Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges Phil The Power Taylor challenge

samhardy

darts-ladbrokes-com-world-darts-champion

Phil "The Power" Taylor challenge

The most successful British sportsman of all time, the curtain will finally be drawn on Taylor's staggering career in just a few weeks time as he will retire from darts after the upcoming World Championship. He has won a staggering 185 titles over his 27 year career, working out as just under 7 titles a year. These titles include 16 World Championships, 16 World Matchplay titles and 11 Grands Prix.

He was born in Stoke-On-Trent, England and supports his local team Port Vale F.C.

Stage One - Take charge of Port Vale in League 2, to mark where Taylor's journey began.

BadgePort_Vale.png&key=bcf88016683343b47

• Here you must take Vale to the Premier League by winning three successive titles. You must win the L2, L1 + Championship titles otherwise you will immediately fail.
  • After you get to the Premier League, your task is to win 4 major trophies* before you move on.

Stage Two - Gain a job at a club based in Essex, England. 11 of Taylor's 16 world titles were won at the Circus Tavern in Essex. In game, these clubs include Colchester United, Southend United, and much lower down the pyramid Braintree Town, Chelmsford City, Concord Rangers and East Thurrock United.

• At one of these clubs you are required to win 4 major trophies before you move on, to count towards the 16 world titles he has won.

Stage Three - Get the job at Wolverhampton Wanderers. Taylor has won 6 titles at the Grand Slam of Darts at the Civic Hall, Wolverhampton.

BadgeWolverhampton_Wanderers.png&key=44c

• Once again you must win 4 major trophies with this club, however you must do so by only signing players of nationalities that Taylor has beaten in World Championship finals.
  • These nations are England, Canada, Holland + Australia.
  • You must also be ranked in the top 3 of the Hall of Fame in your manager profile before you move on to the final stage, with the eventual aim of becoming number one.

Stage Four - End your career at Blackpool. Taylor's favourite tournament, the World Matchplay which he has won 16 times and is his most recent success, takes place at the Winter Gardens.

BadgeBlackpool.png&key=054ca67cd4946fa01

• Complete the sweet 16 by winning 4 more major titles here at Blackpool. With your time at this club, your transfer policy is restricted to purchasing only English players, the most common nationality of defeated players by The Power.
  • Once you have won 4 major trophies at Blackpool, you must become the number 1 ranked manager in the Hall of Fame, if you aren't already. Once this is achieved, then the challenge is complete!

*BONUS STAGE* 

Win 4 major tournaments with England. Taylor has been involved in all 4 of England's World Cup of Darts wins, with fellow Stokie Adrian Lewis.

Rules:

• Own tactics only
  • No use of the editors, myclub or anything of the sort
  • SI approved databases only
  • No cheating or reloading.
  • Photo evidence will be required, a career thread is recommended
  • No unlockables unless earned on this save.

*Major trophies are listed below

• Premier League
  • FA Cup
  • League Cup
  • Champions League
  • Europa League
  • Club World Championship.

Leaderboard:

28 minutes ago, danovic78 said:

Very tough...I actually played an exhibition game against Phil Taylor once........I lost! :'(

Shall add it to the Challenge Index now.

That's brilliant! When was that and how close was the game? :P

1 hour ago, samhardy said:

That's brilliant! When was that and how close was the game? :P

It must be about 15 years ago, I think he started on 1,001 and me on 501 and still beat me!  :O

Fantastic and creative challenge :D 

I saw him play once in Stoke and Robbie William's Dad sung happy birthday to my sister haha. 

1 hour ago, PriZe said:

Darts.... 

As I Dutchman I recommend you think carefully, it's the only bloody sport you're good at :P

7 hours ago, Ashez said:

Fantastic and creative challenge :D 

I saw him play once in Stoke and Robbie William's Dad sung happy birthday to my sister haha. 

I've always been confused by Phil and Robbie Williams' friendship haha. He mentions him in loads of interviews!

5 hours ago, PriZe said:

Hockey, F1, Ice skating, Sprint... etc etc

You can't class having one good F1 driver as the country being good at the sport! Please don't include Jos as I'm pretty certain he never even won a race :P

Just now, samhardy said:

You can't class having one good F1 driver as the country being good at the sport! Please don't include Jos as I'm pretty certain he never even won a race :P

Jos was more of a rallydriver based on the amount of time he spent outside of the track:laugh: