Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Ashez Vs Samhardy At The Crucible

Ashez

Ashez Vs Samhardy At The Crucible

2017 was no stranger to heavyweight clashes in the sporting world as many a event saw two greats of their industry come head to head in mouth watering contests. Be it Jose vs Pep, Mayweather vs McGregor or Roman Reigns vs The Undertaker we witnessed greatness and unmatched drama. 

Well viewers today we'll be starting 2018 on equal footing as it's time for Ashez to meet @samhardy at the Crucible in what will be the greatest Snooker contest of all time! Yes your read that correctly as Sam and myself have decided to bring something different to the table (pun intended).

screenshot-total-snooker-free-app-game.j

It's a new arena but our rivalry runs deep and with our love of Snooker I'm ecstatic to see how Vibe responds to this new type of content. 

With the concept out the way let's introduce our competitors! 

The Competitors

"The Englishman has had a stellar campaign leading up to this Crucible final as he claimed the prestigious Challenge Cup trophy earlier in the season. The black cat from Sunderland is notorious for having a weak stomach so don't be surprised to see frames interrupted as he dashes to the cubicle, it's Sam The Shits Harrrdyyyy!!" 

"His opponent hailing from Shropshire on the English boarder is a surprise finalist to many as he's struggled for form in recent campaigns. However his greatest strength is grinding out performances which somehow keep him relevant but to most his best days are behind him. It's a blast from the past as Ash The Phoenix Sale aims for a victory that will see him reborn in the competitive scene!" 

As the finalists take their seats let's look at the current world rankings as of January 2018. 

World Rankings

1) BatiGoal
2) PriZe
3) Samhardy
4) Taff
--------------------
5) Real_Random
6) kts365
7) scratch99
8) Mr.Manager
9) danovic78
10) AzmiG26
11) Ashez
12) Aaron55
13) KennyMiller27
14) FuddledFox
15) Chris Woodward
16) Titjes

The top sixteen this year has been incredibly competitive as the Dutch have held a firm grip on the top positions. Samhardy has attempted and failed to take the top spot thus far but a win here could be the points push he needs. Ashez however hasn't enjoyed much success in recent years as he's not ranked in the top ten, however he is a player of pedigree which means he shouldn't be written off just yet. As expected Samhardy is the bookies favourite before a cue has been chalked. 

The official is happy as he places the white ball in it's area after one last polish, he tosses a coin to decide who breaks. As the coin spins in the air Ashez calls tails only to see heads land face up and smile back at him, Sam breaks. The reigning Challenge Cup Champion stands up and walks towards the table, as he arrives he leans forward on to his elbows and pulls out his phone?!? Wait what? The camera zooms in to see Football Manager Mobile loading up. What in the world is going on?

The Challenge

We will indeed be playing FMM as that's why we are all here however we've created the mentalist snooker challenge ever which I'm seriously hoping you guys will enjoy, trust me it's the most bizarre save I've ever attempted to bring to Vibe and that's saying something! The rules are somewhat complicated and it's a lot to take in but I'll do my best to explain everything clearly now. 

The Set Up

1. The Table - The green grass of the FMM pitch
2. The Cue ball - The All whites Real Madrid
3. The 15 Reds - We've selected 7 strikers that have red on their shirts each while we agreed on a wildcard to be ball 15. 
4. The colours - The same concept as above as we picked shirt colours to represent each ball, with brown we decided to use claret as a suitable stand in. 
5. Everyone of these strikers has been signed on a legit save. 

snooker-ball-value.jpg

The Concept 

This will be played as an actual game of snooker! Each ball has been assigned the real life point value and to score points you have to pot a red followed by a colour. Whoever has claimed the most points once all the reds have been removed from play will win the frame. 

1. Red, lowest available colour, red and so on. When a red is potted it is removed from play, you then aim for a colour, if the colour is potted you move onto the next red (the colour is respotted). The red can be anyone you want to use out of the remaining balls. To climb the colour rankings you must pot red, colour, red, colour and each colour you climb the ladder on that break. 
2. Colour climbing works as follows. First you must pot a red, once this is done you move on to the yellow, if you pot the yellow you move onto one of the available reds, if you pot this red you move onto the green. This continues up the points ladder until the black and ends once you fail to pot.
3. What is a pot? Simply scoring with your assigned ball. If your red happens to score a hat trick you'll automatically land on the black. If your striker fails to score your break is over, if your striker is unable to finish the match due to injury or a red card it's seen as a foul. 
4. We haven't played any as yet but as it stands we're discussing doing multiple frames depending on interest and on how well it all works out, you'll be witnessing us live testing this idea. So in short if you like the idea and you'd be interested in us doing a 19 odd frame epic be sure to be active in the thread. 

The Exciting Part

This will be played on one save! Once your break is over (you fail to pot) you have to pass the save back to your opponent for his turn!! Due to this aspect this save will be a lot of work but hopefully you guys can support how stupid this idea is, I was generally shocked Sam was up for this idea! 

Your Opinion On Ball Reveal?

1. Do you want a ball reveal post next?
2. Keep it suspenseful and reveal the balls as we go? 
3. Reveal colours now but reveal reds as we use them

Both have advantages and disadvantages as with option one you can suggest who we should use, with option two you guys could guess more, while option three is the best of both worlds. Vote below to let us know

http://www.strawpoll.me/14799009

That brings this bizarre and difficult to write opening post to an end, for as long as I can remember Sam and myself have wanted to create a snooker based challenge and I think we've finally nailed it! I'm super hyped to be bringing this to Vibe for your viewing pleasure! 

As always all views, opinions and comments are welcomed and encouraged. Thank you for your time!

Genius!

I love snooker and I've been thinking about snooker challenges for ages but just couldn't get anything interesting, challenging and simple to play but you guys nailed it. I really love it and the added twist passing on the save to the next adds tremendously as if alternating play on an actual table. Maybe newbies to snooker will find the rules hard to understand/follow at first but pretty sure it'll be an easy follow once the challenge kicks off.

I voted in the link for my preferred "ball reveal" but in all honesty any of the options should work well here. Can't wait for this to start. Super cool idea, guys! (y)

I think I understand but from past experience I'm probably way off, but this looks EPIC and can't wait to follow it (I'm sure once it starts I'll catch on)

Not quite certain how this is gonna work, but I'm cetain it will be a great challenge but will make sense once Ash & Sam start posting, so I voted 2.

2 minutes ago, samhardy said:

First to 18 frame epic? I think so!!

Or @Ashez has been (slightly) underperforming on purpose these last two years, just for something like this to come along and bang it 9-0 

4 hours ago, Titjes said:

This looks like an insane challenge. Great idea guys, this will be fun to watch

I hope so!

3 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Genius!

I love snooker and I've been thinking about snooker challenges for ages but just couldn't get anything interesting, challenging and simple to play but you guys nailed it. I really love it and the added twist passing on the save to the next adds tremendously as if alternating play on an actual table. Maybe newbies to snooker will find the rules hard to understand/follow at first but pretty sure it'll be an easy follow once the challenge kicks off.

I voted in the link for my preferred "ball reveal" but in all honesty any of the options should work well here. Can't wait for this to start. Super cool idea, guys! (y)

The concept just randomly hit me out the blue, no idea where it came from but bam it was in my mind! 

3 hours ago, 1899 said:

Interesting concept. Will follow. 

Hope you enjoy it :)

3 hours ago, Taff said:

I think I understand but from past experience I'm probably way off, but this looks EPIC and can't wait to follow it (I'm sure once it starts I'll catch on)

It is complicated tbf, when I was writing it i had to make sure I had my head wrapped around it all haha

2 hours ago, Paul186 said:

Not quite certain how this is gonna work, but I'm cetain it will be a great challenge but will make sense once Ash & Sam start posting, so I voted 2.

Hopefully so! Any questions just ask as I'd rather people understand it lol

1 hour ago, samhardy said:

First to 18 frame epic? I think so!!

We'll see

1 hour ago, Taff said:

Or @Ashez has been (slightly) underperforming on purpose these last two years, just for something like this to come along and bang it 9-0 

Ingenious!!

1 hour ago, FuddledFox said:

I have very little idea about snooker but this looks like it will be a unique and epic save. Really looking forward to following this.

Snooker and FMM go hand in hand for me!

1 hour ago, PriZe said:

Not into snooker but this should be fun.

Team Ashez for the win!

Surprised snooker isn't your thing tbf, thought you'd be all for the tactical battles. 

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

Surprised snooker isn't your thing tbf, thought you'd be all for the tactical battles.

If he's anything like me its all hit and hope, I remember my mate and I went a few times to the local club and I was so used to playing pool in the pub that I couldn't get the angles right at all, felt like a 2 year old on a pool table

my fav thing about snooker is the commentators who try to make it sound exciting when OMG it's so not (no offence to those who enjoy it) but my GOD!!!! so dull

But I genuinely am very excited for this save, GO TEAM ASH!!!

Spoiler

Sorry Sam but there was no Mod to Mod love the other day so I'm backing the local (more local to me than you are) boy

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

That's all you've got to say? I give my confidence and support to you... something i haven't done before and you focus on the snooker part :O FU! #team @samhardy FTW!

2 hours ago, Taff said:

If he's anything like me its all hit and hope, I remember my mate and I went a few times to the local club and I was so used to playing pool in the pub that I couldn't get the angles right at all, felt like a 2 year old on a pool table

my fav thing about snooker is the commentators who try to make it sound exciting when OMG it's so not (no offence to those who enjoy it) but my GOD!!!! so dull

But I genuinely am very excited for this save, GO TEAM ASH!!!

Reveal hidden contents

Sorry Sam but there was no Mod to Mod love the other day so I'm backing the local (more local to me than you are) boy

How can a FMM fan call dots/coloured balls moving on a green surface dull......:p

2 hours ago, PriZe said:

That's all you've got to say? I give my confidence and support to you... something i haven't done before and you focus on the snooker part :O FU! #team @samhardy FTW!

Because I know you're fickle! Lmao

Keep votes coming lads

I'm going to play things a little differently in 2018. Whereas in 2017 I often went with the underdog hoping for grand upsets and such fact was I ended up being on the losing team more often not. Can't have that this year tho which is why I'm implementing a little more security and less risk-taking when placing bets on the winning horse. 

I therefore go with Team Ashez!!!!! 

20 minutes ago, samhardy said:

The Sam hate club out in force already I see :P

We don't hate you, mate, in fact we <3 you and very much value your presence here. You're a Viber thru and thru but nobody cannot deny you're absolutely shit at this game. :laugh: 

220px-Sheffield_Crucible_theatre.png

Sexy Sue reporting LIVE from The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield

"Hello there vibe and welcome to the first session of this enthralling encounter between Ash and Sam. It's been a while since myself, Sexy Sue, has made an appearance on Vibe TV, lastly I believe in a "FuddledFox article" so I'm looking forward to hearing all your observations on me... sorry the snooker below... especially from yourself BatiGoal *wink*. Without any further ado let's head over to your match commentators, first John Virgo and alongside him special guest commentator Chris Kamara.

Frame 1 - Sam to break

"Thanks, Sue. Sam makes his way to the table and bang... there we go, this final is underway. Looks a solid enough break to get us underway. Cue ball loitering between the green and the brown with a couple of reds loose at the other end of the table. Ash rises from his chair, shrugs his shoulders and makes his way to the table".

5 minutes later

"Some good safety play going on here and it's all been stalemate so f.. Oh no that could be the first mistake of the frame from 'The Phoenix' as he leaves a red on for Sam to the right corner pocket. He's going to take it on and... Yes. No mistake. Sam will get the first opportunity to do some damage in this frame".

Frame 1 - Ash 0-1 Sam* - Scorer SAIDO BERAHINO

Screenshot_2018-01-10-18-23-26.thumb.png.1568fa8f4931dc2f09713355b826f8f0.png

"Onto the yellow now, as per the rules of this particular matchup. Slightly different to normal snooker but it's been potted nonetheless. Good shot that wasn't it Chris?"

"Unbelievable Jeff, Sorry John! John! Unbelievable John!"

Frame 1 - Ash 0-3 Sam* - Scorer CEDRIC BAKAMBU

Screenshot_2018-01-10-18-23-32.thumb.png.2f445727892f0ffeb6120a7bb45d9203.png

"He's on a roll now. There's another red, and the green to follow, and another red to the middle pocket setting him up on the brown but wait where's the cue ball going?? Lucky escape for Sam. Brown follows that previous red into the middle pocket".

Frame 1 - Ash 0-12 Sam* - Scorers FABIO BORINI LEIGH GRIFFITHS JOEL POJHANPALO ASHLEY BARNES

Screenshot_2018-01-10-18-23-44.thumb.png.6051aa6997dc503951f959d5b584b8f5.pngScreenshot_2018-01-10-18-23-49.thumb.png.537c0b70d551e61bad8ec8303bb945b2.pngScreenshot_2018-01-10-18-23-55.thumb.png.104bb05e68ee2e84dc0b9b1f157e0a12.pngScreenshot_2018-01-10-18-24-05.thumb.png.525419bd11b83dd566bc258ec194580e.png

"An easy red for Sam here just a tap into the pocket needed but no what's this? He's taking on the extremely dangerous, risky red to the middle pocket. What's he thinking here Chris?"

"I don't know, John".

"He's made the pot though and that's a belter. Referee Ronnie O'Sullivan has informed him the black is eligible after that shot and that's the next ball to be drained in this intriguing first break. But... disaster strikes! He's miscued that red completely and that's end of break. A good chance for Ash to get going here when he gets to the table!

Frame 1 - Ash* 0-20 Sam - Scorers SEBASTIAN HALLER (H/TCK) MARIO MANDZUKIC

Screenshot_2018-01-10-18-24-10.thumb.png.7a99c5190f9f267b8d629f435fe2fc99.pngScreenshot_2018-01-10-18-24-15.thumb.png.16d8d69672ed8d97b9aa5804d3275068.png

Screenshot_2018-01-10-18-24-20.thumb.png.dd40db40dc5fca74249123f09aaae50b.png

To be continued...

(Callum Wilson failed to score in the Valencia game)

2 hours ago, Taff said:

I have no idea what's happening but I'm loving it

Come on Ash kick some ASS

This! I have no bloody idea what i just read. No idea how big Sam's lead is over Ashez :laugh:

3 hours ago, Taff said:

I have no idea what's happening but I'm loving it

Come on Ash kick some ASS

19 minutes ago, PriZe said:

This! I have no bloody idea what i just read. No idea how big Sam's lead is over Ashez :laugh:

Glad it's not just me that hasn't got a clue what's going on? It might be confusing but at least it is entertaining?

having read the rules again I think I understand but please don't ask me to explain, but I think Sam has got a good score, anyhow great start Sam, but come on Team Ashez.