Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics PriZe presents: The Jesus, a 2-2-3-2-1 EME tactic

PriZe

The Jesus, a 2-2-3-2-1 EME tactic

Hi all! While playing the Three wise man challenge i had to create a tactic that suited a striker with low aerial stats. After some testing i ended up with this tactic which brought me great success! 

Tactical shape

3e2xmLt.png

It's all about your APM's who will be the driving force of this tactic. Make sure you use a fast striker and use well rounded players like Goretzka, Gundogan etc as your dlm's.

Keep an eye our on your wingbacks, low rating at half time? Substitute them because if they have an off day you won't be happy.

Defending instructions

LowVySX.png

Attacking instructions

4AKIAbV.png

Results

AbOqitG.png

Z77EF8D.png

ZSdMOph.png

TQez1aM.png

RJ6HATh.png

H2YIr0w.png

zecGjuZ.png

Final notes

It did really well in the league, but against better opponents it will leak some goals. 

I don't think this is suited for LLM unless your are the strongest team in the league.

As you may have noticed, ratings are screwed in FMM18. So don't expect high ratings for your wingbacks and DLM's. Just look at the ingame stats and you will see that they do what they are supposed to do. Ratings between 6,5-7,0 are to be expected. 

Thanks for reading and enjoy!

Cheers PriZe

Nice tactic. I used to play 4-3-2-1 quite a bit on older versions and this looks like a great update of that. I shall be giving it a try.

And it's nice to include those lesser aerial gifted strikers their moment to shine!

Nicely done dude, a good narrow tactic like this proves you dont need out n out wingers all the time.

Seems this could be a 1kc tactic too.

I like.?

18 minutes ago, PriZe said:

Thanks @Gav77 @Chris Woodward! Interested to see / hear how others find it. I always have a hard time making a tactic for the less gifted strikers:laugh:

No problem dude, ive noticed there is alot of talented players in this years game.

With the right training they turn out to be beasts.

So the idea behind playing WBs slightly up is to make them push further up the pitch, right? Do they lose effectiveness if you keep them in a flat 4 at the back? They still seem to roam up just as much most of the time...? Thoughts?

1 hour ago, veerus said:

So the idea behind playing WBs slightly up is to make them push further up the pitch, right? Do they lose effectiveness if you keep them in a flat 4 at the back? They still seem to roam up just as much most of the time...? Thoughts?

No not exactly. When i had them in the FB spot i found it hard to retain the ball and we got dominated. I noticed both DLM's did a good job dropping back so i moved the WB's up to get a good triangle between the dlm, CB and WB. 

To awnser your question i find the tactic defensively more solid with them moved up the pitch:laugh:

added 0 minutes later
5 minutes ago, Lav50 said:

Gonna take Balotelli for a ride with this lol

Oh! Interested to see how that works out!

:)How to use a CM? Not like the PC version, which can set players to attack or defense, in FMM I can hardly get CMs work very well, so I rarely use them.

6 hours ago, Ares_2 said:

:)How to use a CM? Not like the PC version, which can set players to attack or defense, in FMM I can hardly get CMs work very well, so I rarely use them.

There a bit of a mixed bag. Overall in this tactic it works Ok. Goretzka played as the CM in my three wise men challenge and helped out a lot!

idea is that CM is the glue the left and the right side of the tactic.