Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career 500 Challenge Attempt

Challenge rules etc 

I went for city using a variation of my 3-2-2-1-2.  For a less attacking possession based tactic. Sold all big players but held onto a couple of defenders, Jesus and Sterling. 

Got desperate near the end so a few went for fractions of their value. A few went into player trades for players not as good as themselves.

Magic Number of 485 and Sterling still to be sold will be able to add to squad come January window. 

When this squad Gels it will take some beating but will I be sacked first ?

Screenshot_2018-01-07-03-28-34.png

Screenshot_2018-01-07-03-23-18.png

Screenshot_2018-01-07-03-23-23.png

Screenshot_2018-01-07-03-31-37.png

Screenshot_2018-01-07-03-31-42.png

Screenshot_2018-01-07-03-31-51.png

Screenshot_2018-01-07-03-31-56.png

Edited by Pippers87

October 1st update

After the fist friendly loss to Watford, I decided to change tactic. Kept the same shape but went back to high pressing, quick tempo, short passing game.

Over the course of the fist few games I seen moves break down too often, attackers not winning in the air so I Changed one attacking role to ADF and AM to Trequataista, took off early crosses. Went for through balls and working into box, and running.

It has paid off sitting to of League and hammered Real in Champions League. 

Screenshot_2018-01-07-17-43-07.png

Screenshot_2018-01-07-17-43-41.png

Screenshot_2018-01-07-17-44-42.png

Screenshot_2018-01-07-17-45-16.png

Feb 1st Update.

Injury crisis hit around mid October, caused a few losses and couple of draws. Still a few more injuries hit around Christmas due to only having 22 players made things tight for a while. Had back to back games VS Liverpool, fielded a fairly all over the place team for the cup Match and was hammered of the park. 

January Window

Left myself over covered with attacking midfielders that could not cover other positions( I do not like yellow players). Sold Januazi, Otemendi, Ederson, and Simone. Bought Ginter, Calabira, Ward Prowse and Carvlaho and a 16 year old Welsh Keeper. A few of these can play in different positions. 

Tinkered with formation now using a DM playing as DLP to give me some more cover and help increase possession stats. 

competitions

Topping the league. United have 2 games in hand but hopeful new signings will steady the ship. 

Jesus, Traore and Sterling banging them in but a good spread of goals. Score more and conceded less than anybody else.

Europe

Best Madrid both home and away. Topped the group, have PSG next round. 

Domestic Cups

Out of both. Injury crisis hit hard round Christmas. Liverpool knocked me out of League Cup. Coventry beat me on penalties after a replay in third round FA cup. I had a second string combined with a makeshift defence for both games. 

Screenshot_2018-01-08-00-58-42.png

Screenshot_2018-01-08-00-58-47.png

Screenshot_2018-01-08-00-59-01.png

Screenshot_2018-01-08-00-59-33.png

Screenshot_2018-01-08-01-01-51.png

Screenshot_2018-01-08-01-02-03.png

Screenshot_2018-01-08-01-02-12.png

End of Season Update

Won the league and European Cup. The League was wrapped up in April. So I used the rest if the games to test a couple of new formations. One I had some good success with plenty of goals and will fine tune it for again.

Champions Cup 

Injury crisis again nearly derailed it. Traore, Silva and Jesus all out for over a month at the same time. Fluked it to be honest in the final. 

Over all verdict of challenge

Defo worth a go. I went with city because of the money available and sellable assets but Sterling, Silva, Stones and Jesus all young players made a massive difference. 

If anybody is going to make an attempt at it good luck its quite fun and gives great knowledge about developing younger players.