quickly. So the DLP in this formation is more likely to be playing in the centre mid position.

2. His wingbacks tended to be higher up field as well. However recently he has had the RB playing deeper (where you show him now) with only Moreno playing in the advanced wingback position. 

However i have experimented with something similar to the one shown here and agree that it is highly effective.

Thanks you for sharing with us your thoughts.

DLP pressing not very higher up the pitch because he hold the position to stop the opposition's counter attack in case when ball is lost whereas wing back goes higher up the pitch. So, it is responsibility for DLP to stop opposition's counter attack. 

Klopp changes the roles according to the situations sometimes RB plays as full back so DLP have chance to play much higher up the field when there is much possibility of opposition's counter attacking starts from left flank.

Like in Chelsea match, Hazard start counter attacking so Gomez don't go too muh higher up the pitch than Moreno.

Hope it clear.☺

2 hours ago, Rami said:

Hello 

i did a Tactic very close to this because i am looking to try do a klopp style too.

few questions though 

do klopp play fast tempo ?

early crosses ? ! Or look for overlap ?!

good work and good luck

Klopp used fast tempo in 2016-17 season than this year maybe because of lossing Adam Lallana due to injury (he is very hard working and he superbly fit in Klopp's tactics).

Sometimes Mane & Salah comes to the flanks and look for overlap but in the game it will not perform well because Inside Forward goes inside and wing back will alone in that flank so need someone on that flank to play overlap. Therefore it will be best to cross early.

Hope its clear.☺ 

Thank you!

Safe to say it's fantastic, used Liverpool, won the league with 103 points and 114 goals scored, won Champions league, winning every game from the group stage to the final, unfortunately lost Carabao cup final 2-0 to Man Utd and lost the FA cup semi final to Man City 2-1.

12 hours ago, JohnWeulfoe said:

Thanks you for sharing with us your thoughts.

DLP pressing not very higher up the pitch because he hold the position to stop the opposition's counter attack in case when ball is lost whereas wing back goes higher up the pitch. So, it is responsibility for DLP to stop opposition's counter attack. 

Klopp changes the roles according to the situations sometimes RB plays as full back so DLP have chance to play much higher up the field when there is much possibility of opposition's counter attacking starts from left flank.

Like in Chelsea match, Hazard start counter attacking so Gomez don't go too muh higher up the pitch than Moreno.

Hope it clear.☺

That might be what you are doing (and I think what you are saying is logical), I just dont agree that that is how Klopp does his gegenpressing. Last year when he was doing a full on gegen, he had Hendo playing much higher up - often only 15-20 yards from his forwards. Likewise his FBs. This year he has had the DLP playing deeper (and indeed has experimented with double pivot) and also dropped his RB further back too but that has coincided with him dropping the gegen. In last few weeks, LFC are no longer doing a full court press - I suspect in large part because Lallana is out (who is very good at triggering the press) and the remaining midfielders just dont work well well together. They seem unable to think about how the play is developing and thus covering for each other. Rather they rush blindly at the ball. Considering the players LFC has, I think your formation is much better balanced than Klopp's full on gegen setup. If we had better CBs/GK  (and midfielders who know how to work together) then I would have a another look at his preferred setup.

Now if only FMM would give a score greater than 6 for the DM slot:-)

13 hours ago, Aaron Thornton said:

Safe to say it's fantastic, used Liverpool, won the league with 103 points and 114 goals scored, won Champions league, winning every game from the group stage to the final, unfortunately lost Carabao cup final 2-0 to Man Utd and lost the FA cup semi final to Man City 2-1.

Good to say you win the league and champion league in the first season unfortunately winning the treble make more sense. Hope you enjoyed it.?

10 hours ago, phila said:

That might be what you are doing (and I think what you are saying is logical), I just dont agree that that is how Klopp does his gegenpressing. Last year when he was doing a full on gegen, he had Hendo playing much higher up - often only 15-20 yards from his forwards. Likewise his FBs. This year he has had the DLP playing deeper (and indeed has experimented with double pivot) and also dropped his RB further back too but that has coincided with him dropping the gegen. In last few weeks, LFC are no longer doing a full court press - I suspect in large part because Lallana is out (who is very good at triggering the press) and the remaining midfielders just dont work well well together. They seem unable to think about how the play is developing and thus covering for each other. Rather they rush blindly at the ball. Considering the players LFC has, I think your formation is much better balanced than Klopp's full on gegen setup. If we had better CBs/GK  (and midfielders who know how to work together) then I would have a another look at his preferred setup.

Now if only FMM would give a score greater than 6 for the DM slot:-)

The reasons for playing DLP in DM spot in which one reason is for diamond midfield shape work better than flat midfield shape for effective passing in FMM.☺

Edited by JohnWeulfoe

John very good work mate like you said improvement always exist. I analyse your tactic and I just find it almost perfect. Dlf spend time and stamina to mark at the frontop. Cender back's not help to mutch they don't spread the game so bpd more effective cause you use high pressing. And try to see the result if you like.here the changes you make for me your tactic unbeaten. Cheers mate and thank you for the tactic.Most of the times come results like that!.I start season with Ipswich and I thing Is possible to be in premier league next year.

Screenshot_2017-11-30-14-11-04.png

Screenshot_2017-11-30-14-11-27.png

Screenshot_2017-11-30-14-33-28.png

Edited by magram80k@gmail.com
Forget to put result of game
On 11/30/2017 at 19:55, magram80k@gmail.com said:

John very good work mate like you said improvement always exist. I analyse your tactic and I just find it almost perfect. Dlf spend time and stamina to mark at the frontop. Cender back's not help to mutch they don't spread the game so bpd more effective cause you use high pressing. And try to see the result if you like.here the changes you make for me your tactic unbeaten. Cheers mate and thank you for the tactic.Most of the times come results like that!.I start season with Ipswich and I thing Is possible to be in premier league next year.

Nice to see you tested tactics.

On the reality based, it's not much similar to Liverpool's tactics. However nice to see you edited it as per your playing mentality.?

Thank you for feedback.☺

Edited by JohnWeulfoe
On 11/30/2017 at 15:25, magram80k@gmail.com said:

Can you upload pictures of tactics (shape, defense and attack)