Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic World Cup 2018

FuddledFox

Give me God, that Croatia - England let it be semifinal!! Today evening c'mon Croatia!!!! 😁😁😁😁😎😎😎😎

2 hours ago, samhardy said:

Pickford - 9 MOTM

Walker - 6

Stones - 7

Maguire - 7

Young - 7

Trippier - 7

Henderson - 8

Alli - 5

Lingard - 7

Sterling - 7

Kane - 7

I'd go along with that. 😉

There’s a chap on my Facebook who I used to go to school with who does nothing but slag Sterling off before, during, and after a game. I don’t really know him any more - it’s been a long time since school - and I’m half tempted to end our Facebook friendship in a spectacular fashion.

9 minutes ago, Rob2017 said:

There’s a chap on my Facebook who I used to go to school with who does nothing but slag Sterling off before, during, and after a game. I don’t really know him any more - it’s been a long time since school - and I’m half tempted to end our Facebook friendship in a spectacular fashion.

He’s talking about you @Woody, England teammates in disarray! 😮😮

The day has just started and how many time have I heard "Is football coming home?" already ffs those bloody overconfident Englishmen 😂 

It's f#$cking not!! 😝 

I very wait the Croatia - England match, but I think so, that England is lucky in status, because of croats twice 120 minutes and penaltys them this many enregys. 

4 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Gutted! We have done so well this tournament and far better than I expected but ultimately if you can't score from open play it's going to find you put in the end.

Those first half chances came back to bite you unfortunately, but you should all be proud as you’ve exceeded everyone’s expectations. Let’s just hope the media don’t expect this all the time and pile the pressure on the lads heads as has happened so many times in the past!

Disappointed but not fussed tbf, imo we haven't played well all tournament but we've done enough to get by which stops working when you play proper quality. 

Bottled it simple as that, it'll be billed as a heroic defeat but simply wasn't good enough, tried to sit on the one goal lead when should've put them to the sword. They've been through 3 consecutive extra times and looked like they could play another 90 minutes straight after that. Fair play to them, thoroughly deserved it overall but shouldn't have had the opportunity to. We will never be in a position that good again but if there's anything good to come from it at least the unbearable media show is over.

We played two decent sides and we lost both matches, yeah we rolled over the shit but even then we created little from open play. Did we really over achieve? We all expected last 16 or QF's then when the results went how they did who didn't think the semi's we're more than possible? Maybe I'm being negative but I'm not buying this fake hope. 

Edited by Ashez

I just think they have not done anything from open play, even the Panama game was 2 corners and 2 penalties with one world beating shot from Lingard and a fluke deflection from Kane.  Most of their goals have come from dead ball situations with the odd exception and they never, to me looked that dangerous coming forward

They haven't looked convincing going forward and after a while last night the were all over the shop at the back

They did well getting to the Semi's but not enough and Croatia who were supposed to be tired after their last two games look (as @samhardy said) like they could have gone another 90 minutes

47 minutes ago, samhardy said:

We'd have won that game with Big Sam in charge!

We wouldn't have got that far with Big Sam in charge might not even have qualified.

England's six shots on target from open play (600mins) - Croatia: 0; Sweden: 1; Colombia 0; Belgium 1; Panama 2; Tunisia 2

Saudi Arabia's six shots on target from open play (180mins) - Egypt 5; Uruguay 1; Russia 0

Says it all really. Nowhere near good enough up top. We bottled it big time but again we left players on the pitch because of reputations and not because they deserve to be there. Alli ghosted through the whole tournament! I bet Pickford had more touches of the ball than he did. Kane was clearly not fit yet Southgate left them both on? Need a stronger manager to make bolder selections and subs.

I think only Trippier and Hendo came out of the tournament with their stock raised, maybe harsh not to include Maguire but I just didn't like him defensively. If he was a striker yeah he'd be a world beater but his job is to defend which I don't think he's that good at with the ball on the deck. I'm old fashioned though as I rate defending over tikitaki shit. That's why I like VVD so much as he's a defender first, his passing ability is just a massive bonus. 

Just now, Ashez said:

I think only Trippier and Hendo came out of the tournament with their stock raised

I’d add Pickford to that list too

Who does everyne want to win this afternoon then?

I would like to see Croatia win it as I love an underdog, they have some players I like in Modric, Rakatic and Mandkukic (although I didn't like them very much Wednesday night!) and being English I'm not really going to support the French. 

Saying that's it heart vs head as I want Croatia to win but I think the French will have too much for them and will win it.