Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A little introduction....

Woody

Hey everyone, 

As most of you have done on of these i thought i might aswell give out a few little tidbits about myself.

So 1st things 1st....my name is Chris, i'm 38 going on 5. Most of my mates call me Woody(might change my screen name to it...not sure yet), i am born and bred in splendid Stoke On Trent.

I live in a lovely town called Trentham which is 15 minute walk from the BET365 Stadium. I hate Stoke City, my dad is a huge Stoke fan and he hates the fact that i don't, i am infact a Toon fan. 

It's my grandads fault, he was born in Gateshead and moved down to the midlands when the mines were closing during the 50's, he introduced me to the great Jackie Milburn and it just took of from there!

Actually my 1st ever game was Port Vale v Charlton in 1986 i think it was, so i have a soft spot for the Valiants.

I've been an FM fan since the CM days on the Amiga, i was instantly hooked.

Since my 2 kids were born i've not had the time to play the PC version much if at all so FMM has given me that buzz back that i had in my more opportunistic younger life.

Being part of the Vibe community has given me the chance to come together with a great bunch of FMM fans that not only help make our game more enjoyable but see it in a different light! 

Last years game really brought home how much this community ignites each of us in to achieving some insane things...the 1kc for instance, i never thought i could do it but i did but only because i had the support and banter of my fellow Vibers.

Thanks for making this sad 38 year old welcome ?

1 hour ago, Chris Woodward said:

Since my 2 kids were born i've not had the time to play the PC version much if at all so FMM has given me that buzz back that i had in my more opportunistic younger life.

This could be a page out of my own book. And probably out of many of ours I'm afraid lol

1 hour ago, Chris Woodward said:

And so is this unfortunately tho you're still younger than me but not by a lot ? 

Great to have you here (y)

6 hours ago, Ashez said:

Welcome, you've been a great addition to the Vibe family :D

Cheers dude.

5 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

This could be a page out of my own book. And probably out of many of ours I'm afraid lol

And so is this unfortunately tho you're still younger than me but not by a lot ? 

Great to have you here (y)

So it's becoming a distraction for dads...i like that ?

Great to know more about you Woody.

11 hours ago, Chris Woodward said:

Being part of the Vibe community has given me the chance to come together with a great bunch of FMM fans that not only help make our game more enjoyable but see it in a different light! 

Same here.

As Bati says, your story is similar to many of ours. I too am a dad of 2 and it was a choice between full fat FM or being a parent. No one would take the kids so FM10 was my last.

I didn't discover FMM (FMH) until 14/15 and up till then I was still playing CM03/04 (beauty of a game) on the PC  

Like youself I was a CM early player back in the days of the green box when real players couldn't be used. The next instalment gave us real names and about 5 attributes iirc. FMM and Vibe in particular brings a new dimension to the game and is in depth enough for those of us with busy lives. 

2 hours ago, FuddledFox said:

Great to know more about you Woody.

Same here.

?

2 hours ago, billy2shots said:

As Bati says, your story is similar to many of ours. I too am a dad of 2 and it was a choice between full fat FM or being a parent. No one would take the kids so FM10 was my last.

I didn't discover FMM (FMH) until 14/15 and up till then I was still playing CM03/04 (beauty of a game) on the PC  

Like youself I was a CM early player back in the days of the green box when real players couldn't be used. The next instalment gave us real names and about 5 attributes iirc. FMM and Vibe in particular brings a new dimension to the game and is in depth enough for those of us with busy lives. 

The memories eh? Those were the days.

13 hours ago, Chris Woodward said:

Most of my mates call me Woody(might change my screen name to it...not sure yet)

Go for it as its very easy to do and you can always change it back if you want to.

We need to change the site name from Vibe to Dads for FMM

Welcome Woody, as Ash said you've been a great addition and long may your contributions continue

Out of curiosity how old are the kids, We didn't plan ours very well as both celebrate their birthdays in December my son just turned 2 and my daughter 17 (7 really but might as well be 17 from the attitude I'm getting)

15 hours ago, Chris Woodward said:

Hey everyone, 

As most of you have done on of these i thought i might aswell give out a few little tidbits about myself.

So 1st things 1st....my name is Chris, i'm 38 going on 5. Most of my mates call me Woody(might change my screen name to it...not sure yet), i am born and bred in splendid Stoke On Trent.

I live in a lovely town called Trentham which is 15 minute walk from the BET365 Stadium. I hate Stoke City, my dad is a huge Stoke fan and he hates the fact that i don't, i am infact a Toon fan. 

It's my grandads fault, he was born in Gateshead and moved down to the midlands when the mines were closing during the 50's, he introduced me to the great Jackie Milburn and it just took of from there!

Actually my 1st ever game was Port Vale v Charlton in 1986 i think it was, so i have a soft spot for the Valiants.

I've been an FM fan since the CM days on the Amiga, i was instantly hooked.

Last years game really brought home how much this community ignites each of us in to achieving some insane things...the 1kc for instance, i never thought i could do it but i did but only because i had the support and banter of my fellow Vibers.

Aw my wasted school holidays on the Amiga....When Chris Bart-Williams and Nii Lamptey were kings! :O

1 hour ago, Taff said:

We need to change the site name from Vibe to Dads for FMM

Welcome Woody, as Ash said you've been a great addition and long may your contributions continue

Out of curiosity how old are the kids, We didn't plan ours very well as both celebrate their birthdays in December my son just turned 2 and my daughter 17 (7 really but might as well be 17 from the attitude I'm getting)

My girl is 8 and my lad is 10. He loves cars more than footy.

31 minutes ago, danovic78 said:

Aw my wasted school holidays on the Amiga....When Chris Bart-Williams and Nii Lamptey were kings! :O

Lamptey was a total legend, lee Philpott at Leicestertoo and if you didnt have the update you couldnt buy foreign players. 

Player personalities were key too.

29 minutes ago, Chris Woodward said:

So you know what I'm talking about the girls being 8 going on 18, and my lad is obsessed with Diggers, Buses, Tractors Motorbike anything like that, but it's weird how boys pick this stuff up, I never sat him down and said look dude here's the awesome world of Diggers, he just loves them, plus the fact I work for the railway so I have to bring him down to the station every now and again to take little trips on the train

54 minutes ago, Chris Woodward said:

Lamptey was a total legend, lee Philpott at Leicestertoo and if you didnt have the update you couldnt buy foreign players. 

Player personalities were key too.

That's right. I also loved "Expected to move aboard at the end of the season"  You never knew how much you would get for them! :D

2 hours ago, PriZe said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5747285

@Chris Woodward Woody nailing his first 1kc :) 

Ok sorry for the lame gif:laugh: welcome mate! Any tips on handeling my 1 year old daughter more then welcome! :)

Haha thats quality.

Any tips you say!...hmmm just go with the flow mate. Im very close to my daughter, I was hopeless with my lad as it was all new to me. I had learnt alot by the time Katie was born hence i smothered her abit lol. 

I found a little rough play worked loads...but thats just how we bonded.