Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Vibe Super Series: A Mini H2H Tournament

samhardy

:O how close is this!!

Well played Fox, amazing to see how evenly devided the goals among your strikers are. 

I finished my season a week ago so I don't remember my exact numbers but I do know it's CLOSE!!! I'm afraid to search thru my screenshots. 

Update tomorrow.. 

7 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Well played Fox, amazing to see how evenly devided the goals among your strikers are

They all really put a shift in for me and it helped not having to many injuries. They are all very similar ability wise so I do wonder if I should have gone for a more stand out striker (like the guy I sold) with 2 less good players.

Your going to keep me waiting then.

Image result for nail biting gif

3 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

I finished my season a week ago so I don't remember my exact numbers but I do know it's CLOSE!!!

He's just underselling it to make everyone feel better.  I bet he gets the highest score.

7 hours ago, veerus said:

He's just underselling it to make everyone feel better.  I bet he gets the highest score.

You know that isn't my style :)

Maybe I could've had the highest score but there's always injuries around the corner and other FMM curveballs to keep viewers on the edge of their seats. 

I'll throw in my update when I have time tonight and I tell you once more, it's CLOSE! :O

Looking forward to seeing what the #1 ranked manager has pulled out, but looking at the predictions I made they've been 1 off with Sam, 2 off with Festivefox and I'm guessing BG got 131 (3 more than my original prediction)

H2H Super Series Final: BatiGoal

Having witnessed an amazing fight to the death between Taff and Samhardy for Bronze it's now time to reveal my score and conclude the Final of this H2H Super Series Vs Fuddledfox ..or as he goes by during this festive period FestiveFox.

FestiveFox scored 123 pts with his Atletico Allies side and it's up to me to take or leave the Gold with my Atletico Axis side. In case you don't remember the rules for this challenge.. an Axis team consists of 1 Italian, 1 German and 1 Japanese player whose combined goals count towards the total score. Also, no Allies players (French, English, American) allowed in the Atletico squad.

Here we go..

Transfers

EZmw3Jd.png

No French allowed so Griezmann among others had to make way and pump some cash into the budget. And in came the Axis players.

German Axis Player

jnBibkA.png

Italian Axis Player

jTvPXs9.png

Japanese Axis Player

hfQzGVe.png

The only pick that was straightforward was Muto. No other player met the criteria I set so he was the first to come in. Then after some careful consideration I completed the trio with Sane and Bernardeschi from the flanks as IFs. Muto being the main striker.

The doubters and criticasters were quickly silenced by this trio's consistent performances..

PiGCiMu.png

pNJtDT8.png

urSgVjZ.png

A confirmation that it clicked well throughout the season with this trio up front.

We didn't get positive results in every single game but the ones we did we certainly entertained the watchful crowd..

October

6jT2zvw.png

Ye45ize.png

Great month with all players getting on the scorsheet.

December

SeARWP3.png

0QJyZsC.png

After a quiet November, Muto produced hat-tricks to up the score in December.

January

dYESoRA.png

Best game in January but the other games were somewhat disappointing.

February

q2Ry5EM.png

WZGZY1B.png

February was one of the best months with all players earning points and getting closer to FestiveFox's 123 pts.

March

G1vgNjb.png

Disaster! We're on approx. 100 pts now and Sane is out for the season. That's half March-April-half May.. at least 10-12 games OUCH!

April

uQ4LKsC.png

As if the players were extra motivated by Sane's loss they annihilated Barca in the CL.. but we're still well behind the needed 123 with 5-6 games left..

May

w5qRzSM.png

At this point we're on exactly 120 pts.. trailing Fox by 3.. losing Sane clearly hurt us.. the team's performance just wasn't up to par but with one last game left + Sane's return could we possibly turn things round vs Benfica?

Final Game

Spoiler

nQknrrw.png

My god, they did. I was fearing the worst but what a comeback the German's made for us. Believe it or not, I had accepted the runners-up medal already as it just felt like one of the seasons that whatever I did it wasn't good enough. But the team really surprised me towards the end.

I took risks by going very offensive as I was desperate for a big big result but going all attack doesn't always pay off. Plenty of times it doesn't but this time it did. So we end on 126.

05B1HAe.png

67+31+28=126 pts.

Ys7FcDB.png

This is what I love so much about these sort of challenges. Apparently I am ranked #1 and Fox #20 but it really doesn't matter all that much in the end. On any day anybody can beat anybody. Only 3 pts seperates us this time but if things had gone a little different Fox would've taken the win. Or Taff if he had made the final. Both @Taff who finished 4th and @samhardy in 3rd scored better in this last round but I've got the Gold. There's definitely a bit of luck involved too when you're up against managers of this calibre so I'm thankful I got the win in the end - I'll make sure to enjoy this in the coming days :) -but I also know very well that I can take nothing for granted with these sort of HsH's. Next time things will take a different turn I'm sure. Thanks for a very exciting final @FestiveFox and hope you get your deserving re-match, whenever and wherever that may be (y)

Thanks for reading everyone. Hope you enjoyed this H2H Series and hope it's inspired some of you to organize a few of these among yourselves. Cheers and see you next time!

52 minutes ago, FestiveFox said:

Congratulations Bati that was much much closer than I expected. That lose to Sevilla in the champions league killed my chances in the end as I missed out on at least 2 extra games maybe 3.

It was indeed. Thanks.

Your Cup loss, my injury..it's all very close, on a better day we would both hit well above 130. It's the unpredictability that keeps us hooked everytime.

Congrats BG a very very close final and I’m sure like me @samhardy is kicking himself for not making the final, but congrats to the medal places

hope the rest of Vibe enjoyed this mini H2H tournament organised by Sam and as Bati said hope more people get involved and organise some others in the future 

Thanks guys. The plan was to hit 70-80 with the striker and get another 30 each from both IFs. Muto was good but apparently not an 80gls man, Bernardeschi struggled to find form early on but ended decent but still short of 30. And Sané did hit 30 but could have had more with games he missed.

Hope we see more H2Hs posted here.

Edited by BatiGoal
12 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Thanks. Not the best of seasons but good enough for the win on the day. It does make me Vibe World Champion, doesn't it? :D

Modesty isn't your thing anymore?