Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Reputation problem

15 hours ago, bestmanager99 said:

Well, good for you! Can you tell me what kind of settings do you have? I don't know, it's weird that some of us can't get job offers from worst teams in the same league or even teams from lower levels, and you get offers from teams one division above you. @Fish18ish

English manager in England is probably the important bit based on what Alari said.

I posted this in the official SI forums and would be interested to know what you guys think. Do I have a point?

I have always felt the manager reputation system in FMM to be a bit iffy so I decided to test this out in FMM 2018 by resigning from my job as manager of Minnesota and waiting to see what calibre of club would come in for me. Turns out that no one wanted me!

At Minnesota I won the following trophies:

- 2 x North American Champions League

- 2 x MLS Cup

- 1 x MLS Supporters Shield

- 1 x US Cup

I should also add that this success has amounted to me having a 'Regional' reputation and a Gold coaching badge.

Now I realise this success has come from the MLS, which compared to the stronger European leagues, is not considered to be of equal footing. But I do feel that this amount of success would in reality, present me with a number of job offers.

I didn't receive one job offer.

So I applied for every job going over a seven month period to see who would eventually give me a chance. The best offer I received from England was a League 2 club. No clubs from League 1 or the Championship were interested. The two other playable nations I had were Italy and Spain and no club from their second tiers offered me a job.

Here's the most peculiar thing. Not one MLS club offered me a job despite my fantastic success in that league. I find that to be highly unrealistic.

I think having a 'Regional' reputation has held me back so the question is, having won all those trophies, is a Regional reputation fair? If a manager over in the MLS won that many trophies, would it not be conceivable that a League 1, Championship, or Serie B side take a punt on him? At the very least, wouldn't another MLS team offer that manager a job?

Yes you have a valid point, plus if you keep applying for jobs your loyality rating drops aswell, it would be a nice feature to the game is as the manager you had an agent and if your doing well or winning trophies something came up to say certain clubs are keeping tabs on you or your progression as a manager, then possibly something else like these 3clubs are interested in you and it lists the 3 clubs that possibly want you as a manager.

Just an update. I've sent my save to @Alari on February the 2nd. He has not opened the message yet. If any other mod wants to help. i would love to send the save to any of them. 

Edited by bestmanager99

Another carrer from my friend. Won the league with Estoril Praia, nobody wanted him. Went to Moreirense (second league), then after some years won the first division. Now, not even PAÇOS DE FERREIRA want him. He won the league with two small sized teams in Portugal, and the only teams that want him are from the second division. Not any team of the top leagues of the 4 nations he choose (Portugal, England, Spain, Germany). He has national reputation, but the portuguese teams prefer other national reputation managers, or even regional. This is just bullshit and takes away all the fun. 

I repeat, I can send this or the other save to any mod. Please, this needs a fix.

Edited by bestmanager99

In my saves I’m ready to drop my American nationality as no matter what I did it seems it held me back from getting a fair look. I took Solihull Moors to and won EPL and I departed with a continental reputation and got zero offers from England, France, Spain or Italy with all leagues loaded ... 

Think of Bob Bradley as perfect example in real life for your save spent time in MLS won Cups there , got USMNT job and also Egypt’s national team, did well in Norway with a small club then almost got Havre promoted from tier 2 in France then got a shot a EPL club in Swansea even though it was short it felt like he kept progressing like you would do after MLS but it seems impossible to duplicate as an American nationality? Maybe if we try European or South American nationality see if get same results and which jobs you get offered would show if there’s a big bias to non European/ S.American nationalities no matter how good u do..

2 minutes ago, DIRECTFX said:

In my saves I’m ready to drop my American nationality as no matter what I did it seems it held me back from getting a fair look. I took Solihull Moors to and won EPL and I departed with a continental reputation and got zero offers from England, France, Spain or Italy with all leagues loaded ... 

Think of Bob Bradley as perfect example in real life for your save spent time in MLS won Cups there , got USMNT job and also Egypt’s national team, did well in Norway with a small club then almost got Havre promoted from tier 2 in France then got a shot a EPL club in Swansea even though it was short it felt like he kept progressing like you would do after MLS but it seems impossible to duplicate as an American nationality? Maybe if we try European or South American nationality see if get same results and which jobs you get offered would show if there’s a big bias to non European/ S.American nationalities no matter how good u do..

We use portuguese nationality always.

Hi!

Sorry to dig up this topic, I am having a similar problem, not being able to land a job anywhere in the top two leagues in Germany, England, Italy or Spain despite having achieved decent success at my starting club. BTW, I started with Karslruhe in the German 3rd division and played 5 seasons winning the Bundesliga title, German Cup and Supercup as well as playing a EL final. Now I am unemployed and no one wants me.

My reputation is National, however it was Continental immediately after winning the title but dropped suddenly to National after I accepted the Ireland manager job. Why did that happen? Was it because I resigned from Karlsruhe? My nationality is Hungarian.

Any tips on what I could do to get decent job? I am in no mood to start over in the 3rd division and I find this situation quite ridiculous. I should be able to easily get a job in any of those four leagues.

Thanks!

On 27/04/2018 at 21:58, Pista said:

Hi!

Sorry to dig up this topic, I am having a similar problem, not being able to land a job anywhere in the top two leagues in Germany, England, Italy or Spain despite having achieved decent success at my starting club. BTW, I started with Karslruhe in the German 3rd division and played 5 seasons winning the Bundesliga title, German Cup and Supercup as well as playing a EL final. Now I am unemployed and no one wants me.

My reputation is National, however it was Continental immediately after winning the title but dropped suddenly to National after I accepted the Ireland manager job. Why did that happen? Was it because I resigned from Karlsruhe? My nationality is Hungarian.

Any tips on what I could do to get decent job? I am in no mood to start over in the 3rd division and I find this situation quite ridiculous. I should be able to easily get a job in any of those four leagues.

Thanks!

@Pista this is it. It doesn't make any sense that you reputation is built 100% on titles... you have to win a league title to change clubs, and you need continental reputation. Everything else it doesn't matter. I quit one of my saves because of that shit. It's so unrealistic, it makes the game unplayable. And no one seems to care

The same issue here!! I hope this get fixed in FMM19. I started unemployed and found a job at Varzim in 2nd Portuguese League and I stay out of the relegation zone, 2nd year I have finished 2nd and got promoted, 1st year in 1st portuguese division I won the league and reach to the final Portuguese Cup, next year I won the League cup and the supercup and finished 3rd, next year I won the league cup again finish at 2nd in league and reach to the eurocup final beaten by arsenal then I offer resignation because I need a new challenge. After all this wich from my point of view was a really good performance with such small team I can't found a Team, I applied for every team but only 2nd league teams are calling me. How it's possible a manager with 4 trophies? Even teams that are fighting for stay out of relegation in england, spain and italy don't want me. Jesus!

I am also not able to land job from a decent club either in France or abroad. I started out as manager in Chatereux (league 2 - avoid relegation) now after 5  complete seasons and 3/4 of the sixth I have 464 manager points and after last year Cup win got national reputation though still cannot land a decent job offer.

This year I am going badly in the league but I have reached french cup qrt finals (still in the game) coupe de la league semis and Eurocup quarter finals yet I applied for the job of Sassuolo manager and did not get it!

I managed to get a good job offer after wining another cup and the Euro Cup which boosted my reputation to contintental. What I found as not so realistic is that  previously i was not being considered for jobs in other french clubs of similar standing in the league , as at least within the country my exploits should be well known as the National reputation also denotes.

Anyway now I am in Inter Millan so I managed to break away.

Edited by Baladorovic
Update