Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Reserve Teams

Hey there! I'm not sure if this has been posted before, if so then apologies, but I hve been getting somestress from my Reserve Team. I am currently managing Brighton and Hove Albion, an English club, which means the Reserve Team doesn't actually have a league. I thought however that the players in my Reserve Teams would have generated match ratings to help their development.

Something I noticed though is that by the end of my second season my youth players still don't have any generated form, average ratings or played matches in their career tab thingy. My question now is, do the players in my Reserve Team get development as if they do play matches (they just aren't displayed) or do they need to be loaned out? Thanks in advance for your replies

For players in your reserve team, player growth is simulated as if the players get regular reserve football, but no history is recorded (presumably for performance reasons). 

I think loans are preferable but some very young players might not be able to cope with regular first team football, so I tend to avoid loaning players out until the age of 18/19. However, I do make exceptions for exceptional players whose mental stats and personalities suggest they are up to the task.

Edited by Fish18ish

^^Thanks, I read it and it did help me to figure what works best, though my only question that remains is whether my reserve team plays matches as well

^Thanks to you too, you answered my remaining question as well