Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career BatiGoal's Augusta National Golf Club Challenge

BatiGoal

I thought we agreed whoever got the first stadium was naming it after a supermarket! Tbh you should have called it Cucumber Park or something. 

PS. Yeah yeah you're smashing it :P

8 hours ago, Moe_Sakr said:

Wow what a run your on. 5 straight birdies. Handicap? What handicap?

Exactly :) thanks mate! 

3 hours ago, Kingsolop said:

I've got to hand it to ya mate. You's showing the challenge who's boss

Thanks, merely setting the benchmark for the next daredevil ;)

49 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I thought we agreed whoever got the first stadium was naming it after a supermarket! Tbh you should have called it Cucumber Park or something. 

PS. Yeah yeah you're smashing it :P

Ah was hoping you'd have forgotten about that conversation. Cucumber Castle? ? didn't think about it tbh, keeping it for the next one. Thanks mate! 

The Augusta National Golf Club Challenge

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSPQpgB5kn-yTsmd4iE_bN

- challenge link -

Update 7 - Hole 7

temp flower

Hole 7 - Pampas (Par 4)

With a medium level of difficulty, this hole has an air of Argentina about it, with it being distinctive for the Pampas grass growing on it. With it being native to Argentina, I'm sure you can guess where the challenge for season 8 will be going.

Challenge - Buy an Argentine winger. Get as many goals and assists combined in all competitions as possible.

• Eagle - 50+ goals + assists
  • Birdie - 40 goals and assists
  • Par - 30 goals and assists
  • Bogey - 20 goals and assists
  • Double Bogey - 19 goals and assists or less

Alright, back with another hole and I'm very much feeling this one. A Winger from Argentina. I like it. And bringing our "Birdie" momentum right into this challenge I see we have another chance to score an Eagle. I narrowly missed out on an earlier Eagle in Hole 2 but I really fancy scoring my very first -2 in this career. 50+ goals/assists, yes, I think I might just know the right player to help me out. Let's get to the business side of things..

Transfers In - Out

JUF2Oyo.png

Shrewd business dealings :) Lots of in and outs but the main ones are right at the top. Looking ahead at the next Holes I'm pretty much settled at my front players for the coming 3 seasons (including a yet-to-find GK-striker for Hole 8 - stay tuned for that in the next update tho) so with that in mind I decided to cash in on a peaking trio Embolo, Schick and Silva rather than having them uselessly on the sub bench for the next 3 seasons seeing them age, deteriorate and complain all the way. Not to mention having their value plummet so best for everyone to wave them goodbye today, cash in big and welcome our new Argentinian hero who's going to attempt to score us an Eagle with his 50+ goals/assists. He didn't come cheap with his 75M pricetag but I need a super solid player for this challenge.

Sebastian Driussi

5qGDPiA.png

Driussi Before and After

M2xhCvc.png

sYZeiSo.png

What a difference a month makes. He looks great nonetheless. He's going to play on the wing (AML) as an Inside Forward so I'm especially pleased with his Shooting among others. He's got that Striker's instinct about him so that's going to help our cause tremendously. Perhaps a little low on Creativity for assists but hey, Messi wasn't available so this is our best guy. Forget his "buggy" wages, I offered him in the 20M range but for some reason he received double that. As long as he delivers I can ignore this screw-up.

Closer look

rwWfOfA.png

Just a green confirmation that we've brought in the right man for the job. Will all these green details matter? Time will tell..

Formation + Tactics

YsuTZ5W.png

An odd-looking shape, very unlike me as I'm a "shape" guy. But since the "fighter jet" formation worked wonders for me during the last couple of holes I thought I'd stick with it rather than switch back to the Batigoals one. So we move the WBL up a few lines to welcome Driussi into the team and give him the IF role. That's all as far as the formation goes. As for the settings, this time I'm going with zero instructions in the final third, no run at defence, no shooting on sight, no early crosses or overlaps, nothing, just keep the opponent guessing I suppose. Main settings to get Argentina scoring/assisting is of course customizing the set pieces to his advantage and going with Passing Focus via left flank. Let's see how that went.

10 games in..

ADOk3hX.png

XweV2DZ.png

What a fabulous start with a hat-trick and an assist. 10 games in and already on 21/50. Am I dreaming??

20 games in..

fmHYM4Z.png

UYqBnz8.png

With a best performance of a brace of goals and assists we're on 31/50 after 20 games. Not nearly as good as our super start but miles ahead of schedule. Can't help but to be super confident right now we're going to smash way past that Eagle. Or..

30 games in..

kG0Zr2G.png

uD9bwhR.png

:O

50/50 after 30 games. And we're still only in January. OMFG I created a MONSTER!!! :D a brace of goals + a hat-trick of assists, thank you very much. I was confident we'd get that Eagle but his performances have gone well beyond my expectations. And we still have half a season left. Well, let's just keep destroying it then and see where it ends..

40 games in..

S9o2rDp.png

gJHbhPt.png

Looks like a few off-day performances kept his score at a "mere" 58/50 but still more than a respectable number to come home with. Tho there's another 10 games I'm giving him to prove what an Argentinian beast this player can be..

50 games in..

kQNaQjF.png

QQRb0Ae.png

What a way to finish this off with another one of his sublime hat-tricks + a brace of assists. No words to describe this guy. I hoped for 50 and I got a fat 73/50. 73. Obviously thrilled and arguably one of the best IF peformances I've seen in my FMM careers over the years. Mucho beer for Driussi :)

Best Player In Italy

HzKGmLV.png

Best Player In Europe

R6Sm4hu.png

Probably a little biased here but I believe this is well and well-deserved.

Golfer BatiGoal - Manager Profile

qeGR7hZ.png

5x 20. Half Billion profit. Please find me a sweeter-looking Manager Profile than this. :P

Challenge Progress - Golf Scorecard

HkRYSbP.png

Eagle noted!

Finally my first Eagle in this career. All those Birdies were getting boring so this is a nice change. Looking back at things tho I'm not sure if perhaps the bar was set "too low" for an Eagle or that I simply had one of my best FMM seasons with a Winger (IF). Either way, I'm happy with how things are progressing here and as I keep telling myself every update, still a long long way to go so we gotta keep the 100% focus for a top score.

Thanks for reading and hope you stick around for the next update. Should be a cracking one.. with.. no, no wait, let me re-read this 100 times, still the same, this can't be right. A Goalkeeper up front? As a striker? Scoring goals? 60? A KEEPER!?!? Who created this madness??? WHO!!!!!!!! :'(

What to expect in the next update..

Spoiler

Update 8 - Hole 8

temp flower

Hole 8 - Yellow Jasmine (Par 5)

A very long and drawn out hole, Yellow Jasmine is ideal for people looking to make up a couple of shots if they are falling down with their score. This two season challenge makes an eagle or a birdie the prime target for this hole.

Challenge - Buy a goalkeeper from a club that wears yellow. He must be played up front, and score as many goals in all competitions in two seasons as possible.

• Eagle - 60 goals
  • Birdie - 45 goals
  • Par - 30 goals
  • Bogey - 20 goals
  • Double Bogey - 19 goals or less

Edited by BatiGoal
2 hours ago, Real_Random said:

Incredible season mate, amazing total and fantastic player. KIU 

Thanks big for the support :)

2 hours ago, veerus said:

Clearly you played this without updating to 9.1 or else you'd get half the goals probably... :)

No no no, you're starting to sound like @PriZe and @samhardy too? :laugh: stop playing down my achievements like those other two BG-wannabees, I simply did amazing :P

Pretty positive I'd have scored the same points if not more lol, but on a slightly more serious note, it's too risky as proven in the past so I never ever run any updates in the middle of a career.

Edited by BatiGoal
4 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Thanks big for the support :)

No no no, you're starting to sound like @PriZe and @samhardy too? :laugh: stop playing down my achievements like those other two BG-wannabees, I simply did amazing :P

Pretty positive I'd have scored the same points if not more lol, but on a slightly more serious note, it's too risky as proven in the past so I never ever run any updates in the middle of a career.

But @veerus is right

1 hour ago, Taff said:

Fantastic work @BatiGoal I’m sure your first of many eagles and Druissi smashed it amazing work

cant wait for the next whole

Certainly hope so, thanks mate! 

32 minutes ago, Titjes said:

doing great @BatiGoal, keep up the good work :D 

Thanks, will keep giving my best. 

1 hour ago, PriZe said:

But @veerus is right

Ahhh shut up, you're just agreeing to whatever suits your cause :laugh:

33 minutes ago, danovic78 said:

Smashed this hole. Good to see those well balanced tactics working well on the EME! ;)

I make a terrible suit look fantastic ;)

Done! - a few words before tonight's update. 

Damnnn, easily one of the toughest challenges I've ever played. Never again. Ever!!! Talking about Hole 8 btw, not the career which isn't even halfway. Lemme give a quick recap of this specific challenge - it takes two lengthy seasons which is why you had to wait three days for the result - the challenge requires playing a GoalKeeper up front and score as many goals as possible in all comps. Having to field a group of top players with a rubbish red dot up front is so so frustrating, you have simply no idea. Miss after miss after miss after miss after miss after miss after miss after miss AARRGGHHH!!!!!!! for two full seasons, man, I'm exhausted. 

OK, not going to reveal too much lol I'd like to hear your predictions before the update in a few hours. 

How many goals do you think I managed to produce with a GK as a striker in two full seasons (115 games to be exact) closest answer wins 1 pt in the Vibe Rankings :laugh:

35 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Done! - a few words before tonight's update. 

Damnnn, easily one of the toughest challenges I've ever played. Never again. Ever!!! Talking about Hole 8 btw, not the career which isn't even halfway. Lemme give a quick recap of this specific challenge - it takes two lengthy seasons which is why you had to wait three days for the result - the challenge requires playing a GoalKeeper up front and score as many goals as possible in all comps. Having to field a group of top players with a rubbish red dot up front is so so frustrating, you have simply no idea. Miss after miss after miss after miss after miss after miss after miss after miss AARRGGHHH!!!!!!! for two full seasons, man, I'm exhausted. 

OK, not going to reveal too much lol I'd like to hear your predictions before the update in a few hours. 

How many goals do you think I managed to produce with a GK as a striker in two full seasons (115 games to be exact) closest answer wins 1 pt in the Vibe Rankings :laugh:

I'll go with 45 over two seasons...

The Augusta National Golf Club Challenge

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSPQpgB5kn-yTsmd4iE_bN

- challenge link -

Update 8 - Hole 8

temp flower

Hole 8 - Yellow Jasmine (Par 5)

A very long and drawn out hole, Yellow Jasmine is ideal for people looking to make up a couple of shots if they are falling down with their score. This two season challenge makes an eagle or a birdie the prime target for this hole.

Challenge - Buy a goalkeeper from a club that wears yellow. He must be played up front, and score as many goals in all competitions in two seasons as possible.

• Eagle - 60 goals
  • Birdie - 45 goals
  • Par - 30 goals
  • Bogey - 20 goals
  • Double Bogey - 19 goals or less

Thanks to those who have sent in predictions. Looking at the numbers (apart from Taff's lol) I'm not too sure asking was the right thing to do :) but this experience has thought me a couple things, such as NEVER EVER play players out of position. Not playing the challenge and applying common sense could've thought me the very same thing hehe! but hey, just doing what madman and challenge creator Samhardy prescribed. Let's just get it on with then and see how the two most recent seasons with a GK upfront unfolded. It wasn't pretty, let me tell you that, so hold on tight.. very tight..

Hole 8 - Season 1

The Yellow Goalkeeper

MA9LDIF.png

From a club that wears yellow - Romania. Not a club, a nation, but creator Sam agreed so Alexandru is eligible for this challenge. In case not I'd have gone for shortlist pick #2, A Dortmund goalie, but never needed to make that phone call. Let me try to explain why I decided to go for this GK as my striker.

Sigh.. I'm pretty sure I did over-think things a little but by the time I realized that it was too late :) looking at this GK page says very little to a manager who's looking for a striker. Where's the Shooting? The Movement? Yikes!!! FFS what do I need?? So I tried to go somewhat sensible and reason that Keepers make potentially -potentially- not terrible Target Men with their Strength and Aerial ability. Tho I must remind him to keep his hands OFF the ball at all times. Some individual re-training essential here. Also, with decent Pace and Decisions he'd make -potentially again- a not so terrible Poacher or Advanced Forward, run Alexandru RUN.. and of course knowing when and when not to run. Stamina not unnecessary too btw keeping him on the pitch for full games could make or break this challenge. Christ, but that Creativity looks so red, who cares tho, we need goals, not assists. Hmmm..what else do I need to value up there? Ahh, Technique, could get me a few goals as well with set pieces, penalties etc so the attributes I value for a GK playing upfront are:

1. Pace
  2. Decisions
  3. Aerial
  4. Technique
  5. Strength
  6. Stamina

The Starting Line-Up

OLZ3q9o.png

This is just one of the many many formations I played. I tried a lone GKstriker, two and even three up front, a sandwiched GKstriker, but never ever did I field a formation where I thought Oh yes, gonna get me some GKgoals here. Simply terrible having a red dot up front, no matter how awesome the tactics and how awesome the teammates. The red dot just sucks BAD!!! TM, as a P, an AF seeing slow opposing defs, even his preferred DF role but zero clicked. The 1 gl per 1000 games remained despite any well-intended tweaks.

Serie A Goals

oCDdJi4.png

Yep, you see that right. 8 goals in a FULL season :laugh: I can laugh now the pain has receded. Tho these are Serie A goals only. There was still the Coppa Italia and CL where he managed a few extra goals.

Goals 9 and 10

tzMAbDE.png

BIuMdXz.png

Not in order OK as these goals were scored mid-season but it makes counting a little easier this way. A lovely goal in the WC final must've been the highlight of this GKstriker's career surely. So there you have it. A whopping 10 goals in season 1 of this challenge. We're half-way and only need another 50 for the Eagle, 35 more for a Birdie or another 20 for Par. I'm totally screwed by this point and my wonderful -7 score up till this point will be torn apart by the end of this gruelling challenge. Tbh I have little motivation to carry on by this point but we gotta pull through in these challenging times.. so we're on 10 goals..

Hole 8 - Season 2

Alexandru Pantilimon

hpVFAd1.png

Looking fine indeed.. for a GK. Just look at this page and these gorgeous greens and imagine you're looking at the page of a striker. Surely your mind goes WHOAAHHH screw LM10 and CR7 - this striker is GODLY, but then searching for that Shooting attribute and not identifying it I fall face first in the mud. Well, unfortunately it's back to the challenge again with zero confidence in reaching respectable numbers..

Frustrating Games

U8IOhAE.png

• Striker struggled to find space
  • Striker struggled to bring teammates into play
  • Striker didn't test opposition keeper enough
  • Striker struggled to win aerial duels
  • Striker struggled to get into the game
  • Snatched at chances

On and on and on and on, miss after miss after miss.. I simply failed big time to get a decent amount of goals in with a GK upfront. Feel the suffering?

Best Compie

pUUPBD3.png

For unknown reasons my Yellow Man performed best in the CL this season scoring a whopping (word used in a bid to boost confidence) 7 goals. That brings us on a huge 17 goals BUT we still have a few Serie A encounters to up this amazing tally. Tho still short of that Eagle (+43 goals needed) Birdie (+18 goals) or a mere Par (+13 gls needed to score). If I haven't lost all my readers by this point pls hang on, you made it this far just a little further and you're done reading what's arguably my worst performance in the modern FMM era. No excuses, other than playing A GK-STRIKER!!!!!!!!

Goal 18, 19 and 20

k7lKU7T.png

6Zcu1dq.png

pkME1JN.png

Yes, this is the end. Final goal tally is 20. I know. Dreadful. Please be kind with the comments, I truly suffered a lot already, no need to rub things in. Congrats Samhardy for coming closest with your prediction. For some reason I'm not surprised :@

Yellow Man in Numbers

UBvv91Z.png

Here you see it but there's nothing to read on this page. It's a mere confirmation that he was brought in and played 115 games to reach 20 goals which aren't there. Goals aren't counted on a GK page. Tho 0 conceded looks awesome. Maybe a record :laugh:

Golfer BatiGoal - Manager Profile

ZVAVf90.png

Still looking hot but I haven't digested the disappointment of this challenge yet so I'll review this page later..

Challenge Progress - Golf Scorecard

gwWCIzf.png

Bogey noted!

Just!! btw, I nearly Double-Bogeyed on this one and you know what, wouldn't even be undeserved tbf. I really don't know what to say, other than that I'm in a way glad FMM is pretty realistic not having any of it with a GK upfront. It's never going to happen of course seeing GKs as striker other than the odd game with injuries etc where GK are sent forward for the dying seconds of a game but never every game in a season. So I'm glad FMM made it impossible to reach big numbers with GKs. Seeing anything above 50 would make the game look downright silly in a way so good to see that's been countered effectively. At my cost unfortunately, and it did put a serious dent in my challenge progress but OK a -6 score is still not terrible at this point all things considered. I'm glad this playing-out-of-position challenge has finally come to an end.

Thanks for reading and hope you stick around for the next update. Should be a cracking one.. with.. a Bournemouth player in Center Midfield? Oh come onnnnn @samhardy how much punishment can a man take??? geezz!!

What to expect in the next update..

Spoiler

Update 9 - Hole 9

temp flower

Hole 9 - Carolina Cherry (Par 4)

Make the most of this hole because after this it really starts to get tricky. You may want to go for the birdie however be careful as if you underestimate it, you'll end up dropping back.

Challenge - Buy an MC from Bournemouth. Total up his goals and assists at the end of the season in all competitions. Then, if his average rating is above 7.00, then add 7 to the total. If it's below 7.00, then remove 7 from the total.

• Birdie - 65 overall
  • Par - 50 overall
  • Bogey - 35 overall
  • Double Bogey - 34 or less overall

Edited by BatiGoal

I wasn't far off, just forgot to add the 0 to the end of my 2

You won't believe me but that's a very decent score for having a GK up front dude, and all the great holes you've played before this one means the bogey hasn't upset the score too much

15 minutes ago, Taff said:

I wasn't far off, just forgot to add the 0 to the end of my 2

You won't believe me but that's a very decent score for having a GK up front dude, and all the great holes you've played before this one means the bogey hasn't upset the score too much

Thanks for restoring my confidence :)

7 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

I clearly have to much belief in the mighty Batigoal and everything I ever believed in has been destroyed. Hopefully my faith can be restored with the next hole

Oh dear, another confirmation that the grotesque numbers of BGliebers are dwindling.. :'(

6 minutes ago, PriZe said:

Oh man this is almost as fun to read as @taff his result in the cc

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_5271.PNG

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Great write up Bati! Would have expected it should be possible to score more tough

Seriously you and Sam need to take that screenshot and........

tumblr_mdjxtxhZrU1r9wybv.gif.fdbd1d105620bfa3bc350b48996ec3fa.gif

Extremely interesting stuff, thanks for the experiment as much as the update. I've dabbled with out field players in goal but that's about it