Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Ashez Vs Samhardy At The Crucible

Ashez

Haha, great update. I visualize two actual snooker players at the table while reading through the update. Amusing stuff (y)

Your chance to take this frame now, Ashez, come on!! 

10 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Haha, great update. I visualize two actual snooker players at the table while reading through the update. Amusing stuff (y)

Your chance to take this frame now, Ashez, come on!! 

Not gunna lie Sam had a better start than I expected, such a fluker! 

Ashez Vs Samhardy At The Crucible

It appears this concept is going over people's heads which I half expected, so in this update I'll try and explain things more. 

The basic concept for starting my turn is i pick one of the strikers in the squad who previously played with a shirt with red on, for example Sam used Berahino in his update who played in the red and white of Stoke (as he scored he's removed from play, Wilson failed to score so he's still available). If my red scores I then select a striker who used to wear yellow, in this case it's Bakambu from Villarreal. If he scores I'll have to select another available red, if he also scores I'll then climb the colour ladder and instead of using the yellow player, I'll use the green. A red goal is worth 1 point while the colours value increases as you climb the ladder. The only two exceptions to this rule is if your red scores a hat trick you move on to the black instantly (the highest pointed ball) or if your red fails to finish the match which is a foul and points to the opposition. The mind game there is do you leave him on in hope of a hat trick or do you remove him from the field once he's scored to remove the risk of injury/sending off? 

Ashez - First Visit

The Red Of Choice

7h4ScRw.jpg

Paul is fast becoming one of my favourite strikers on 2018 and if time allows I am debating doing a 1kc with him. Anyway that's besides the point! 

Does The Red Pot?

zWIJYQP.jpg

It was never in doubt as the red drops in the heart of the pocket! A dream start to the visit as I fall perfectly on to the black! 

The Black Ball? 

As Sam relieved in his update the black is Mario Mandzukic who qualifies due to the black and white shirt of Juventus. 

The Shot

MYzmiHQ.jpg

Absolute scenes at the Crucible as Ashez rattles the black! What a miss and such a wasted opportunity.

97oWTzw.jpg

The ball bounced from cushion to cushion in the pocket and rolled to safety! 

End Of Visit

With that my turn/break/visit is over so the save returns to Sam so he can attempt to build on his score. Bloody disappointed in truth as the hat trick was the perfect start and I thought old Mario would deliver the goods but it just wasn't to be! For the record four of those goals were from corners with the one being a rebounded Mario shot, like he should have scored :@. Well that's how FMM'in goes! I'm not worried yet as plenty of difficult balls remain and we'll hopefully have multiple frames/rounds. 

Score Board

Frame One
SamHardy - 20
Ashez - 1

As always thank you for viewing and please remember to leave a comment.

NOOOOOO come on Mario what are you playing at, unlucky Ash, great start with the hat trick but a shame about the Black, you'll be back at the table before you know it

2 hours ago, FuddledFox said:

Yep starting to get this now thanks to your explanation. Real missed opportunity with Mandzukic!

That's good then, like I said even I'm struggling to get my head around it so if anyone has any questions just ask :). 

2 hours ago, Taff said:

NOOOOOO come on Mario what are you playing at, unlucky Ash, great start with the hat trick but a shame about the Black, you'll be back at the table before you know it

Tell me about it! When he got the hat trick I was like here we bloody go boys. I was gutted when he didn't score but that's the luck element of the challenge for you.

6 hours ago, Paul186 said:

Tough luck, Ashez, so Sam score of 20 looks very good now.

Plenty of time left for change i'm sure :P

6 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Oh no!! So unlucky. :( I'd displine that $&#!! 

I can see Sam's cheeky smile as he leaves his chair to continue play.. 

It was extremely frustrating! At least I got the red potted as that would have been awkward, especially as I wanted to try make things clearer haha. 

6 hours ago, PriZe said:

Still no clue but that scores screams #Team @samhardy is going for the win!

YouTube snooker!!

3 hours ago, kylieboi88 said:

What a cracking update. This concept has got me hooked. Hope to see some more content fast! 

Cheers for re explaining also @Ashez

Defo following this one!

Delighted to hear that :D

2 hours ago, Titjes said:

Still don't understand most of it, but it's fun to read anyways :) Keep us entertained guys ;) 

Hopefully it becomes clearer as we go lol

2 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

As you are passing the save between the two of you does that mean you know each other's tactics or is their some gamesmanship going on when you do the file transfers.

Not on my part as Sam knows my 2018 tactic anyway so no point trying to hide it lol. Sam left his on and he gave me grief for changing it as he didn't save it haha. I would usually remove my tactic when I share saves though, even if I send them to SI I clear it lol, screw sharing my beast with them haha. 

The Next Visit

Hello everyone and happy Masters Snooker day! In reality we've already seen the world's best player depart but can the clearly superior FMMer that is myself come out on top in this matchup? I trust that you all understand the concept better now after Ash's effort so hopefully this update will firmly lodge it in your brains even more! With that in mind Sexy Sue and Chris Kamara will be given a break for the time being but I can't rule out a return later on in this match.

Red of Choice - Callum Wilson

He missed the opportunity when I attempted to score with him the first time so does he improve this time and bag the all important goal?

Screenshot_2018-01-12-11-52-18.thumb.png.a8e2e4930b2a486b338df906dc062138.png

Good start to the break from Sam as he attempts to "Punish the non-punishment" from Ash's last visit. Onto the yellow ball now which as previously revealed is Cedric Bakambu signed from Villarreal.

Screenshot_2018-01-12-11-52-24.thumb.png.9f35feef45ca9c0fd1ff16f964c75d43.png

Lovely shot once again and this could be the start of a break that could take the frame away from Ashez.

Next Red of Choice - Luiz Adriano

Screenshot_2018-01-12-11-52-29.thumb.png.c0681a96163af7e79e1bcc0c1d425bec.png

Another goal from the striker of choice in a comfortable victory. Hopefully this can continue as we look towards the green of Leigh Griffiths.

Screenshot_2018-01-12-11-52-34.thumb.png.08fcaec3e018db2111ad0bd34502cbdc.png

A bit of a kick upon connection there but the green makes it's way into the pocket! Not convincing but progression is progression.

Next Red + Colour - Yoshinori Muto + Ashley Barnes

Screenshot_2018-01-12-11-52-40.thumb.png.2a06998e3adb0e9f2d106293341be246.pngScreenshot_2018-01-12-11-52-51.thumb.png.caeb04c4a6633e078d402d1d6f20cab8.png

Two more nice shots add another 5 points to this break. Would have liked Bale's hat-trick to go to Muto but no complaints here. Barnes consolidates the superiority in this frame so far with a late strike against Eibar.

The Next Red - I can't remember

Not a joke - I genuinely can't remember who it was. Let's have a rummage through my screenshots. Ah yes... Emmanuel Emenike.

Screenshot_2018-01-12-11-52-57.thumb.png.ce9a94fd3e4a61bb4a096189826c363e.png

Golazo

And the blue... Batshuayi... Does the break continue?

Screenshot_2018-01-12-11-53-02.thumb.png.31888a27f11f0dbb0a86b506b6358147.png

The scenes just keep on coming here at the Crucible Theatre as Sam overcuts the blue! Another chance will be presented to Ashez and surely he has to make the most of this one.

Frame 1 - Ashez* 1-33 samhardy

So the only color that remains a mystery is pink. Hopefully @Ashez gets to spin around the complete set of colors in his turn and wipe that bullyish smile off of Sam's face or I'll switch teams :D

Ashez Vs Samhardy At The Crucible

Sam is starting to run away with the frame after his latest visit placed him 32 points ahead of his greatest rival. Ashez approached the table tapping the side acknowledging the showing Sam had shown and the awkward situation he'd been left in. After a few walks around the table and angle checks Ashez settles on a long red into the corner pocket, it's almost do or die now for the Englishman. 

The Long Red

u77xJk3.jpg

I've always been a big fan of Shane Long, he might not score many but I appreciate the work he puts in. 

Does It Pot?

IZumWDe.jpg

You're damn right it pots as Ashez hits the red at pace into the centre of the pocket! Expertly done as the white ball gently rolls into the perfect position for the black! 

Redemption?

On Ashez's last visit he rattled the black and potentially handed Sam the frame with that error and now the pressure is on. Ashez rested on to his cue and pulled back......

QgVJ6AB.jpg

The black sinks into the pocket and this frame is back on! 

The Next Red

M1xBOCW.jpg

It's an awkward pot but it does go, if Ashez has any chance in this frame he needs to take advantage of the situation. 

Advantage Ashez Or Sam?

lsT8l47.jpg

The advantage and likely the first frame of this contest goes to Sam after Ashez bottles another opportunity. He's had two excellent starts to his visits but he's been unable to punish his opponent.

The Replay

KXqhHCc.jpg

On a second viewing it was a poor effort from our underdog as it was never going in. Ashez must really up his game if he's to stand a chance in this final. 

Score Board

Frame One
SamHardy - 33
Ashez - 9

Sam makes his way to the table with a cocky smile only he could have but this tie has some life in it yet as a number of the remaining balls are awkward. The question remains will Sam make a mistake and if he does can Ashez take advantage? This is why we love this beautiful game!

As always thank you for viewing and please remember to leave a comment.

2 hours ago, Paul186 said:

This is an interesting read, shame Ashez can't pot some more Balls, I think Sam has got this frame in the bag.

Some tough ones left so I'm hoping luck favours me, I expect some of these could take multiple visits so I'm not giving up just yet haha. 

Clearly Sam sabotaged the save before passing it on to you. He turned the players against you, Ash, can't trust that Sunderland sob. Can't trust him. (n)