Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Home Nations Triple Threat

samhardy

23 hours ago, Taff said:

Hell Woodburn is immense involved in 113 goals in 1 season thats massive, and nice to see DCL finally up his game (better late than Never)

Yep he's certainly been the key man!

Interesting developments coming tomorrow... :O

Here we go then... :O

14 goals were needed to get this completed and it's safe to say they weren't wasting any time!

We got off to a slow start in this save but we've got where we wanted eventually. Hoped it wouldn't have took this long but so be it.

Game 1

Screenshot_2018-02-26-20-01-47.thumb.png.e01d31afbe8dd22621e01cad00406fea.png

A Woodburn brace gets us 2 closer to the target in a comfortable German Super Cup victory.

Game 2

Screenshot_2018-02-26-20-12-36.thumb.png.8a1bf944403473bdbdbe734aa47d059e.png

We demolish Monaco to claim the Euro Super Cup with Paterson securing a brilliant first half hatrick! 7 to go.

Now for the German Cup 1st round.. Always against a semi pro side and I won't lie I was expecting to complete the challenge this game...

Game 3

Screenshot_2018-02-26-20-12-28.thumb.png.18e7f9dc60fbfc1058558600225a4909.png

But unfortunately Sasel had other ideas :( 7-0 is actually really poor for this round as it's usually a double figures certainty.

3 to go as we open up the league season against Freiburg...

Screenshot_2018-02-26-20-18-09.thumb.png.d4d5d42c9f2e3d7743f99f4ff0968448.png

3-0 at HT then they just capitulated! One of our biggest league wins in the game where we needed it!

Challenge Complete

Totals

• Ben Woodburn - 651
  • Dominic Calvert-Lewin - 487
  • Callum Paterson - 363
  • Total - 1501/1500

@danovic78

Thanks for everyone for their support during this career. I'll be doing an update in a few days regarding tactics, key players etc so if anyone has any screenshot requests just ask.

Regarding the career, I'll now be focusing on getting Woodburn to the 1K and beyond.

2 minutes ago, sduncan0312 said:

Better be @samhardy !! I have a recorded to reclaim! 

Which record, the assist one? If so I wouldn't get your hopes up too much as I'm pretty sure that was a freak season! Never got anywhere near 66 before or after :(

I hit 58/59 a few Times. Then you just obliterated it! I keep trying, but my career that I set it in is in like it’s last 3/4 years so not many players with great stamina. 

Final TT update

Here is the extremely delayed update regarding a brief tactics look and key players from this save.

We'll start off my having a look at 3 vital members of the supporting cast. Now there was a lot of injuries that struck the squad throughout this save so it's no coincidence that the three that stayed injury free are the ones finding themselves as the most important.

Aymeric Laporte

Screenshot_2018-03-16-11-17-38.thumb.png.961a484277adeb940e53bed87fa719eb.png

Everyone's heard of this guy as he's been one of the most reliable centre backs in the series for years. I bought him in the first season and he's been a mainstay in defence for each one of those seasons only this year losing his place at 33 years old. Look at his last season, 10 assists from centre back! Incredible numbers but unfortunately an injury over the summer and not being fit at the start of the season means he's given way to a younger replacement.

Spoiler

Screenshot_2018-03-12-11-39-52.thumb.png.070854a3352dac339ce85a41209d1446.pngScreenshot_2018-03-12-11-39-55.thumb.png.2784a563e17b3344aa1125bcf68f5593.png

Kylian Mbappe

I doubt many of you will have heard of this guy tbh as I'm fairly sure he's quite an obscure name in the world of football. Another player bought in early on and has been one of the main suppliers of goals and assists from midfield throughout. I managed to successfully retrain him as an MC somehow and who'd have thought he'd make a world class BBM :P APM was his main role but that didn't stop him from helping himself to loads of goals.

No screenshot of his attributes sorry :(

Spoiler

Screenshot_2018-03-12-11-41-38.thumb.png.b2c0210ea46e08672753fbf47259edd0.pngScreenshot_2018-03-12-11-41-41.thumb.png.28e143edb350c02533dc44e067cb4a16.png

Joshua Kimmich

Screenshot_2018-03-16-11-17-23.thumb.png.c149faf2331257179d1fe4001c641b58.png

Now onto the main guy from this save, what I have managed to do with him is simply incredible! A RB by trade but can also play in the centre of midfield yet he's been all over the right side for me, wing back, winger and even an inside forward at times! He hasn't even been retrained at all yet with how all rounded his stats are he's been successful every position he's played. Last season he managed an incredible 66 assists and has also scored a heap of goals throughout the save. The captain of the side but probably sadly only got a couple of seasons left in him.

Spoiler

I'm keeping his assists tally secret till the end of the Woodburn 1KC/till Kimmich retires as I want to add him into the assists leaderboard :P

Tactics

The first thing I'll say is that while tactics are nice the main reason I've been as successful as I have been in this save is having the best squad in the game all the way through which really hasn't made things that difficult. These I can almost guarantee won't work with average players.

The instructions were changed with regularity throughout the save so any requests to see these will be ignored.

This is the main tactic I stuck to throughout the TT:

Screenshot_2018-03-12-11-51-57.thumb.png.01272e756d9c950a50245c763ad5f011.png

And was the starting point at the beginning of each season and when playing matches against the "stronger" teams. The wingbacks have a bit of a free role in this system and often find themselves deployed as wingers as the world class back 3 can cover for them, which is why they end up with so many assists. I made sure the LCB was naturally left footed and vice versa. Mbappe has been a God at BBM in this system and the main 3 up top's roles I hardly ever touched.

Now onto the system I used against mid-table to slightly lower quality teams.

Screenshot_2018-03-12-11-58-27.thumb.png.9f3c359ad57c8d78476cc05b7ed0f5a7.png

A small tweak to the first one but it's that tweak that makes you realise just how broken the match engine is. Oschmann is one of the most important members of the squad as the idea is being a defensive midfielder he drops back whilst the wingbacks bomb forward. The quality of opposition this was used against meant 99/100 times you just comprehensively outscore the opposition.

Almost everything works on this match engine which is why it frustrates a lot of tactic creators when people are insistent on vibe that nothing works. Just look above, if that works then surely you can put something together that wins a league title ffs. Do the thinking yourself, where the fun of this game is meant to come from not letting other people to it for you ;)

However the above tactic is nothing compared to this beast. Whilst I'd love to say this works against good teams sadly the reality is I only use this against semi-pro teams in the German Cup or useless European outfits :(

Screenshot_2018-03-12-11-55-57.thumb.png.fecb96a471371e1a6e3c43f2086c54d2.png

When carrying out goal challenges the matches against lower league opposition are key to big totals every season so get as many attacking roles in there as possible and bang a poor start to the season turns into a decent one as you demolish a third tier side 12-0. 19-0 is my best result that is somewhere in the Books of Records.

What next?

I'll be continuing to update this save, albeit at a slower pace, until Woodburn reaches the 1K and possibly beyond. Don't recall me ever hitting a 100 goal season with a striker before so that's another aim.

One last thing, it was just as well I got this finished this season :O

Screenshot_2018-03-18-23-30-52.thumb.png.376d9c52c538a3627c38766c03f8de84.png

At just 33!

Thanks for reading and hopefully you found this interesting.

Brilliant stuff Sam....

Your right though, those small tweaks do help loads(as i am finding out at a rapid rate).

Well done dude. (y)

Great stuff mate, Laporte was a tank in my DT career too, sold him on to Madrid when he hit 32. Him and Marquinhos as a CB pairing is just god like <3 Couldn’t agree more with when you say everything works on this engine. I don’t think I’ve made a tactic this year that’s “failed” 

Paterson :(. Erm will you be getting a kid?? As erm he's responsible for Colin Sale and that would make them related in a weird way?!!? Does that make us related? Omg this just got bizarre!! 

Quality update though and plenty of food for thought! Mbappe as a BBM has really caught my imagination!