Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges The Eusébio Challenge

Titjes

Eusébio da Silva Ferreira

Eusebio.JPG.45b9e1a15958931482ef63f2bd360e2b.JPG

Eusébio da Silva Ferreira (25 January 1942 – 5 January 2014) was a Portuguese footballer who played as a striker. Eusébio is considered by many as one of the greatest footballers of all time. During his professional career, he scored 733 goals in 745 matches (41 goals in 64 matches for Portugal).

Nicknamed the Black Panther, the Black Pearl, or o Rei (the King), he was known for his speed, technique, athleticism and his ferocious right-footed shot, making him a prolific goalscorer. He is considered S.L. Benfica's and the Portugal national team's most renowned player and one of the first world-class African-born players.

He helped Portugal reach third place at the 1966 World Cup, being the top goalscorer of the tournament with nine goals (including four in one match against North Korea) and received the Bronze Ball award. He won the Ballon d'Or award for European footballer of the year in 1965 and was runner-up in 1962 and 1966. He played for Benfica for 15 out of his 22 years as a footballer, thus being mainly associated with the Portuguese club. There, he won eleven Primeira Liga titles, five Taça de Portugal titles, a European Cup (1961–62) and helped them reach three additional European Cup finals (1963, 1965, 1968). He is the eighth-highest goalscorer in the history of the European Cup and the second-highest, behind Alfredo Di Stéfano, in the pre-Champions League era with 48 goals. He was the European Cup top scorer in 1964–65, 1965–66 and 1967–68. He also won the Bola de Prata (Primeira Liga top scorer award) a record seven times. He was the first ever player to win the European Golden Boot, in 1968, a feat he replicated in 1973.

Challenge Rules

• Load up Portugal and any other countries and take charge of any Portuguese side (Benfica if you want to make it authentic)
  • You must sign a Portuguese striker.
  • You have a maximum of 15 seasons in which to replicate Eusébio's achievements.
  • You must win at least:
    • 11 League Titles
    • 5 Portuguese Cups
    • 1 Champions Cup
    • Portuguese Top Scorer in at least 7 seasons
    • Beat his record of 473 career goals
    • Beat the tally of 40 League goals in 2 seasons
    • Beat his average of 1,08 goals per match
    • Earn 1 Ballon D'Or
  • Own formations only
  • No unlockables, edited databases, or use of any of the editors.
  • Evidence is required, I'd suggest posting a career thread for us to follow.
  • No cheating - Restarting to avoid injuries counts as cheating!!

Leaderboard

Edited by Titjes

Gonna try this after I finish my current save. 

Fun fact, Eusébio was so good that he scored a goal from direct corner with his left foot, his opposite foot.

6 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Wish I had seen more of this legend other than old videos. Very nice challenge. 

One of the best portuguese players ever (if not the best) :D 

5 hours ago, zaangie said:

Gonna try this after I finish my current save. 

Fun fact, Eusébio was so good that he scored a goal from direct corner with his left foot, his opposite foot.

Good luck :) and did he? that's awesome :D 

3 hours ago, Titjes said:

Good luck :) and did he? that's awesome

Yeah, I thought it was a myth until I saw it in a movie about him released earlier this year.