Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career BatiGoal's Augusta National Golf Club Challenge

BatiGoal

2 hours ago, veerus said:

That sweeper behind 5 defenders is... something else... :P  Don't forget the magic properties of two DLPs!

Drastic measures for drastic times :D

17 minutes ago, Taff said:

Especially long phallic shaped ones I heard 

:O:laugh:

Since we're on the Bettygoal subject, the upcoming challenge seems to have been made for her. She's helped me tremendously with finding Mr. Pink (y)

It's a 2-season challenge so update won't be today but the Striker Reveal will ;)

20 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

I had my doubts too as they're a continent in itself so I asked the challenge madman :D and he gave me green light. Thank God as my alternative GK was garbage lol would've been a double bogey for sure.

Good to know if i try this challenge in the future :P Good luck with your attempt, I'm sure you will do fantastic :D 

1 hour ago, FuddledFox said:

Merry Christmas Bati?

You worked out the nickname did ya ? 

1 hour ago, Titjes said:

Good to know if i try this challenge in the future :P Good luck with your attempt, I'm sure you will do fantastic :D 

Thanks (y)

A small update on the progress so far in Hole 2..

Hole 2 is Par 5 meaning it's going to last a full 2 seasons, which is why the next update takes a little longer than usual. Challenge creator @samhardy insisted on a striker wearing pink so pink it is. I obviously know very little about this color so I had to consult with an expert; Bettygoal. Bettygoal knows colors and I know football so we gathered forces and together as a team we brainstormed for a couple hours and came to the same conclusion. I agreed on the player and she on the color tone. Question like "is he striker enough?" or "is it pink enough?" were answered instantly upon a handful of friendly pre-season matches and both Betty and I were fully satisfied with the end result.

We're hereby overjoyed to present you our striker for Hole 2..

the one..

the only..

Mr. Pink

WoJ370A.png

Player info

Spoiler

P8o6Hn3.png

(more later..)

1 hour ago, samhardy said:

Prediction:

Season one - 60 goals

Season two - Damaged spine, out for 12 months. Double bogey.

Spot on. No update needed. :laugh:

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

The lack of pace will hurt! 

Managed to bump it to green. You should've seen the pink alternatives lol tough pickings in this challenge so far :S

1 hour ago, Taff said:

good looking option, and I see you coming away from this with a birdie 

Worst case, yes. Albatross schedule atm :D

Really interesting challenge. And quite the challenge at that, with just the right amount of randomness thrown in for good fun!

2 hours ago, 1899 said:

Really interesting challenge. And quite the challenge at that, with just the right amount of randomness thrown in for good fun!

It's going to be a stretch for sure but it's the diversity each season that keeps me ticking. Thanks! 

The Augusta National Golf Club challenge

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSPQpgB5kn-yTsmd4iE_bN

- challenge link -

Update 2 - Hole 2

temp flower

Hole 2 - Pink Dogwood (Par 5)

This is your chance to make up some early ground and get ahead of the game before the more challenging holes start. It really is a case of risk versus reward, however, in seasons 2 and 3.

Challenge - Buy a striker from a club that wears pink. First season he must score as many as possible in all comps, must be beaten in second season. If the second season total is lower you automatically receive a double bogey. Must score over 30 first season or get the same punishment.

• Eagle - 60-70 scored
  • Birdie - 50-59 scored
  • Par - 40-49 scored
  • Bogey - 30-39 scored
  • Double Bogey - Under 30

Ilija Nestorovski a.k.a. Mr. Pink

wG5GtkY.png

This is the man who is going to smash Hole 2 and win us an Eagle, hell yes that's obviously our aim for this round. I did an extensive search on pink strikers but this guy was pretty much the stand out guy for this challenge. I need him for 2 seasons so age preferably not over 30, attributes look very decent and most important of all, the candy pink color is lovely!

P8o6Hn3.png

Shooting, Movement, Decisions, all OK, Physicals not top but with training it's a worry less. Overall more than qualified to get me the goals.

Best Game

10Jowgr.png

Oh, a 5-hitter. He's better than I thought. Calm down, mate, I need to top the goal tally in the next season.

First Season Total

NXJPf4s.png

Why the hurry with the first half of this challenge you may ask? Who cares about the first part, it's all about the second part where I need to beat the score of what you see up here 58 goals. Of course I could've hit a much lower number and easily beat it in the coming season but I see no challenge in that at all. I played him in all games and simply got the most out of him, but obviously I had to keep certain smart choices for the coming season or I'd be foolishly landing a Double Bogey. 58 is still very much beatable but there's a slight worry with injuries in particular. If I fail, so be it, it's all about challenging oneself and especially keeping the excitement alive in the 22-season-long marathon, but he's solid, improved quite a bit over the season and with smarter subs, tweaked player roles, and much needed transfers in to strengthen the AMC line with better providers, I'm confident we can go well beyond the 58-mark. Let's go for it, Pinkman!!

Pinkman in the follow-up season..

h4kEm8F.png

He looks a better player after a season in Italy. Attributes have grown into bigger greens, physicals are up to par and just look at his recent form. Full House with 10's, surely this will be a walk in the park.

Best Game

hObQIZO.png

No 5-hitter in his second season unfortunately, but we're delighted with this performance. A handful of these and we're half-way.

Form

OVtY7Ey.png

Definitely nothing that resembles greatness but to his defense he's just hit 30yo and he's focused on beating 58 gls and 60+ for the Eagle. Par? Birdie? Get those out of my face, kids!! Anything less will be a shock and major disappointment. Gimme an EAGLE!!

Best Serie A Player

Qb0UaP9.png

Best European Player

XDUNw0c.png

Having won those awards there's no way we hit under 60 goals. We all know I was always going to hit that mark so let's just see numbers..

Second Season Total

XOPWmPA.png

There it is. A couple in-game injuries got me worried but nothing major fortunately and the Eagle was never in any danger. Top job, Pinkman!

After a tough first hole conceding over the Birdie limit, never mind the Eagle one, we settled for Par and I was more than happy with that. But that 0 score has now become a -2 score having beautifully guided Pinkman to 74 gls well within the 60-70 Eagle range. Perhaps I should PM the madman who created this insanity and beg for an Albatross? Or Hole-In-One? Nahh, knowing him I'd better keep myself on his good side and peacefully accept this result. In all a solid start to this career and bring on Hole 3.

Golfer BatiGoal - Manager Profile

NSLn6pd.png

Not that it matters much but I'm liking those greens on me. Secretly trying to hit a Full House of 20's as a side mission :) but challenge objectives may get in the way of that at some point. We'll try tho.

Challenge Progress - Golf Scorecard

oAHnwqM.png

Eagle noted!

Still early showings here but it's looks OK for now. As long as I keep my score in the minus I'm happy. The next manager that's crazy enough to try and beat my score will have his hands full getting a decent minus score in, let alone completing all challenges :D

Thanks for reading and hope you stick around for the next update. Should be a cracking one.. with lots of hat-tricks :O

What to expect in the next update..

Spoiler

Update 3 - Hole 3

temp flower

Hole 3 - Flowering Peach (Par 4)

Another fairly kind hole early on, however looks can be deceiving. Tread carefully here or risk dropping a few shots, however it's one you should be fine on given you have the whole season to do it.

Challenge - Have as many different players score a hat-trick in one season as possible. All competitions.

• Birdie - 4+ players
  • Par - 3 players
  • Bogey - 2 players
  • Double Bogey - 1 player
  • Triple Bogey - 0 players

Edited by BatiGoal

That's meant to be a birdie as the number you hit first season was meant to be what you aim to beat second season. Scoring 58 means you're playing for the birdie and to get an eagle would require 60-70 in the first season then beating it. That way it stops people just stopping after 30 in the first season.

Seen as it's my fault for not being clear enough I'll give you the eagle anyway as 74 is impressive. We'll say the wind was blowing the right way for you ;)

10 minutes ago, samhardy said:

That's meant to be a birdie as the number you hit first season was meant to be what you aim to beat second season. Scoring 58 means you're playing for the birdie and to get an eagle would require 60-70 in the first season then beating it. That way it stops people just stopping after 30 in the first season.

Seen as it's my fault for not being clear enough I'll give you the eagle anyway as 74 is impressive. We'll say the wind was blowing the right way for you ;)

Ouch :laugh: No problem, thanks but I prefer going with a Birdie in this case.

Honeslty, I wouldn't have changed my strategy even if I knew as I wanted to play the first season with no transfers in and second one with a strengthened squad to beat the first tally. I was hoping to beat 60 in both seasons but came short, simple as that. I did believe I got an Eagle but your explanation makes sense now (y)

50 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Par? Birdie? Get those out of my face, kids!!

Kids, come over here, apologies, changed my mind, I'll have 'em Birdie now, thanks :laugh::'(

23 minutes ago, Jinglebells PriZe said:

To my surprise you are actually doing decent :O 

hope you can keep it up! 

Thanks. Got 6 versatile players able to play up front (yes, did my homework) for hole 3. Hope with some luck I get those hat-tricks. 

The Augusta National Golf Club challenge

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSPQpgB5kn-yTsmd4iE_bN

- challenge link -

Update 3 - Hole 3

temp flower

Hole 3 - Flowering Peach (Par 4)

Another fairly kind hole early on, however looks can be deceiving. Tread carefully here or risk dropping a few shots, however it's one you should be fine on given you have the whole season to do it.

Challenge - Have as many different players score a hat-trick in one season as possible. All competitions.

• Birdie - 4+ players
  • Par - 3 players
  • Bogey - 2 players
  • Double Bogey - 1 player
  • Triple Bogey - 0 players

This is by far the hole I'm best prepared for till now. Mainly because I've had a few seasons to prepare the team and the needed forward players to get me a handful of hat-tricks for a Birdie. It's a challenge I've been looking forward to from the start so I've done my homework well on this one.

Players I'm expecting to produce a hat-trick:

1. Patrick Cutrone - A 23yo Milan youth product that has become my leading striker scoring/assisting 50 last season.
  2. Patrik Schick - Joined on a Bosman from Sampdoria is playing currently for the team on AMR as an Inside Forward.
  3. Andre Silva - Portuguese Striker re-trained into all three attack-midfield positions going strong as a Shadow Striker.
  4. Domenico Berardi - Bargain buy for 40M from Sassuolo helping the team as an Advanced Playmaker next to Silva.
  5. M'Baye Niang - Natural ST / left flank player (AML) scoring and assisting for the team as a Winger / Inside Forward.

(Bonus) Players I'm hoping to produce a hat-trick:

1. Simone Lo Faso - Young Italian prospect for the future taken from Fiorentina. Natural in AML/AMC/AMR + competent ST.
  2. Marco Benassi - A top level Central Midfielder bought from Fiorentina couple seasons ago. Competent in all AM positions.
  3. Hakan Calhanoglu - Mr. Versatility natural / accomplished in 7! positions. From CM to MR to AML to ST. Options galore.
  4. Manuel Locatelli - Another AC Milan product turned into a truly worldclass Central Midfielder and first name on the roster.
  5. Nicolo Barella - (ex-Napoli) Locatelli back-up produces top level performances as a sub and accomplished in the AMC spots.

I never got all of them to produce a hat-trick of course but I started the season with a squad full of options. A manager's dream. Then shuffling with penalty-takers, free kicks and/or tweaking positions in-game, to increase players' hat-trick chances, depending on who's having a better performance on the day or on a brace 1 short of the triple-hitter needed for the challenge. That's basically how I went on about it. Let's see who produced the goods for my Birdie, or..

Hakan Calhanoglu

Nk7hvSc.png

Why not four, right Hakan?

M'Baye Niang

nQtxarB.png

Two in the last 5min one being a late late penalty. Love it.

Andre Silva

iFBsu6v.png

A gorgeous hat-trick Vs Lazio away. We're on Par now.

Domenico Berardi

cUVPdOS.png

There it is! Birdie. 6th min. stoppage time, Sweeet.

Patrik & Patrick

CfzTgYd.png

With a Birdie already noted on the scorecard why not a double hat-trick from Patrik and Patrick just to make sure.

Simone Lo Faso

0kPnmhW.png

Crushing any doubts it's our 7th hat-trick in the form of super sub Lo Faso as an IF.

Golfer BatiGoal - Manager Profile

0o8Ue6y.png

Disappointed with the drop in Discipline, will be extremely tough to get a Full House of 20 this way, but the rest looks good. Making profit too. What a manager I am tho. Worldclass! Not saying it myself, merely reading what it says :P

Challenge Progress - Golf Scorecard

wgGlAIn.png

Birdie noted!

With one Par and two Birdies we're looking pretty good here with the current -2 score. Still lots and lots of holes to play so I'd like to continue to build on this momentum. Not wanting to make too many predictions but surely a score of steeper than -10 should be possible here. If I keep the focus and continue doing my homework 2 to 3 holes in advance I see a respectable score for the next manager to beat. If one dares :)

Thanks for reading and hope you stick around for the next update. Should be a cracking one.. with a massive +GD in just half a season :O

What to expect in the next update..

Spoiler

Update 4 - Hole 4

temp flower

Hole 4 - Flowering Crab Apple (Par 3)

The first Par 3 on the course meaning the first half season challenge for you managers. This is a hole that requires precision and accuracy, and one that is a lot more challenging than originally meets the eye.

Challenge - In half a season (19 league games) you must get as close to the GD of +40, as possible.

• Birdie - Within 5
  • Par - Within 10
  • Bogey - Within 15
  • Double Bogey - More than 15 away