Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic World Cup 2018

FuddledFox

1 hour ago, Woody said:

I just think he has no direction...he runs right at players all the time. Unless he has time on the ball he loses all the time.

At Man City the other players are that good he gets time. Id have Rashford everyday.

I have to agree with you on sterling and I would also prefer Rashford although I think he had a knock last week so maybe he isnt 100%.

Im not a fan of young on the left either tbh and I would prefer Rose or Delph out there so that we have a left footer and more balance to the team.

It was still a decent performance I think for the opening game and something we can build on as if we play like that against Panama we should get plenty of chances and goals with some better finishing.

51 minutes ago, danovic78 said:

No need to play three at the back to mark no-one.

That needs to change versus Panama where we will have even less reason to play 3 CB

7 minutes ago, Foxy said:

That needs to change versus Panama where we will have even less reason to play 3 CB

Yes, no really need here. Got to make the pitch big.

I would start Loftus-Cheek. Big and powerful running from midfield, maybe even Vardy to pull their defence around and create space.

56 minutes ago, Foxy said:

I have to agree with you on sterling and I would also prefer Rashford although I think he had a knock last week so maybe he isnt 100%.

Im not a fan of young on the left either tbh and I would prefer Rose or Delph out there so that we have a left footer and more balance to the team.

It was still a decent performance I think for the opening game and something we can build on as if we play like that against Panama we should get plenty of chances and goals with some better finishing.

Id defo play Rose next game...im fine with sticking with 3 at the back but i would push henderson further forward no need for a DM. Go 3 uptop instead maybe Rashford Kane and Vardy and really stretch Panama. 

As for the Tunisia game if we hadn't flapped at shots we would of won by 5 or 6 and we should of had 2 pens. I enjoyed the game even though it was frustrating but not because of the performance which was pleasing.

Interesting so far this WC. The biggest Nations only belgian won convincing games.  I think the germans don't get next in round. The secret favorite possible the Croatia team may and my likeable team also. 

Anyone else slightly concerned about Alli? He's shown if you kick him hard enough he'll disappear and with his temperament he's one player you don't want targeted. 

I'd stay with the back three on Sunday but I'd put Dier in it with him having permission to push forward and just be smart, cover when needed and be in midfield when we're on top. I guess that's slightly risky with the wing backs also pushing up but it's a thought. I think Maguire is a liability but he'll be a weapon in the opposition box and you'd need Walkers pace as cover so I'd drop Stones. 

Push Hendo forward with RL-C, Kane obviously up top which leaves two positions. Alli, Sterling and Lingard all failed to perform yesterday so I'd likely go with Sterling and Rashford/Vardy. Vardy's pace and pressing/pressure could come in handy yet Rashford is likely better in tight situations. 

However I expect no changes and the same XI to start. 

I’d go with the same eleven and ask them if they’d be so kind to carry yesterday’s first twenty minutes all the way through the match.

31 minutes ago, drughi said:

Interesting so far this WC. The biggest Nations only belgian won convincing games.  I think the germans don't get next in round. The secret favorite possible the Croatia team may and my likeable team also. 

Only the first round of matches. I still expect Argentina, Germany, Brazil all to qualify comfortably. Germany are Germany and will have too much for Sweden and South Korea whereas Argentina may get away with a draw against Croatia and a win against Nigeria.

23 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Only the first round of matches. I still expect Argentina, Germany, Brazil all to qualify comfortably. Germany are Germany and will have too much for Sweden and South Korea whereas Argentina may get away with a draw against Croatia and a win against Nigeria.

Löw followed by fault, that don't designate Sané. I understand, that don't befit the he tactics notion, because is one well -tried he method, but Mejico killed it. I think the germans now not will be defending champion. 

1 minute ago, drughi said:

Löw followed by fault, that don't designate Sané. I understand, that don't befit the he tactics notion, because is one well -tried he method, but Mejico killed it. I think the germans now not will be defending champion. 

Yep, I agree they won't win it but still don't see how they don't get out of the group. They looked nervous against Mexico and I wouldn't be surprised if they trounced Sweden.

5 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Yep, I agree they won't win it but still don't see how they don't get out of the group. They looked nervous against Mexico and I wouldn't be surprised if they trounced Sweden.

The germans don't may yet them to make mistake, obligatory the Sweden to beat. But the northeners unlovely opponent. We'll see on Saturday. :)

59 minutes ago, Rob2017 said:

I’d go with the same eleven and ask them if they’d be so kind to carry yesterday’s first twenty minutes all the way through the match.

With you Robo.😉

3 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Honda delivering the goods! Within seconds of coming on the FMM legend does what he does best and claims an assist! @samhardy

I've still not forgiven you @PriZe

HONDA - the power of dreams.

15 minutes ago, Taff said:

He's just off his game a bit tonight, but I'm surprised by the Russians, they've looked half decent

Agreed mate

Looking at today's fixtures I have little interest in them, however the potential for utter carnage is going to keep me glued! 

45 minutes ago, samhardy said:

4 minutes in and Ronaldo has already scored 😂 Surely another hattrick on the cards here against the horrendous Morocco.

Morocco battled ok in the first half although Guedes should have killed the game for Portugal.

8 minutes ago, samhardy said:

This is one of the worst left back performances I've witnessed in ages from Guerriero

I've been thinking all game I'm delighted we never signed him, Dortmund can have him as he's making Moreno look like Roberto Carlos. 

4 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I've been thinking all game I'm delighted we never signed him, Dortmund can have him as he's making Moreno look like Roberto Carlos. 

Could be worse, could be Cuco Martina playing left back! 🙈

2 minutes ago, danovic78 said:

Could be worse, could be Cuco Martina playing left back! 🙈

I'm okay ta, I'm pretty happy having the best LB in the league in Robbo!

19 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

What a terrible performance from Portugal. Geezzz

The portugueses ago two years the EUFA EC neither stuffed the goals, and finally... The entity is three points, the europen football don't just the beautiful games speak. ;)

Edited by drughi

Oh, all other stating about 90s world cup, well I was never there to witness it (being born in 99). However being Indian, Cricket was the first sport interest only later Football to replcae it. So well my first World Cup was 2014 and best memory would be Van Persie's Goal against Spain

I state it as the "Flying Dutch"