Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Ashez Vs Samhardy At The Crucible

Ashez

Ashez v samhardy at the Crucible

Frame One - Update

So far no real momentum has been gathered in this sloppy first frame but it's Sam who holds the advantage as he returns to the table and after careful consideration settles on a red to the pocket near the yellow. The reds left on the table are all starting to look tricky now.

Screenshot_2018-01-19-14-19-30.thumb.png.de2f9a2c1f7b596405024069f90dfbba.png

Crouchy scores and the red pots but the best he can do is land on the yellow and try to screw back for the red at the other end of the table.

Screenshot_2018-01-19-14-19-36.thumb.png.02ad530449e9f0d94df2f92289ec2613.png

Good pot! In fact a great pot but has he got the luck he requires and is he on that red? Yes... On closer inspection it looks like he is indeed on that red but it'll be a very thin cut that is required. Tricky shot.

Arouna Kone is the next red of choice!

Screenshot_2018-01-19-14-19-41.thumb.png.1722eb29ad4f9cf9c005f38b27db1d95.png

He's missed it! Oh my goodness. This is turning into a bit of a miss-athon. It looks like neither player wants to win this first frame! What drama here at The Crucible as Ashez strolls back to the table perhaps sooner than he expected.

Only 4 reds remain on the table but one is temporarily out of action on the side cushion.

Frame One - Current Score

Ash 9-36 Sam

@Ashezyou've got your work cut out, looking like you need at least two reds with colour, including a full colour finish (after all reds potted with colour there'll be a remaining 27 points, which is what the gap is now).

giphy.gif

5 hours ago, sharaziuk said:

@Ashezyou've got your work cut out, looking like you need at least two reds with colour, including a full colour finish (after all reds potted with colour there'll be a remaining 27 points, which is what the gap is now).

giphy.gif

You understand this? :O

5 hours ago, sharaziuk said:

giphy.gif

Gulp :O

14 minutes ago, PriZe said:

Lmao, yes I do! It makes perfect sense! With balls remaining there is only 27 points available left this save/frame. 

Not sure if we're moving on once the frame is dead or continuing until every ball is used though? @samhardy

2 hours ago, PriZe said:

Yeah I used to follow it/play it. Only difference in real life is that after you pot a red you can pot any colour you want (obviously other than red) 

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

Bring on the hattricks then! 

Actually you've had a couple of hat tricks which could help you, although if you miss... 

tenor.gif?itemid=5233661

4 hours ago, PriZe said:

You should be banned from entering this thread. Such disrespect for the beautiful sport of snooker. 

Ashez Vs Samhardy At The Crucible

I approach the table knowing the odds are against me as I have a 27 point disadvantage but when there is a will there is a way! I examine the remaining balls and decide to take a risky cut into the middle pocket.

The Red

K0OCquu.jpg

Oh how you've grown! I've not used this player in years! Back in the day I attempted a 1kc with him at Rangers but a damn bug meant I had to bin the save :@. 

Does It Pot?

B9t6HBn.jpg

Not gonna lie this is getting embarrassing now as I pick up another hat trick! Why is all my luck reserved for the first turn! 

The Black Ball

bQHcy7J.jpg

The black calmly drops into the pocket but the white cannons against a remaining red leaving Ashez out of position! Thankfully he's still on a red but it's a far from easy shot!

Another Difficult Red

acYL43J.jpg

Gulp

Time For The Red Mist?

7MTnQEL.jpg

Ashez fails to make the pot but he at least leaves the red safe, Sam approaches the table with all the remaining balls looking unattractive. 

Score Board

Frame One
SamHardy - 36
Ashez - 17

A longer turn could have really put the pressure on Sam but I can't complain considering I got another flukely hat trick to cut Sam's advantage. A 19 point lead is nothing on the snooker table and I take my seat feeling very positive! 

As always thank you for viewing and please remember to leave a comment.

2 hours ago, Taff said:

You like your hat tricks Ash, but we need a good run, come on son

Wish I had such form in other goal challenges!

1 hour ago, Paul186 said:

great write up, but how are Real Madrid doing, I'm so interested in who scored I've not been taking much notice of the results?

@samhardy post brief update with yours or once this frame is over?

1 hour ago, sharaziuk said:

The way @samhardyhas been potting the reds I see him taking this frame if he pots the next three, and that's without the black...

Your lack of faith concerns me :P

Billy Sharp? FFS Really? That translates as the snookered red that's glued to the cushion on the other end of the table. 

This frame is over. Congrats Sam. 

Spoiler

False hope is our last bet, Ashez, come on!!! 

Ashez v samhardy at The Crucible - Frame One

Well what a scrappy opening frame this has turned out to be. 19 points the difference as Sam strolls to the table, has a look round, examines the angles and eventually pulls out the rest and attempts a difficult shot with the red resting on the side cushion.

Screenshot_2018-01-23-18-44-09.thumb.png.d952bf3da7044a7a5d613f031dfdd900.png

He made that look easy. And I'll guarantee you it wasn't. Onto the yellow ball now and Cedric Bakambu who has been very kind to Sam throughout this opener.

Screenshot_2018-01-23-18-44-14.thumb.png.35808d7b1a4bc6275fbb54339aff8304.png

Just the couple of reds left now. Ben Mohamed the chosen striker, Ashez had a go with him earlier in the frame without success and after the positional shot on the yellow it looks kindly placed for Sam.

Screenshot_2018-01-23-18-44-29.thumb.png.23fe160f8b51aaac821111fc30378b28.png

An easy pot as he sets his sights onto the green.

Screenshot_2018-01-23-18-44-35.thumb.png.f79f240ef5ad7f37dfb679a84f0bcb53.png

That's there as well! Sam building some momentum now and it all stemmed from that tricky opening red. Can he finish the frame in this visit?

Final Red - Billy Sharp

Screenshot_2018-01-23-18-44-53.thumb.png.544bf8515d86150fef185d924c959fa4.png

The Crucible erupts into applause once again as the final red sinks into the left corner pocket as he screws back for the brown ball.

Sam now 27 points ahead of Ashez with only 27 points left available for 'The Phoenix'. If this brown ball pots then Sam wins the first frame barring any snookers from his opponent.

Frame Ball

Screenshot_2018-01-23-18-44-58.thumb.png.de71bf3086cf6920e891f01abc65f2e7.png

Oh my oh my! That never ever looked like it was going in but at the very last second it wobbles between the jaws of the pocket and drops in the pocket. Sam was quickly up off the shot but as it dropped he let out a roar of triumph accompanied with a fist pump of some description. 

Just the colours left now. Here's a reminder of the players in order and the reveal of Mr.Pink. 

• Cedric Bakambu
  • Leigh Griffiths
  • Ashley Barnes
  • Michy Batshuayi
  • Ilja Nesterovski
  • Mario Mandzukic

Screenshot_2018-01-23-18-45-15.thumb.png.0cec6f4e833a68bf2b2ccb15ddd1f518.png

Screenshot_2018-01-23-18-45-22.thumb.png.e9509c7f8c521702225d54e2cf20cccf.png

Screenshot_2018-01-23-18-45-42.thumb.png.ced7268a3e7e44cd99d47d227d7c9337.png

The camera pans to Ashez looking miserable in his seat as Sam clears up all the baulk colours and well and truly cements the frame as his. What a frame winning break this has turned out to be! It looks a fairly simple clearance now in fairness.

Screenshot_2018-01-23-18-46-13.thumb.png.5ca72c5dcbf4bf0adea56c05b01386a0.png

The blue rolls into the middle pocket and it should just be a straight up and down for the pink here.

Screenshot_2018-01-23-18-46-18.thumb.png.1210e0cb543b125bdc8760633cf8a046.png

He's entertaining the audience now as he absolutely thunders the pink into the pocket leaving himself slightly out of position on the black. Can he provide the traditional champagne finish to the first frame?

Screenshot_2018-01-23-18-46-36.thumb.png.702dbbaf9e228425d98a0f55553a5573.png

You bet he can! Trick shot off two cushions and into the left middle pocket it goes! Where on earth did that come from?

Sam salutes the crowd and places his cue down on the table before swanning out of the arena for a quick break after that first frame.

---------------------------------------------------

Frame 1 - Ashez 17-75 samhardy

Match Scoreline - Ashez 0-1 samhardy

---------------------------------------------------

Real Madrid screenshots in the spoiler below for those interested. Thanks for reading and see you all in the next frame! Can I double my advantage or will Ash strike back?

Spoiler

Screenshot_2018-01-23-18-47-05.thumb.png.919450eb07dba5160973d8a609f1777b.png

Screenshot_2018-01-23-18-47-39.thumb.png.1cfc9d43401edc8a74df1099c950e737.png

Screenshot_2018-01-23-18-47-44.thumb.png.958ad957480284a26075aa7f2fbc9ce8.png

"Thank you ladies and gentlemen. Frame two, Ashez to break"

Well done on winning the frame Sam, and Reak are having a good season too. Come on Ashez get a good break to keep this match close.

Expertly done Sam, I have no complaints as I had my chances but luck wasn't on my side. I hoped you'd slip up here but you delivered the punishment in style!

14 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Entertaining first frame, guys. Well played, Sam. Are we going to see new "colors" in frame two? 

No as that's too time consuming and a total pain to do lol, also who changes snooker balls each frame :p. However I might consider changing all the players after a few more frames to freshen it up. 

As it stands we made a back up after the transfers so the balls/save will be reset for each frame. @samhardyI don't believe you sent me the starting save? No rush as I'm busy today anyway :). 

Just caught up on this. It was so confusing at the start (I had no idea which player was which ball), but making sense now. Great going lads!

Of course you need to up your game in Frame 2 @Ashez - but I believe in you, so a late entry for Team Ashez it is! :D