Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Playing youngsters

phila

Im investigating a career which involves a youngster. Ive heard that playing them too young can hinder their development and was wondering if anyone knows what this might entail? For example would giving a 16yo a few minutes here and there be an issue? Or should I leave them in reserves until they are older?

41 minutes ago, phila said:

For example would giving a 16yo a few minutes here and there be an issue?

No. 

Consistent substitute minutes or a season-long loan where they actually get game time are the best ways to develop kids.

Just now, veerus said:

No. 

Consistent substitute minutes or a season-long loan where they actually get game time are the best ways to develop kids.

Thanks mate. Im currently giving him about 10 minutes every 2-3 matches. his stats are going up but was worried this would hinder his later development.

I tend to give them at least two full games every month. If it's a long month with cup games and gameweeks with midweek fixtures I will give them the two games along with at least 25 minutes sub action if physically able.