Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Reputation problem

This didn't happen with me but with a friend of mine.

He started with Bournemouth, and somehow won the league in the first year. But in the second season, he got sacked in the middle of the season when he was on the 10 place (Ranieri style). So here's the problem. The only club in 2 years who tried to sign him was Arouca, a portuguese second league club. Not Middlesbrough, not Maritimo, not any team on the middle-low end of the leagues he selected. Just a second league team. 

This is unrealistic and just a shame. His reputation is regional, and I kinda understand that, but a club like Middlesbrough should accept a "regional reputation" manager who was champion of England.

This needs to be fixed.

6 hours ago, KennyMiller27 said:

Being fair,  Boro aren't really a "regional" club so to speak. While I do agree that sounds odd, did he really try other jobs? 

Yes. He applied to every club possible

I was going to ask a related question in a new thereafter, but I’ll roll it in to this one.

Are there thresholds at which your reputation increases? I.e. if you reach a certain amount of points does it go up? Or do you need win cups/promotions/etc?

Similar to OPs story, in my save I got Villa promoted in season 1, then into the Europa League in season 2. Our of curiosity I resigned then started applying for jobs. At best I would get League 2 teams offering me a role. My reputation at this point was Regional. 

Just now, Meestercat said:

I was going to ask a related question in a new thereafter, but I’ll roll it in to this one.

Are there thresholds at which your reputation increases? I.e. if you reach a certain amount of points does it go up? Or do you need win cups/promotions/etc?

Similar to OPs story, in my save I got Villa promoted in season 1, then into the Europa League in season 2. Our of curiosity I resigned then started applying for jobs. At best I would get League 2 teams offering me a role. My reputation at this point was Regional. 

Would be realistic if, let's say, Everton, offered you a job.

The reputation system needs to change, quick. It was what I wanted more in this new FMM, and it seems it's still the same.

1 hour ago, Meestercat said:

I believe you do get points for league championships/promotions/cup wins/giant killings on a scaling basis relative to the club you're using

7 hours ago, bestmanager99 said:

Yes. He applied to every club possible

That does sound odd. My case so far - started at zero rep with AFC Telford, received job offers from Barnet, Tranmere Rovers, Lincoln City and Coventry after 1 3/4 seasons and jumping up to a high-Local rep manager

18 minutes ago, KennyMiller27 said:

That does sound odd. My case so far - started at zero rep with AFC Telford, received job offers from Barnet, Tranmere Rovers, Lincoln City and Coventry after 1 3/4 seasons and jumping up to a high-Local rep manager

In such small leagues it must be easier

Yeah, this happens every time. You can't do a good season with a small team and jump to a middle team.

Here in Portugal it's "normal" for a manager in the first league to start in a not-european club, do a great season, jump to a Europa League club, and then finnaly to a big portuguese club. For example, Rio Ave - Braga - Benfica. At FMM it's impossible to do that (in the PC game it's possible) and I would love to do it. 

23 minutes ago, KennyMiller27 said:

I believe you do get points for league championships/promotions/cup wins/giant killings on a scaling basis relative to the club you're using

They need to change that. There are more things that should improve reputation.

Edited by bestmanager99

Just my two cents: I learnt from here that nationality may also affect the number and quality of the job offers. Could anyone from the SI dev team can clarify?

12 minutes ago, johnloch said:

Just my two cents: I learnt from here that nationality may also affect the number and quality of the job offers. Could anyone from the SI dev team can clarify?

Yes, this is the case, but the effect was toned down a lot in 9.0.4

12 minutes ago, johnloch said:

I've heard this too and from my experience more reputable clubs are more likely to hire you if you're French than if you're say... Albanian.

16 hours ago, Erreh said:

I've heard this too and from my experience more reputable clubs are more likely to hire you if you're French than if you're say... Albanian.

So basically the game is racist?

On 19/12/2017 at 01:48, Alari said:

Yes, this is the case, but the effect was toned down a lot in 9.0.4

Thank you @Alari. For the answer and for the fix. But could tell us how the reputation system works? We all think we know but it's always better to hear for someone who really knows. Thanks in advance

On 19/12/2017 at 18:16, Fish18ish said:

So basically the game is racist?

No, that's not the case. You have an advantage being hired in the country of your nationality unless you have already built up a reputation elsewhere (much as in real life). If you are not local to a league, it doesn't matter much where you are from.

2 hours ago, bestmanager99 said:

Thank you @Alari. For the answer and for the fix. But could tell us how the reputation system works? We all think we know but it's always better to hear for someone who really knows. Thanks in advance

I don't want to describe all of the under-the-hood systems in detail cause frankly that takes away from the fun, and the more you try to mechanically exploit systems the less realistic the game becomes as you have ideas in your head as to what 'should' work. My comment above should represent this quite accurately though.

11 hours ago, Alari said:

I don't want to describe all of the under-the-hood systems in detail cause frankly that takes away from the fun, and the more you try to mechanically exploit systems the less realistic the game becomes as you have ideas in your head as to what 'should' work. My comment above should represent this quite accurately though.

@Alari i'm sorry, what's not fun and unrealistic is my friend being champion with Bournemouth, with portuguese nationality, and not even lower/medium tier portuguese teams like Rio Ave and Marítimo wanting him. I get your response but this is a big problem.

On 21/12/2017 at 14:53, bestmanager99 said:

@Alari i'm sorry, what's not fun and unrealistic is my friend being champion with Bournemouth, with portuguese nationality, and not even lower/medium tier portuguese teams like Rio Ave and Marítimo wanting him. I get your response but this is a big problem.

If that's the case on most recent update, it would be a bug if he is actually applying to them (if he's not applying, then they won't consider him due to feeling he is out of reach). Would like a save for this if possible.

On 04/01/2018 at 02:38, Alari said:

If that's the case on most recent update, it would be a bug if he is actually applying to them (if he's not applying, then they won't consider him due to feeling he is out of reach). Would like a save for this if possible.

@Alari He applied to every team possible, and his reputation was still regional, btw. It was in the anterior update, I belive. I can ask him, but he went to Arouca (poruguese second league) and start building his reputation. He got great league resultus for Arouca (two fourth places, one seventh, one second) and even some cup or league cup wins, until he was finally champion (in the sixth season at the club9. Only after that, with continental reputation, FC Porto wanted him. The other clubs that wanted him were Stoke and some 3rd tier Portuguese and English sides. Once again, very unrealistic.

Edited by bestmanager99
On 21/01/2018 at 03:46, bestmanager99 said:

@Alari this problem still stands... please help us.

If your friend can get us a save with Arouca that shows this, we would be happy to have a closer look. I suspect as the Portuguese league isn't viewed as a big deal in game it's not boosting his reputation as much as it should but we would need to examine more closely to work out the best fix.

Yeah, definitely something is wrong. I started a unemployed save and got a job in Boston Utd. Then I got stuck at that club because no one wanted me except smaller clubs. Won the league every year until I reached premier league. When I was in championship I applied for a job in West Brom, they were also in championship. But they choose an unknown Welsh manager. When I won L1 I got 2 offers from 2 clubs fighting for relegation, both in L1 too.  Doesn't seems right. 

@Alari

Wonder if your nationality effects the national team jobs also not just clubs ?? 

Does this mean it’s pointless to use non European nationality for top European Leagues???

Has there been any thought to add clubs reputation to their info page ?? So based on history , League etc we can see if the club is as high or low as we think they would be vs the FMM world ?? 

On 30/01/2018 at 00:17, Alari said:

If your friend can get us a save with Arouca that shows this, we would be happy to have a closer look. I suspect as the Portuguese league isn't viewed as a big deal in game it's not boosting his reputation as much as it should but we would need to examine more closely to work out the best fix.

Ok, i will send you a PM with that. He continued his career with them and he got to continental reputation with Arouca and NOW FC Porto wants him, but it would be a downgrade to him. So, to us, it has happened in England and Portugal both, in Portugal multiple times. It takes some fun away from the game...

And thank you @Alari

On 30/01/2018 at 10:29, zaangie said:

Yeah, definitely something is wrong. I started a unemployed save and got a job in Boston Utd. Then I got stuck at that club because no one wanted me except smaller clubs. Won the league every year until I reached premier league. When I was in championship I applied for a job in West Brom, they were also in championship. But they choose an unknown Welsh manager. When I won L1 I got 2 offers from 2 clubs fighting for relegation, both in L1 too.  Doesn't seems right. 

Yes, that sucks. It's totally unrealistic.

On 1/30/2018 at 05:29, zaangie said:

Same here started unemployed and unknown only offer I got was towards end of season from Solihull Moors and I took it even though they were in relegation zone and I wound up getting relegated to VNS . So I finally get a full year to setup my squad and went on to win VNN, VNL, L2, finished 3rd but won playoffs in L1 , Championship, along with winning English FA Trophy and Checkatrade Trophy. So 5 straight promotions , 4x league Wins, 2x Cups , but all along the way I applied to higher clubs in England, France, Italy and Spain and got zero jobs from the top 2 divisions of each country.

now I’m in the EPL and just feels odd if I leave now unless it’s for a top club in Spain or Italy 1st division. I wanted to leave club n get a real life manager experience as they hardly stay with one club on the way to the top . All that applying to other open jobs was dropping my Loyalty rating to 1-2 range ... 

855A59FA-604D-4AFA-BA62-BC91770481D5.thumb.png.dff983ca1fbf00961e623a9509aa97ae.png

F7BD70A8-9F4E-4CE3-9682-6A7B04006E8D.thumb.png.53eda408a062b7084508a20882d63426.png

1 hour ago, DIRECTFX said:

Same here started unemployed and unknown only offer I got was towards end of season from Solihull Moors and I took it even though they were in relegation zone and I wound up getting relegated to VNS . So I finally get a full year to setup my squad and went on to win VNN, VNL, L2, finished 3rd but won playoffs in L1 , Championship, along with winning English FA Trophy and Checkatrade Trophy. So 5 straight promotions , 4x league Wins, 2x Cups , but all along the way I applied to higher clubs in England, France, Italy and Spain and got zero jobs from the top 2 divisions of each country.

now I’m in the EPL and just feels odd if I leave now unless it’s for a top club in Spain or Italy 1st division. I wanted to leave club n get a real life manager experience as they hardly stay with one club on the way to the top . All that applying to other open jobs was dropping my Loyalty rating to 1-2 range ... 

855A59FA-604D-4AFA-BA62-BC91770481D5.thumb.png.dff983ca1fbf00961e623a9509aa97ae.png

F7BD70A8-9F4E-4CE3-9682-6A7B04006E8D.thumb.png.53eda408a062b7084508a20882d63426.png

Had the same idea for a career but hit with the same problem.

Started in Italian Serie C as with reputation unknown and although I've not quite had the same success as you, I've taken Reggiana to Europe within 6 seasons which surely you'd think wouldn't go unnoticed nationally in real life??

Despite applying for jobs at similarly or worse positioned clubs on the way up, I'm still yet to receive a job offer from anyone in my whole save which just doesn't seem right. The most frustrating thing is AI managers seem to have an unbreakable reputation and will get jobs whether they've been successful or not, so you will often see the same manager go into a job, do poorly, get sacked but then still manage to get a job at the same level and the cycle begins again. Surely clubs would prefer to appoint someone who has had more recent success??

Thought it would have been a really good challenge moving from club to club but it's just not possible in this game as it stands. My loyalty rating is also a 2 which I worry may be affecting my chances at getting other jobs, but I've been with the same club for 7 seasons now which is way more than can be said for the majority of managers in the game. 

Lots of people here saying they are not getting interest from other clubs. Complete opposite with me. Was at Boston United for just under 2 seasons (promoted from Vanarama North in playoffs first season, was on course for another playoff place second season) and in the second season I got lots of offers from other National league and eventually league 2 clubs. I was offered the Crewe job who were in the L2 playoff places. Lost in the playoff final in the end but I'm on course for promotion halfway through this season. So for me there hasn't been a problem, and thankfully reputation seems less reliant on trophies now.

20 hours ago, Fish18ish said:

Lots of people here saying they are not getting interest from other clubs. Complete opposite with me. Was at Boston United for just under 2 seasons (promoted from Vanarama North in playoffs first season, was on course for another playoff place second season) and in the second season I got lots of offers from other National league and eventually league 2 clubs. I was offered the Crewe job who were in the L2 playoff places. Lost in the playoff final in the end but I'm on course for promotion halfway through this season. So for me there hasn't been a problem, and thankfully reputation seems less reliant on trophies now.

Well, good for you! Can you tell me what kind of settings do you have? I don't know, it's weird that some of us can't get job offers from worst teams in the same league or even teams from lower levels, and you get offers from teams one division above you. @Fish18ish

Edited by bestmanager99