Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Vibe Super Series: A Mini H2H Tournament

samhardy

Vibe Super Series - A Mini H2H Tournament

Hello and welcome to a short adventure that will see 3 of the finest managers on this site, and a fox, go head to head in a couple of season long battles to see who is starting off the FMM18 year with a bang.

This particular event involves champions of the Challenge Cup and Vibe Olympics in 2017 in myself and Taff respectively, a certain Fantastic Mr Fox, perennial failure BatiGoal and PriZe. However, the only existing panda on this site appears to have gone into hibernation so has been replaced by the fox... :(

1405625060_clumsy_panda_falls_off_a_tree

The format of this will simply be two semi finals followed by a final and 3rd/4th place playoff, and all match-ups will last a season which should be reasonably enough time for Taff to bottle it.

S/F

BatiGoal v samhardy

PriZe FuddledFox v Taff

First Challenge

2908357_large-lnd.jpg&key=4585dadf44c808

It's the 2018 World Cup in Russia that inspires the two semifinals.

We will be taking over Italian giants Juventus and immediately demoting/selling every single player in the squad. After that, we will be using the money available to refill the squad, however the squad must be filled with players with a unique nationality from a country competing at the World Cup.

Only one player from each WC nation can be in the squad and players from countries not at the WC are not allowed.

The winning criteria is simple: Whoever wins the most games in all competitions over the course of the season will progress to the final.

170115_logoprimario_rgb-323x500.jpg&key=

Updates will be coming in whenever we finish our respective seasons. So, who is going to come out victorious in the semis? Who will grab the tournament victory? And will PriZe come out of hibernation any time soon?

This sounds ace! 

Btw you should totally post this challenge as it's own challenge, it's simple yet brilliant! I'm sure it could be tweaked for all the major ITN tournaments too :D 

Right then now the word is out I can apologise for killing the Panda, but now I’ll take down the Fox

the other two were scared to take me on so I’ll see one of you in the final

Spoiler

But on a serious note cracking idea from Sam this ranking system that I hope will get everyone competing and fighting it out

and a great challenge to start things off

You take on the Taff your arse gonna get Burned

5 minutes ago, Taff said:

Right then now the word is out I can apologise for killing the Panda, but now I’ll take down the Fox

the other two were scared to take me on so I’ll see one of you in the final

Reveal hidden contents

But on a serious note cracking idea from Sam this ranking system that I hope will get everyone competing and fighting it out

and a great challenge to start things off

You take on the Taff your arse gonna get Burned

Image result for dead bunny gif

On 04/12/2017 at 20:43, samhardy said:

We will be taking over Italian giants Juventus and immediately demoting/selling every single player in the squad. Only one player from each WC nation can be in the squad and players from countries not at the WC are not allowed.

The winning criteria is simple: Whoever wins the most games in all competitions over the course of the season will progress to the final.

Welcome to Vibe Super Series: A Mini H2H Tournament.

Looks like I'm the first one to complete my challenge so as I post my results this tournament gets officially underway. Rules are clear as stated in above's quote as are the objectives. With that in mind let's see how I did with my Juventus World Cup Squad.

World Cup Nations

5a7TENQ.png

A reminder of which nations I can and can't select from. This was actually a very very time-consuming part of my journey. Some of you have probably done complete squad rebuild challenges before so you know it makes for very lenghty pre-seasons. Even more so when we're only allowed 1 player per nation and we have only a few weeks before season's kick-off so time is of the essence. Managing Juventus I was also under the impression that I'd be able to sign every player on my shortlist with relative ease but to my surprise this proved really tricky. Players such as Eriksen for ex. refused to join due to wage demands. If this Dane says no I'm going for K.Schmeichel as my GK, no again..OK Shaqiri then? Yes, signed a Dane..but he's a winger, I wanted a GK, anyway.. Next up striker Rashford refused, so I settled with Barkley for an AMC spot.. what nationality should my striker be then?.. all these hiccups cause painful domino effects where one is constantly tinkering with nationalities and positions on the pitch much different than the original shortlist read. Headaches later I got myself a pretty good squad for this challenge.

Transfers in and out

Spoiler

57ODkO0.png

wYcKONg.png

6BiXIxG.png

nM8BUia.png

Of course selling players like Dybala for a measly 93M is a disgrace, but we're working with a time limit. So I upped the price once and sold him straight. The alternative, not selling him and missing out on nearly 100M for squad rebuild would be disastrous and put a massive dent in my challenge. Besides, an extra 10-20M for him wouldn't have made a great difference afterall.

Juventus World Cup Squad

Group A

• Russia - Mário Fernandes (RB) #2
  • Uruguay - Gastón Ramirez (AMC) #18

Group B

• Portugal - Raphaël Guerreiro (LB) #3
  • Morocco - Hakim Ziyech (AMC) #10
  • Spain - Iñaki Williams (AML) #11

Group C

• France - Florian Thauvin (AMR) #17
  • Australia - Mathew Leckie (AML) #21
  • Denmark - Frederik Sørensen (CB) #15

Group D

• Croatia - Domagoj Vida (RB) #12
  • Nigeria - Wilfred Ndidi (CM) #14
  • Argentina - Luciano Vietto (ST) #20

Group E

• Serbia - Matija Nastasic (CB) #6
  • Brazil - Luiz Gustavo (CM) #4
  • Switzerland - Xherdan Shaqiri (AMR) #7

Group F

• Germany - Sven Bender (CB) #5
  • Sweden - John Guidetti (ST) #9
  • South Korea - Joo-Ho Park (LB) #13

Group G

• Belgium - Simon Mignolet (GK) #1
  • England - Ross Barkley (AMC) #8

Group H

• Poland - Lukasz Skorupski (GK) #22
  • Senegal - Lamine Sané (CB) #16
  • Colombia - Jhon Córdoba (ST) #19

# shirt numbers - starters / subs

I'm quite happy with these players tbh and pretty confident too going in to the challenge proper. Shirt numbers yes, makes no difference I know but thought it looked nice and adds to MY realism of the game :) Let's start the season already!

Formation - Tactics

NBOumcV.png

Decent depth as it looks so I did something right. I'm going with a 4-1-4-1 (The Classic Batigoals one). Lots of opportunities to switch to alternative formations if needed or to cover for injuries, suspensions etc.

Pre-Season Friendlies

0bD50Kc.png

Playing with an incomplete squad these results don't mean much tbh. Nice to win all friendlies but only got all my WC players in days before the first competitive game mid-August.

August

c9k3CiL.png

Perfect start. 3 wins. Couldn't have asked for a better start to the challenge from the boys.

September

EyNriqu.png

Perfect month once again. This is proving to be a fantastic squad I managed to assemble. I'm delighted. Love the 8-0 trashing too.

October

UkC8bkq.png

Perfect again! I was confident going into this but not quite expected such a sweet run till this point.

November

UPKPZLS.png

First point loss but still doing really good with 4 wins. Let's see what happened in the Barcelona game:

Spoiler

ORIxK3H.png

It looks odd seeing a single Barca scorer but this happened at the exact same moment I subbed my players, so I think switching to tactics page back and forth caused the scorer to go "missing". I played a better game but swallowed a late goal. Those things happen. Sometimes it's me winning by late goals so I'm not complaining.

December

y7uPd2Z.png

A shame starting the month with a draw. But another 4 wins makes up for it, somewhat. The second draw is interesting actually, but lets see the first one:

Spoiler

nFDe9Dw.png

Conceded a late goal again. Well, I wasn't the better side tbh so I'm ok with this result I suppose.

Second draw:

Spoiler

tVtvYHZ.png

Inter again. My nemesis this season? Certainly looks like it not being able to beat them over 90min once again. But the interesting part is this: it's a win by penalties.. but it's obviously stated as a win on the manager page. Feels like a very dirty win tbh, but again I take it. My direct competitor Samhardy has the same (dis)advantage I have so doesn't matter in the end. But I like this win :)

January

N1wXz2c.png

Perfect. No dropping points this time. Looking really good on my manager page so far. Raking up those wins.

February

jCezB1a.png

Perfect. Man, I gotta give credit to this squad..and the tactics perhaps. Really quality players I must admit. Good wins to by comprehensive scorelines.

March

qA0HvWC.png

Perfect once again. Surely Sam must be feeling the pressure by now if he hadn't already. I think he's going to need to deliver big time to beat me in this challenge.

April

uQlcmVY.png

Toughest month yet for my squad with very little time to rest in between games but they performed fantastically well giving me 8 wins. Thrilled at this point. I was worried about the last game Vs Inter that proved a hard team to beat this season in the two earlier encounters but an early 3-0 lead was enough to seal the win, despite their late comeback.

May

zBKVAib.png

Another 4..wait..5 wins? hmm an odd one as the draw in the 2nd leg vs Man Utd means a win over 2 legs. Another dirty win? :) A closer look:

Spoiler

bplRFjU.png

A bit of a scare going 2-0 down but we recovered in time. And this means that this actual draw turned into a win on my manager page. I guess it's counted as a win over 2 legs, an aggregate win, eventho I won and drew. Can't get dirty enough lol but again, same (dis)advantage for my competitor.

And my only loss this season. A shame as I came close to an invincible run with this Juventus World Cup squad. Great run tho with a near perfect score in the league so I'm very satisfied with the results. Let's see what my only loss looks like:

Spoiler

4F0CipJ.png

We had sealed the league by this point so maybe my players couldn't be bothered. Too many players out of form or with their heads already at the CL final vs City. Not sure but we were outplayed by a mile so can't argue with the score.

Serie A Final League Table

NaHb7wI.png

Almost perfect. A draw vs Inter and a loss to the other Milan team AC. I'm very happy with 36 wins tho. Beatable but I'll take this anyday.

The Squad

dzpaqOG.png

The appearances of my lads after a wonderful season in Italy. You can see I had my regular eleven on paper with a few subs for cover, rest, etc. I'm proud of these boys, They all deserve a long holiday.

My points

f1lxvup.png

So that's a decent score with 54 wins = 54 points :D am I confident this is enough to bring me to the final? Yes and No. Yes, it's a solid score but we're talking about @samhardy here. He's a warrior and he's very very hard to beat so I know there's a storm coming at me when I face him. Wish him luck tho and may the best manager on the day win!

This concludes my update and it's over to the next semi-finalist to bring their score out. Thanks a bunch for reading everyone. It's been a slightly lengthier update than I'm used to but since the challenge lasts only 1 season I thought it's be the best way. Thanks and cheers!

S/F

BatiGoal 54 v samhardy

FuddledFox v Taff

Edited by BatiGoal

Thanks guys. I did my best and would've signed for another score like this so it's in the hands of the FMM Gods at this point. 

Can't watch.. 

H2H UPDATE:TAFF

So here it is folks, my update for this H2H mini tournament, and after seeing @BatiGoals score, lets just say I'm glad I'm not up against him this round.

I'm going to start with telling you all just how dumb I am, as I made a huge error during this challenge....

I was into March when I decided (for the first time) to see how my guys were doing at INT level, and thats when I noticed two of my players playing for Sweden, I thought WTF and checked into it, but I had indeed signed two Swedish players.  

I signed Kristoffer Nordfeldt from Swansea to be my backup GK (after convincing myself he was Icelandic), then in the January window I purchased Robin Quaison to play as an AP.

Now I was panicked, but I talked it over with my fellow competitors and @PriZe via PM and showed them the info, and the fact that Nordfeldt had not played a single game, and they told me (very graciously I might add) to carry on as Nordfeldt had provided no impact on the save.  Below is a screen shot from the end of March showing Nordfeldt history.

Spoiler

IMG_6458.thumb.PNG.2508860a84197c55c54a359213fe1479.PNG

Once I noticed the issue, I demoted Nordfeldt and brought in a free agent Moroccan GK instead

Here's a screen shot from the end of the season to prove Nordfeldt played no part in the season

Spoiler

5a28ddaf90ffc_IMG_64911.thumb.PNG.442182086dd8e2d8e4b31eb85d035cc1.PNG

Right so with that out of the way, lets crack on and show you how I did with My attempt

Transfers

Here's the full list of My Transfers

Spoiler

IMG_6463.thumb.PNG.7c994653d5241030ff7e4cbfede9bfec.PNGIMG_6464.thumb.PNG.93102a166aa7f9f7c330bc6c145f10b3.PNGIMG_6466.thumb.PNG.a0aca10ca02e19d91f002834066d0e66.PNG

So coming in we had two HUGE signings in the form of Kante and Jesus, here's how the rest lined up with the World Cup

Group A

Russia: None

Saudi Arabia: None

Egypt: Mohamed Eleny (CM)

Uruguay: Gaston Ramirez (AM)

Group B

Portugal: Adrian Silva (CM)

Spain: Pedro Obiang (CM)

Morocco: Khalid Askri (GK)

Iran: None

Group C

France: N'Golo Kante (CM)

Australia: None

Peru: None

Denmark: Pione Sisto (RW)

Group D

Argentina: Geronimo Rulli (GK)

Iceland: None (thought it was Nordfeldt)

Croatia: Sime Vrsaljko (RB)

Nigeria: Alex Iwobi (LW)

Group E

Brazil: Gabriel Jesus (ST)

Switzerland: Ricardo Rodriguez (LB)

Costa Rica: Giancarlo Gonzalez (CD)

Serbia: Alexsandar Mitrovic (ST)

Group F

Germany: Benjamin Henrichs (RB)

Mexico: None

Sweden: Robin Quaison (and Nordfeldt) (AM)

Korea Republic: Joo-Ho Park (LB)

Group G

Belgium: Leander Dendocker (CD)

Panama: None

Tunisia: None

England: Michail Antonio (RW)

Group H

Poland: Kamil Gilk (CD)

Senegal: Kalidou Koulibaly (CD)

Columbia: Jhon Cordoba (ST)

Japan: Yoshinori Muto (ST)

So only 23 out of the 32 countries were used, but we did well with the squad we had, the three most impressive players for me were Japans Yoshinori Muto, Englands Michail Antonio and Belgium's Leander Dendoncker all of whom played very very well when called upon.

Here's my Outgoing Transfers

Spoiler

IMG_6467.thumb.PNG.727c595123167487ba2c56bb0c8ff516.PNGIMG_6468.thumb.PNG.0ecfeb6e61252e7d28b04bc9c898e930.PNGIMG_6469.thumb.PNG.58aa4ab189c20cb2823390a054bff274.PNG

As you can see made some good profit here and there, Shame to sell Dybala for less than £100M but time is of the essence)

So the squads sorted let's have a look at how we did

IMG_6459.thumb.PNG.720a353c4deaa9ac106c119485bd4d24.PNGIMG_6460.thumb.PNG.610ff31f8ec96623baef382fa1603c14.PNG

We won the league with 5 games remaining, but too many draws early on might hamper my bid to reach the final

5a28ecf565091_IMG_64921.thumb.PNG.9920078543f67093c964396da975cf50.PNG

We won four of the remaining 5 games, drawing the other, but a good season all around

IMG_6461.thumb.PNG.76c4594ec837d616923c46c996ef26f2.PNG

We also won the Italian Cup thanks to an 84th minute penalty, (which jesus missed but tucked in the rebound)

IMG_6462.thumb.PNG.2d1681e066d7ed0a75fb80fd8232083c.PNG

And the Champions League was also ours thanks again to an 84th minute goal (spooky)

Here is my final Managers Profile

IMG_6470.thumb.PNG.ac0ae7fdadd30833cca25308160b1718.PNG

So 48 wins gives me 48 Points, so not enough to beat @BatiGoal, but I'm up against @FuddledFox, so hopefully those early draws don't hurt me too much

Here's the Fixtures

Spoiler

Fixtures

IMG_6471.thumb.PNG.91a3e842b157e4224d15f73532be7b77.PNGIMG_6472.thumb.PNG.01366d2ee57c3ab56f96dfa0651548e2.PNGIMG_6473.thumb.PNG.805e54e6e507c5abf9c5d75efbc0722b.PNGIMG_6474.thumb.PNG.f0b2674734a635e50868e4b0c038dfd3.PNGIMG_6475.thumb.PNG.3768ca7bffb9cdfd800aacd2e2dd6310.PNGIMG_6476.thumb.PNG.1140f4bf602f9371676717621609a101.PNGIMG_6477.thumb.PNG.da04df1e06685e32946beef4ec5589e5.PNG

And Finally here's the Team Stats if anyone wants to see them

Spoiler

Goals

IMG_6495.thumb.PNG.f617e0ce846be694e70ff17ccc90d9ea.PNG

Assists

IMG_6496.thumb.PNG.393b1bd1ceed755a2ad58774d0742025.PNG

Average Ratings

IMG_6497.thumb.PNG.ba03af5de4bdd0bd141b7d70ac32d86d.PNG

Apperances

IMG_6498.thumb.PNG.a305e4678134b3d85c8ef96f276c131b.PNGIMG_6499.thumb.PNG.e278806204e7983995a927cca93bd14b.PNG

So thats it, nothing to do now but wait and hope Foxy has a bad run of form that sees me into the Final

Cheers for reading and look forward to seeing how @FuddledFox and @samhardy do 

1 hour ago, Taff said:

Now I was panicked, but I talked it over with my fellow competitors and @PriZe via PM and showed them the info, and the fact that Nordfeldt had not played a single game, and they told me (very graciously I might add) to carry on as Nordfeldt had provided no impact on the save.  Below is a screen shot from the end of March showing Nordfeldt history.

I may still ask for a stewards inquiry if I don't beat you:P

Great score mate and one I will do well to beat. I'm now going to make you sweat for a few days until I post my score?

I see you got yourself a "dirty" win too Vs Sampdoria in the Cup. Those are nice, aren't they? :) still a good amount of wins. 

Differences aren't that big tbh and I'm wondering what the decider is in case of a tie. First poster maybe or alphabetical order? Either one suits me. 

14 minutes ago, PriZe said:

Nice one @Taff! Although i have a lot of confidence in @FuddledFox, i think it's time to see you in the final! So go go go!

13 minutes ago, Taff said:

Cheers Prize I think it's time I reached a final as well, so don't F**K me up Foxy

I'm doing my best and you will both have to wait and see?

My season is all finishef but I won't be able to post my results until tonight.

So I'm giving you all approximately 12 hours to get your predictions in on how you think I have done. @Taff your just going to have to keep biting your nails a bit longer before you know if you are in the final.

1 minute ago, FuddledFox said:

My season is all finishef but I won't be able to post my results until tonight.

So I'm giving you all approximately 12 hours to get your predictions in on how you think I have done. @Taff your just going to have to keep biting your nails a bit longer before you know if you are in the final.

Dude, if you'd shown me a career worth worrying about I might panic ;)

15 minutes ago, Taff said:

Dude, if you'd shown me a career worth worrying about I might panic ;)

Harsh but fair.

5 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Do I receive Vibe Ranking Points for quick completion? 

Do you get extra points from Betty for a quick completion??