Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Inside forwards post update

Nucleus

I’ve seen a lot of people complaint about the inside forwards being nerfed after the new update, I’m actually finding them a lot better. I feel like they’re more balanced, I’ve been experimenting with an asymmetrical formation and have been having some decent success with my inside forwardF99B5DC2-8134-48E6-BFD9-D7352E32902B.thumb.png.9951e5ba93d3b40a99b89fd04f2f81b9.png

An 8.28 average rating for the first half of the season, getting involved in over a goal a game. I think that’s pretty good myself. Any thoughts guys?

Good performance indeed and 1 point per game is nothing to sneeze at.

Though the IF's from the vanilla version just seemed to be scoring at will with very few assists. I think the below screenshots paint a pretty accurate picture. Same player (Gelson Martins, 3rd player from the top in second pic), tactic and games, with him having stronger support and likely playing a higher number of minutes in Valencia, saw goals scored at just 35 % pace with twice the number of assists.   

As evidenced by your save, they still work just fine though so no harm in using them.

sVD5ARw.png&key=43ae39959a5dd3edf4f2e6556a90d7864e9a03742e9da58fcd45ecabb2d090ca

NgwQIfx.png&key=237a54d46c6152cf67787b8456dff40048d7a1e347eba28f34aad90c7ea6d994

I really like the fact they are balanced now. It was way to black and white for my taste. It was either gungho goal scoring or you had a winger who did jacksh*t besides the occasional assist.

I think they were nerfed too much. Don't like the idea of seeing players like Messi scoring less than 20 goals. But for some reason Gabriel Barbosa is banging. 

Screenshot_20180113-001158.png

Edited by zaangie

I'm loving the way the play now. My team has much better width. I'm finding playing them in the forward area rather than the AMC area very successful. They seem to stay wider longer and don't crowd the penalty area too early. Seeing similar returns as OP which i'm more than happy with.

11 hours ago, Pippers87 said:

I have Ronaldo and Roberts as my IFS. I find its more balanced. Ronaldo will still bang 25 in a year but Roberts assist numbers are crazy

Not tested with two IF’s yet, will give it a go however

10 hours ago, PriZe said:

I really like the fact they are balanced now. It was way to black and white for my taste. It was either gungho goal scoring or you had a winger who did jacksh*t besides the occasional assist.

Exactly my thoughts ?

8 hours ago, zaangie said:

I think they were nerfed too much. Don't like the idea of seeing players like Messi scoring less than 20 goals. But for some reason Gabriel Barbosa is banging. 

Screenshot_20180113-001158.png

Might be the tactic that limits the goals? I’m using a single IF with some space to run into and his goals/games ratio is fantastic

6 hours ago, McDonaI said:

I'm loving the way the play now. My team has much better width. I'm finding playing them in the forward area rather than the AMC area very successful. They seem to stay wider longer and don't crowd the penalty area too early. Seeing similar returns as OP which i'm more than happy with.

Glad you’re enjoying thim as much as I am ??

8 hours ago, NucleusNT said:

Might be the tactic that limits the goals? I’m using a single IF with some space to run into and his goals/games ratio is fantastic

Yeah, I only use one. And only Gabriel got this numbers until now. Guess it depends from the players. One save of mine I have Malcom, he scores 9 in 40 games and his backup was Welbeck with 16 goals in 26 lol.