Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career BatiGoal's Augusta National Golf Club Challenge

BatiGoal

The Augusta National Golf Club challenge

(by @samhardy)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSPQpgB5kn-yTsmd4iE_bN

- challenge link -

This is an absolute monstrosity of a challenge. Created by a madman (see name up there) and well.. not sure what it makes me for even considering to attempt it, let alone -actually- attempt it :) I've been thinking about taking this big boy on for quite a long time tbh, almost since its creation, but been afraid so far. Afraid to fail miserably. No one's had the balls -yes, I've said it!- so this makes me the first and hopefully many will follow. I figured let's just post it quick before I change my mind again. Worked in the past and works today hehe! Eventho I may end up hating myself tomorrow morning. Anyway, click link up there for a full read but below a few things that are awaiting me in the coming 22 seasons, yes 22! to get you a little informed of what's going to happen here..

There will be 18 seperate challenges set during the save that all relate to the holes at Augusta. All the holes that have a par score of 3 will be a half season challenge, a par score of 4 will be a season long challenge and a Par 5 will be a two season long challenge.

• Par 3 = half season - Par 4 = one season - Par 5 = two seasons

During the challenge you will see the following terms:

• Par (0) - Every golfer manager will start with a score of 0. Par a hole and you stay on 0.
  • Bogey (+1) - Bogey is 1 over par for the round.
  • Double Bogey (+2) - Double Bogey is 2 over par for the round.
  • Birdie (-1) - Birdie is 1 under par for the round.
  • Eagle (-2) - Eagle is 2 under par for the round.

If you still have no clue what I'm talking about, excellent, click link on top of the post and read full details.

Before each update I will go into much more detail of what exactly is required of me and in how many seasons I need to complete it. As I said earlier, there are going to be 18 holes, just like an actual game of golf, meaning this career is going to consist of 18 updates. To give you a better idea, below for example is what Update 1 - Hole 1 is going to look like:

Update 1 - Hole 1

P_hole1.jpg&key=db416813a7a2c6a14462372e

Hole 1 - Tea Olive (Par 4)

So you've picked your team and are ready to start on this mammoth journey. What? Tea Olive? Yes, every hole at Augusta is named after the flower or tree that grows on that particular hole. Anyway, it's a flower native to Asia and is a fairly tricky hole to start off with. A birdie is very much achievable however it may be wise to just accept the par for the first hole, keep your score at 0 and move on. After all, you don't want to be +1 after just the first hole.

Challenge - Buy an Asian GK and ensure he concedes as few league goals as possible.

• Eagle - 0-9 conceded
  • Birdie - 10-19 conceded
  • Par - 20-29 conceded
  • Bogey - 30-39 conceded
  • Double Bogey - 40+ conceded

Get it? Hole 1 is Par 4 meaning it's going to last 1 season. And this is just 1 of the 18 holes that are awaiting me. This is also one of the "easier" challenges that I need to complete before moving on to the next hole. Further ahead there's a mention of strikers wearing pink (it's true!), there's the hat-trick show I need to take part in, an All-American showdown, Goalkeepers in yellow (still wondering why I said a madman created this!?), demoting top players and top performers for the fun of it, buy Chinese, scoring with oldies, scoring with defenders (oh, this one's actually right up my alley) and many many more.. so you see this is going to take a long long time but it'll be really fun too. Hope you'll enjoy it just as much :)

The Team 

voCcIHU.png

AC Milan

(more later..)

9 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Oh sh#t! I vaguely remember coming on here for a couple minutes and now I discover this. What have I done? 

WHAT HAVE I DONE?!?!? 

I recognise that thought process :P

On 17/12/2017 at 17:50, samhardy said:

I recognise that thought process :P

You inspire more people than you might think lol

3 hours ago, JoaK said:

This is gonna be funny.

Best of luck!

Thanks big (y)

4 hours ago, Ashez said:

Good luck......Your gonna need it!!!

Thanks, and you're right, hole 1 completed and the scorecard isn't anything to smile about atm, and then there's the prospect of another 17 holes :O

At least if someone wants my name off top spot in this challenge they have to go thru hell just like I did lol, gotta say it's really fun tho. 

1 hour ago, Erreh said:

Wow finally someone with the audacity an idiot to try this challenge, I know I'll never be that crazy! :P

I have edited your quote for clarification purposes. Cheers :laugh:

14 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Thanks, and you're right, hole 1 completed and the scorecard isn't anything to smile about atm, and then there's the prospect of another 17 holes :O

At least if someone wants my name off top spot in this challenge they have to go thru hell just like I did lol, gotta say it's really fun tho. 

I disagree, I think there are plenty of reasons to laugh at your scorecard! Lmao

49 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I disagree, I think there are plenty of reasons to laugh at your scorecard! Lmao

Anything to distract the viewers from my score :laugh:

The Augusta National Golf Club challenge

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSPQpgB5kn-yTsmd4iE_bN

- challenge link -

Update 1 - Hole 1

P_hole1.jpg&key=db416813a7a2c6a14462372e

Hole 1 - Tea Olive (Par 4)

So you've picked your team and are ready to start on this mammoth journey. What? Tea Olive? Yes, every hole at Augusta is named after the flower or tree that grows on that particular hole. Anyway, it's a flower native to Asia and is a fairly tricky hole to start off with. A birdie is very much achievable however it may be wise to just accept the par for the first hole, keep your score at 0 and move on. After all, you don't want to be +1 after just the first hole.

Challenge - Buy an Asian GK and ensure he concedes as few league goals as possible.

• Eagle - 0-9 conceded
  • Birdie - 10-19 conceded
  • Par - 20-29 conceded
  • Bogey - 30-39 conceded
  • Double Bogey - 40+ conceded

The Goalkeeper

ysMDFOf.png

This is the man that's going to play Hole 1 for me. Objective is clear, concede as few goals as possible. He had 3 greens when I bought him but a few friendly games later and with two GK coaches he's improved in key areas. Not expecting an Eagle here tbh -tho how sweet a start that would be- but a Birdie (concede 10-19 goals) should be possible. That's our aim this season.

Star goalkeeper Donnarumma has been demoted to the sub bench for obvious reasons. However, Donnarumma is still very much in my future plans so to keep him on my good side I've decided to play him in all Coppa Italia and Europa League games and Ryan in all league matches as per the challenge rules. This should keep everyone happy + it'll make counting conceded goals in the Serie A way easier.

First Serie A Game

GUrWMNO.png

I'm not even looking at anything else but that conceded goal. Assists, goals, CCC, nothing matters, not being able to keep clean sheets vs weak opponents will put me right on a Bogey or Double Bogey schedule. Can't have that.

10 Games in..

YH8izpL.png

Disappointing. It's really hard keeping goals out. Rather a 1-0 win than 6-1. I'm using my accustomed Classic Batigoals 4-1-4-1 formation which is great for goals but apparently not suitable for this challenge. 8 conceded at this point is too much, so it's bye bye Eagle unfortunately.

20 Games in..

PGhw4uZ.png

Ouch. Another 8 conceded in 10 games. 16 already! I'm on a Bogey schedule, can't have this! Time to alter my formation -dropping my wingers to CM line- to something that eventually resembles a Xmas tree. How apprpriate :)

30 Games in..

dVDGvXW.png

Hmm, it helped somewhat conceding just 6 now in 10 games but it puts us on 22 conceded. Our aim was going for a Birdie (19 conceded) but we're past that amount already with 8 games left. Not looking great. I'll sign for Par at this point as that's what we're on now and what I hope to hold on to. Par is 20-29 conceded, so we can only allow 7 goals in the next 8 games. Oh dear..

35 Games in..

5uo2Vbp.png

Finally a great run with just a single goal conceded in 5 games. Excellent, that really puts the pressure off for the final 3 games where we may allow as many as 6 goals. So 2 goals / game should be enough to earn Par, tho I hope we don't let it boil to that point.

The Next Three Games..

Spoiler

4PfUSkC.png

wXHxYV8.png

SRSpKXZ.png

Ah, wonderful. My formation tweaks worked. Also, my defenders have improved massively over the course of the season. Where they were kinda mediocre at the start they're much stronger defenders now towards the end of the season which adds big time to the clean sheets we're recorded. With just 1 more goal conceded our final tally ends at 24. Well within Par range.

Serie A Final League Table

6W3A98Y.png

Our dream was Eagle, realistic aim Birdie, but gotta settle for Par in the end. A decent start we can live with.

Tactics - Formations

Spoiler

PSA6hn9.png

These are the defensive tactics I started using 20-25 games in. The left one is our starting formation and the right one, ultra defensive hehe! is what got us through in the end to hold on to clean sheets in the final 10-15min. Not pretty but it did the job. Also, had quite a few AMCs out with injuries and all my defenders were fresh and ready to roar so it was easy math.

Mathew Ryan Conceded Goals

GHziHsl.png

Mathew Ryan's oficial tally stands at 24.

Ryan - Player History

qxFdMG7.png

Here's proof that Ryan stood between the posts in all Serie A games.

Donnarumma - Player History

Py2K3Mj.png

And Donnarumma did all other games and no Serie A matches, as promised.

Golfer BatiGoal - Manager Profile

7YpcIro.png

I actually just noticed now that I haven't lost a game :) goes to show how focused I've been on keeping them goals out. Both Cup wins were the Coppa Italia and The Europa League, which is great, as well as the Serie A league title, but it's all secondary to the main onbjective in this challenge career.

Challenge Progress - Golf Scorecard

yU8rmS0.png

Par noted!

In all an extremely fun challenge where I clearly struggled in the beginning we straightened our backs and got the result in the end. Not the one we hoped for but we're still very much in it to put a solid score in for the next manager to beat. Still very early days with 17 holes to go (yikes!) so we need to remain focused and hope for a Birdie or Eagle (hehe) in the next one. Had a peek of what's awaiting us in Hole 2 and I'm quite looking forward to that challenge. Totally different -Thank God- so it's time to re-assess the squad and start strategizing of what's needed and whom I need to bring in to get a good score in. Can't wait.

Thanks for reading and hope you stick around for the next update. Should be a cracking one.. with lots of PINK :O

What to expect in the next update..

Spoiler

Update 2 - Hole 2

temp flower

Hole 2 - Pink Dogwood (Par 5)

This is your chance to make up some early ground and get ahead of the game before the more challenging holes start. It really is a case of risk versus reward, however, in seasons 2 and 3.

Challenge - Buy a striker from a club that wears pink. First season he must score as many as possible in all comps, must be beaten in second season. If the second season total is lower you automatically receive a double bogey. Must score over 30 first season or get the same punishment.

Eagle - 60-70 scored

Birdie - 50-59 scored

Par - 40-49 scored

Bogey - 30-39 scored

Double Bogey - Under 30

24 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Nothing wrong with par for the first hole :) Next one should be well suited to you. A chance to get some early momentum I think.

Going for a hole-in-one :P

Thanks for the support :)

At this point I'm sad it only lasts 22 seasons but I know what's coming - I peeked - and it's not pretty. I will need all the support later on to pull me through this obstacle course. 

Not a half bad start to the challenge! I remember reading through it and thinking how you would have to be clinically insane to try it. Keep up the good work BatiGoal!

47 minutes ago, Real_Random said:

Good luck, for this challenge do both home and away jerseys count? Hopefully you can find a striker to destroy the next hole. KIU

I think so :)

I remember teams like Juve and even Everton sporting a pink jersey at some point, but to keep it fun and challenging I'm going by teams wearing pink in this year's campaign 2017-18 only. I'm going to do a little more research but I've got my eyes on a pink dude already (Christ, that sounded godawful!) 

37 minutes ago, Erreh said:

Not a half bad start to the challenge! I remember reading through it and thinking how you would have to be clinically insane to try it. Keep up the good work BatiGoal!

Which is why I decided against it many times lol ? now I'm just taking it one step at a time and see it as multiple CC-like challenges rather than a humongous career. Keeps me sane. 

Thanks mate! 

Solid start BG. I think you smash the next hole.

10 minutes ago, Titjes said:

Just asking, but is Australia not part from Oceania instead in Asia? :P 

or does this apply "They are an integral part of the Asia-Pacific region, also known as Apac"?

Australia are a member of the Asian football federation so I think we can let him off?

32 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

Solid start BG. I think you smash the next hole.

Australia are a member of the Asian football federation so I think we can let him off?

Okay, was just wondering how it's looked at ;)

3 hours ago, Titjes said:

Just asking, but is Australia not part from Oceania instead in Asia? :P 

or does this apply "They are an integral part of the Asia-Pacific region, also known as Apac"?

2 hours ago, FuddledFox said:

I had my doubts too as they're a continent in itself so I asked the challenge madman :D and he gave me green light. Thank God as my alternative GK was garbage lol would've been a double bogey for sure.