Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Are IFs useless since the last update?

Quinnbo

I wouldn't say they're completely useless but they behave how they should now, so don't expect 20 goals from them but a top inside forward could get 15 goal in a season and lot more assists

Still... it's like Nerfing & Turning Messi into a Piece of Junk...

Sad times... hope they could improve the IFs a bit to go with the liking of many ( myself included )

13 hours ago, Dar J said:

I wouldn't say they're completely useless but they behave how they should now, so don't expect 20 goals from them but a top inside forward could get 15 goal in a season and lot more assists

?? Exactly,people liked it when they were scoring 50 goals,the bug favoured them.Imagine IF going to ST when he isn't with the ball,that's how the goals came.

added 0 minutes later

My suggestion for you,change your tactics,stop playing on the flanks,and play through balls to the center.

Surely if you wanted them to score more you'd play them as a striker??

I never used to use them personally as I found they would always end up within a few yards of the striker which wouldn't really work in a real game of football as the attacking team would more often than not get crowded out in the box, yet in the FMM match engine this would generate far too many goals and so I seen it as a bit of an easy win.. Since the tweak however they behave in a much more realistic way, using the space on the flanks before cutting inside

11 minutes ago, Quinnbo said:

I never said they ruined the game :S

I'm Bognor Regis, so have never experienced them scoring so many goals.  Wish i did!

:laugh::laugh: it can be a a right scrap in the lower leagues... suppose you'd never notice IFs being overpowered down there!!

1 hour ago, Twister045 said:

Surely if you wanted them to score more you'd play them as a striker??

I never used to use them personally as I found they would always end up within a few yards of the striker which wouldn't really work in a real game of football as the attacking team would more often than not get crowded out in the box, yet in the FMM match engine this would generate far too many goals and so I seen it as a bit of an easy win.. Since the tweak however they behave in a much more realistic way, using the space on the flanks before cutting inside

Exactly. ??

I've only played 4-5 games after the update with no strikers and an INF and he was still the player who had most shots/goals. 

SI need to improve strikers to be better at holding the ball up/linking up with midfielders and not taking shots from 25+ yards so often, if that happens it will improve the EME and INFs will be useful again in most formations.

50 minutes ago, haykay said:

???? Now it's the strikers,why don't SI improve the Defenders so they can Score too.

Plus the goalkeeper for that matter ????... So that everyone on the pitch can score

10 minutes ago, FARADiLLA said:

Plus the goalkeeper for that matter ????... So that everyone on the pitch can score

?????? Good one.

1 hour ago, haykay said:

???? Now it's the strikers,why don't SI improve the Defenders so they can Score too.

Is this to me? Might want to read what I posted until you understand it.

I read it,and I understood it,because you played without striker,and the IF's were scoring indirectly meaning it's the striker stopping them from scoring because they don't have good hold up/link up.

2 hours ago, Scott said:

I've only played 4-5 games after the update with no strikers and an INF and he was still the player who had most shots/goals. 

SI need to improve strikers to be better at holding the ball up/linking up with midfielders and not taking shots from 25+ yards so often, if that happens it will improve the EME and INFs will be useful again in most formations.

If you set up the tactic well and choose the right role the striker won't take that much shots.

My DLF has the most assists this season in my team and he has also scored a lot of holes as well 

2 minutes ago, Dar J said:

If you set up the tactic well and choose the right role the striker won't take that much shots.

My DLF has the most assists this season in my team and he has also scored a lot of holes as well 

Yes,this is very true.

DLF's are mostly for Linking to the Midfield and also bringing out the best in IF's.

Just now, haykay said:

Yes,this is very true.

DLF's are mostly for Linking to the Midfield and also bringing out the best in IF's.

Screenshot_2017-12-28-17-21-07.thumb.png.b7095927b8f772c5b9301420e4bda2ab.png

That's my DLF and 17 assists for a striker that scores as much goal as he does is a lot

2 minutes ago, Dar J said:

Who was the DLF assisting, strike partner/INF/attacking mid?

I know the EME works great with certain formations/instructions and is terrible with others but I can't be bothered to test everything :laugh:

1 hour ago, FARADiLLA said:

Might as well make the ref blind like in some real life cases

51 minutes ago, Dar J said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=869884a60f0c133dScreenshot_2017-12-28-17-21-07.thumb.png.b7095927b8f772c5b9301420e4bda2ab.png

That's my DLF and 17 assists for a striker that scores as much goal as he does is a lot

Nice.

added 0 minutes later
7 minutes ago, sharaziuk said:

Might as well make the ref blind like in some real life cases

??? This killed it! ? ??