Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help "Contain" mentality

Emurtency

How do i counter the contain mentality it seems ,like their is now way of an effective way of countering it if u play overload you leave lots a space and get countered 

and it results in like 20 shots 14 on goal 1 goal   and Opp/cpu 4 shots 1 on goal 

when playing control i sometimes win but i have so much chances when only 3 are contributed 

and this goes for a top tier club like dormund versus a club like hoffenheum/Darmstadt

so is their anyway                                                                                                                                          Engine= EME

4-4-2

Control               but most of the time i will change it ingame depending the playstyle of my opps

Width balancedtempo normal Creative freedom balanced

Defense line high

Closing down own half

tackling normal

Off no

TW no

Final third Work into the box   passing style direct    passing focus mixed  GK distribution Mixed

Try short passing, and play from both flanks 

Basically, have a look at the way Spain have to play short, quick passes, trying to draw out deep defences 

19 hours ago, Emurtency said:

4-4-2

Control               but most of the time i will change it ingame depending the playstyle of my opps

Width balancedtempo normal Creative freedom balanced

Defense line high

Closing down own half

tackling normal

Off no

TW no

Final third Work into the box   passing style direct    passing focus mixed  GK distribution Mixed

As the other reaction, i would go short passing as well. Besides that i would try closing down all over. You want to pressure them right away.

personally i wouldn't go flanks as this limits you on options.

what role do your full backs have?