Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career BatiGoal's Augusta National Golf Club Challenge

BatiGoal

5 hours ago, FestiveFox said:

Won't Betty polish it for you?

Not my clubs ;)

5 hours ago, samhardy said:

Going well! Be careful not to overshoot the next one ;)

This comment ignited interesting visuals :laugh:

2 hours ago, JoaK said:

Great job so far! Let's keep it rolling!

Thanks biggie (y)

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

Impressive display that! 

29 minutes ago, PriZe said:

:O smashing it mate (y) KIU

Thanks for the support, guys! It's a looong road so the encouragements are appreciated (y)

The Augusta National Golf Club Challenge

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSPQpgB5kn-yTsmd4iE_bN

- challenge link -

Update 4 - Hole 4

temp flower

Hole 4 - Flowering Crab Apple (Par 3)

The first Par 3 on the course meaning the first half season challenge for you managers. This is a hole that requires precision and accuracy, and one that is a lot more challenging than originally meets the eye.

Challenge - In half a season (19 league games) you must get as close to the GD of +40, as possible.

• Birdie - Within 5
  • Par - Within 10
  • Bogey - Within 15
  • Double Bogey - More than 15 away

OK, never been more ready for this than today. After a handful of seasons with AC Milan the squad is in tremendous shape. A perfect group that consists of 90% Italians, from veterans like Bonucci to talents like Locatelli, we're ready to explode in the upcoming 19 Serie A games to get that +40 GD and with that another Birdie.

5 Serie A games in

DpoAmrm.png

Not the easiest fixtures list of a starting campaign (not looking for excuses either - ok, maybe I am in case I screw this up lol) but away games to Juventus (1-2) and AS Roma (1-1) proved a slightly rough start. +10 GD is still on schedule though. If we score +2 per game it's a win.

10 Serie A games in

J9okvTW.png

5 wins is perfect despite another away game to one of our rivals, Internazionale (3-4). Ironically enough all our home games vs Italy's best are in the second half of the season which doesn't matter to this challenge. No coincidence, a calculated move from the madman creator Samhardy. Looking good tho with a GD of +25. We're sitting on a Bogey at this point.

15 Serie A games in

NTKdfv9.png

Perfect run with another 5 wins over (again) away games to Napoli (2-3) and Lazio (1-4). We're on borderline Par-Birdie at this point with 4 games in hand. If I record no losses in the next 4 games the Birdie is mine. Honestly, I see little problems with the form we're currently in so let's bring it on..

17 Serie A games in

oNpf7zE.png

GD +40 on the dot with 2 games to go. Still mathematically possible to screw things up with two big losses but surely.. surely that can't happen. Even the FMM Gods don't have that kind of power, or cruelty for that matter.

19 Serie A games in

kkdEepp.png

Sampdoria and Fiorentina did show signs of resistence at some points during the game but this Milan side has got too much quality for any of the Italian teams to put us under serious pressure. The odd Cup game or knock out stage can still deliver a surprise of course but there's no team in serious Championship contention besides us. So we end on a GD of +47.

38 Serie A games - Final Table

UiGRL7p.png

+91 GD is what we end with. Though if it wasn't for giving all subs plenty of playing time, and starters much needed rest, in the remainder of the season I think we'd have reached 100+ GD. Pretty sure actually :)

Golfer BatiGoal - Manager Profile

8lDJH3H.png

20s in 2/6 with Discipline still in the brown. As a side mission I'd like to get full 20s on my manager page but I have to be honest here and say I'm not entirely sure how to bump Discipline up. I tried a few things with player interactions etc but no progress. Any ideas welcome, lads, no worries it isn't part of the main challenge so advice appreciated.

Challenge Progress - Golf Scorecard

g4534jA.png

Birdie noted!

A Par followed by 3 consecutive Birdies "drops" our score to -3. I'm really enjoying this career so far with lots more unique challenges to come. 5 seasons down and still nowhere near half-way, I'm sure there'll be a point where I need to pick myself up, find that refreshing motivation and energy to drag my rear over the finishline, but I'm still as excited as ever. Tho.. looking at the next challenge, yikes, not my favorite of the bunch tbh.. going for Birdie might be a task too tough and ending this one with (Double) Bogey wouldn't surprise me.

Thanks for reading and hope you stick around for the next update. Should be a cracking one.. with.. WHAT!?! Two assisting Wing Backs from the USA?!? :O This one's got Bogey written all over it..

What to expect in the next update..

Spoiler

Update 5 - Hole 5

temp flower

Hole 5 - Magnolia (Par 4)

This picturesque hole is covered in the flower of Magnolia, native to the United States. A birdie on this hole is definitely possible but might be hard to get.

Challenge - Buy two American wing backs. They must get as many combined assists as possible in one season. All competitions.

• Birdie - 40+ assists
  • Par - 30 assists
  • Bogey - 20 assists
  • Double Bogey - Less than 20 assists

5 hours ago, samhardy said:

Tempted to be pedantic and say par as technically that's not within 5 ;). But I won't be like that here. Another good season!

In other words you just want to be the real you :laugh:

Thanks mate! 

8 minutes ago, Moe_Sakr said:

3 Birdies in a row... rolling up my sleeves. 

A true test of character at times :) Hole 5 update should be up tonight. Can tell you already it'll be an interesting one. 

- challenge link -

Update 5 - Hole 5

temp flower

Hole 5 - Magnolia (Par 4)

This picturesque hole is covered in the flower of Magnolia, native to the United States. A birdie on this hole is definitely possible but might be hard to get.

Challenge - Buy two American wing backs. They must get as many combined assists as possible in one season. All competitions.

• Birdie - 40+ assists
  • Par - 30 assists
  • Bogey - 20 assists
  • Double Bogey - Less than 20 assists

This is by far one of the challenges I was looking up to most this career. I have very little experience assisting with Wing Backs so I wasn't sure how exactly to go about it other than trying a few obvious formations/tactics + testing and experimenting as I go. There is no time to waste so we have to just get our hands dirty and hope for the best.. ..which is a Birdie :)

American WB One

z0LpFo4.png

I was kinda left with no choices other than these two gentlemen so it certainly made choosing easy. Not exactly AC Milan caliber but it'll have to do for this challenge.

American WB Two

FZnFy7w.png

Ditto. No competition for this man either so I had to go with him. Natural LB but as I need him to play in WB position (as below) I decided to retrain him to get more assists out of him.

Formations + Tactics

PJJxEOq.png

After roughly 10 games struggling to get a decent working formation for Wing Backs -AND- one that makes them provide plenty of assists for a Birdie (40+) this is what I came up with. Left our primary formation and right the alternative one. The rest of the settings includes a couple of obvious tweaks such as early crosses in (I decided no overlaps as they're the sole player on each flank and I want quantity pls, as many crosses into the box as possible to increase odds for asists) also passing focus via both flanks (ditto reason) and everytime either Yedlin or Acosta didn't play for whatever reason passing focus would go left or right only depending on who was playing. Corner takers was also either one or the other and that's pretty much it as far as tactics concerned.

August + September

Ru2lVHR.png

7 assists. I'm hoping for 40+ here so I guess we're off to a decent start. Never done this sort of thing so nothing to go by other than calculating assists vs how many games left.

October + November

6v13xLj.png

13 assists. Yedlin doing great but Acosta is clearly struggling. No assist in 2 months!! He's playing in his awkward position as playing as a natural LB didn't get him many assists either. Tho he's being retraining as a WB so let's hope that's going to pay off.. it must!

Best Game

Spoiler

I4NuXpz.png

4 assists in 1 game by Yedlin. Oh man things are finally really clicking.

December + January

xGqYcbx.png

23 assists. Yedlin awesome! Acosta terrible! Yedlin will continue to do more of the same but Acosta is holding us back.. 4 assists till now is a major disappointment and will cost us points if he doesn't start kicking the ball into a teammate's foot!

Best Game

Spoiler

1B8QDTX.png

5 assists in a single game again by Yedlin. He's a beast! What a player! I'm shocked.

February + March

90X1pHq.png

It took 8 months to retrain Acosta into a natural WB and yes it paid off big time. With 5 assists this month he more than doubled his total production and with Yedlin's score we're now on 33 assists. Top stuff. We got Par but we want more. We want Birdie. 7 assists to go..

Best Game

Spoiler

p4e7vpT.png

Here's confirmation of Acosta's improved performance. An assist hat-trick vs Monaco in the CL.

April

0VFrsFs.png

April got Yedlin another 4 and Acosta 2 assists scoring a combined 39 assists. 1 short, we got this, 5 games left and I have no doubt we're going to make it. Can't fail now surely, this is our Birdie to lose.

May

wGAmr25.png

May saw Yedlin picking up injuries and not 1 assist due to that but Acosta did ever so well adding another 6 to our total. Such a slow start but an amazing end to the season for this man. Both Americans absolutely surprised me this season as I had no idea what to expect during this tough challenge. But somehow we made it. Can't believe it to be honest. Thrilled! 45 assists!

Man of the Match Award - Yedlin

kP5uKRf.png

Even picking up MoM award during his best spell. Quality.

Man of the Match Award - Acosta

If3oqfN.png

So did Acosta. I'll definitely give these two players a place in the Milan Hall of Fame museum :)

JM9ymEy.png

Side-mission getting all 20s isn't really going well but not really bothering me much tbh. Still no clue how to bump Discipline up so I'll just focus on the other 5. Solid profit of over 200M too btw, chairman have never been this proud of their manager.

ZT0OSoV.png

Birdie noted!

1 Par and 4 Birdies in-a-row. We've hung on to our momentum and I'm loving it. I was definitely expecting a Bogey or Double this season but my American friends had other plans. What I believed was going to be one of my toughest challenges this career turned out to be one of my most enjoyable ones thus far. Let's push on for more minus points next season and make it a tough score to beat for the next manager.

Thanks for reading and hope you stick around for the next update. Should be a cracking one.. with.. goals and more goals. 2+ every single game or else.. ELSE WHAT!?! :O

Spoiler

Update 6 - Hole 6

temp flower

Hole 6 - Juniper (Par 3)

So you're through 5 holes on the course and will have completed 6 seasons in total. If everything is going to plan you'll be under par and cruising at this point. However this short, snappy half season challenge can be a bit of a brute without the right preparation. Juniper has tripped up many world class golfers in the past.

Challenge - Team needs to score 2 or more goals every single game for half a season (up until Jan.15) in all competitions. Failing to do so:

• Birdie - 4 or less times
  • Par - 5 times
  • Bogey - 6 times
  • Double Bogey - 7 or more times

Edited by BatiGoal
37 minutes ago, FestiveFox said:

Sounds like you really enjoyed this hole and the diffrent challenge it provided. I think the next hole will be right up your street.

Loved it indeed because it's unique.. once again credit to @samhardy for coming up with this quality challenge (and of course because I succeeded :) ) the next one must be a Birdie for sure. Anything less is a flop.

16 minutes ago, samhardy said:

It's absolutely majestic :O

I can assure you this challenge is difficult, despite @BatiGoal proving otherwise!

Thanks. And I'll tell you again I was 90% sure I was going to leave this hole with a Bogey. Three super games with Acosta (3) and Yedlin (4) and (5) assists got us the win in the end. Take away those and we'd be left with what I'd expected from the start. Glad it's over as i wouldn't want to re-do it :D

18 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Next 2 are a walk in the park tbf

True, but then comes the absolute shittiest one 2! seasons long with a GK up front :laugh:

29 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

True, but then comes the absolute shittiest one 2! seasons long with a GK up front :laugh:

I don't know about that. I seem to remember someone (really can't remember who) saying a few weeks back that it didn't matter what player was upfront even a GK would score 50 goals a year. So that should be a walk in the park course for you.

25 minutes ago, FestiveFox said:

I don't know about that. I seem to remember someone (really can't remember who) saying a few weeks back that it didn't matter what player was upfront even a GK would score 50 goals a year. So that should be a walk in the park course for you.

Well, by that time I'll be a decade into this career so the formation and team players for this GK-striker will be ideal. But from what I remember testing CBs up front in FMM17 was terrible, highly ineffective, so we'll soon find out how this GK does for me as my leading striker. :S first things first tho gotta make sure to smash the next two holes. 

1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

Thanks @veerus, caterpillars ? cucumbers ? or your centipedes, whatever those may be, my plan to distract the spectators from my failings is working :)

You have to start failing before trying to distract us...

7 hours ago, veerus said:

You have to start failing before trying to distract us...

You've highlighted my shortcomings right there :laugh:

4 hours ago, PriZe said:

Rankend 2nd in the world, seems like the game also knows your true place...

Reveal hidden contents

Smashing it mate! Proud of you dutchie :) 

Hehe! You had to find one negative, did ya! ? Thanks mate! 

So sorry I missed so much of this but hell dude you are smashing it 4 birdies in a row and showing everyone why you are the #1 ranked manager on Vibe

KIU, I'm sure even the GK/Striker one won't give you much issue

14 minutes ago, Taff said:

So sorry I missed so much of this but hell dude you are smashing it 4 birdies in a row and showing everyone why you are the #1 ranked manager on Vibe

No worries, thanks biggie! I may well be Vibe's #1 by the rankings account but I feel the entire community breathing down my neck like a pack of wolves. :O

17 minutes ago, Taff said:

KIU, I'm sure even the GK/Striker one won't give you much issue

I sincerely pray it does. Imagine a GK scoring 50+ hell even anything close to double figures a season. It would make the game look downright silly. Honestly hoping for a bogey. 

- challenge link -

Update 6 - Hole 6

temp flower

Hole 6 - Juniper (Par 3)

So you're through 5 holes on the course and will have completed 6 seasons in total. If everything is going to plan you'll be under par and cruising at this point. However this short, snappy half season challenge can be a bit of a brute without the right preparation. Juniper has tripped up many world class golfers in the past.

Challenge - Team needs to score 2 or more goals every single game for half a season (up until Jan.15) in all competitions. Failing to do so:

• Birdie - 4 or less times
  • Par - 5 times
  • Bogey - 6 times
  • Double Bogey - 7 or more times

First off, Happy New Year to all the Vibers and hope 2018 has many more positive things to offer than 2017 did. For me, I'm glad we've entered a new year as the previous one wasn't too spectacular tbh. Anyway, let's get cracking with golf. Objective: score 2+ every game up until Jan 15th. I'm allowed 4 screw-ups and still get a Birdie. Surely this is in the bag for this ultra strong Milan side, or...?

August

pJ8NuA5.png

Great start with over 3 goals per game. A bit too leaky for my liking so I'll see if there's a way to strengthen the defence a bit more, but as far as the challenge is concerned we're good.

September

hj8I1BJ.png

A perfect month with 6 wins and 2+ goals every game. Tho Napoli was close scoring that second goal in the 85th min. :S

October

OXU9d7Q.png

A pretty good month but you've witnessed my first screw-up. Not sure what happened vs Arsenal. I played my strongest 11 but it was just a bad day for the lads. My tactics were spot on but the lads failed to deliver :P other than that 3x 2-0 isn't ideal but it's enough to keep me smiling. Monaco were a very tough side and we just scraped through with 2 goals in the last 10 min. More on Monaco later..

November

LNO89nl.png

Best month. 5 wins with 19-0 GD. With just 2 months left needing to score 2+ and an additional 3 screw-ups allowed I'm feeling confident.

December

zq5T4ut.png

Ouch, a second loss and only 1 goal scored. That's 2 screw-ups. Monaco are tough this season. I have to say I played all my subs for gametime and rested my best players but I still expected a draw at least. Later on in the CL Quarters I'd meet Monaco again and go through on away goals (6-6a) a home win (3-2) and an away loss (4-3) proved they were the toughest team to play against this season.

January

yaseD47.png

Great. Perfect month which means our Birdie was never in any real danger. Beer for the lads!!!

New Stadium

ET5wALq.png

After continued success the board came to their favorite manager with a name suggestion for the new stadium. I had one in mind already..

San Siro AugustA ArenA

ZZPoIqb.png

There you go. An epic name for a gorgeous stadium where every adversary will walk off the pitch with trembling knees. :laugh:

6MeL1T1.png

Looking nice. Expecting a full set of 20s apart from the obvious one. Still 2nd tho is kinda odd. Some time in September I'll hit the #1 rank but back in May after winning lots incl. Manager of the Year I'm back to 2nd. Clearly, I'm the very best but apparently not the most liked (Ancelotti is) pff!

fHiQGUe.png

Birdie noted!

5th consecutive Birdie. Hell yes we're going great. This challenge was never in any real danger tho I have to say I scored 7 times a 2-0 win along the way and with a little more bad luck I'd be in real trouble if some of them had been a 1-0 only. So I gotta keep very focused here on every single hole, no matter how easy things may seem, or I'll hit a Bogey or worse. Bringing our momentum into the next challenge..

Thanks for reading and hope you stick around for the next update. Should be a cracking one.. with.. a Winger? An Argentine Winger who needs to score+assist lots? :O better hope there's a decent one left 7 seasons into this career.

Spoiler

Update 7 - Hole 7

temp flower

Hole 7 - Pampas (Par 4)

With a medium level of difficulty, this hole has an air of Argentina about it, with it being distinctive for the Pampas grass growing on it. With it being native to Argentina, I'm sure you can guess where the challenge for season 8 will be going.

Challenge - Buy an Argentine winger. Get as many goals and assists combined in all competitions as possible.

• Eagle - 50+ goals + assists
  • Birdie - 40 goals and assists
  • Par - 30 goals and assists
  • Bogey - 20 goals and assists
  • Double Bogey - 19 goals and assists or less