Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help How to make a winger more creative than clinical?

gunnersaur

Needed a title that would get you in ...I'm having trouble with wingers scoring the too Mich goals and not assisting enugh how do I stop this?

Edited by gunnersaur

It probably depends on who you have playing as wingers, ideally a proper winger should have high movement, crossing, creativity, teamwork, pace and dribbling. I would also set final third tactics to run at defence and early crosses. One of the most important factors for a winger is a striker who is good in the air, for example in my West Ham save I used the basic 4-4-2 with Antonio and Arnautovic as wingers with Andy Carroll as a Target Man for a good 5/6 years, at 32 Arnautovic got 12 goals 19 assists in 46 games as a winger in the RM position, even at 34 years old he's still a first team player. 

4 hours ago, gunnersaur said:

I'm having trouble with wingers scoring the too Mich goals and not assisting enugh

They're scoring goals because they get too close to the goal and the flank players that tend to do that are IFs. So sounds to me like your Wingers are acting as Inside Forwards, maybe because they have the attributes/personality of one? 

@wonders17 makes good points, try that. Btw, any specific player we're talking about? 

21 minutes ago, Rob2017 said:

I know this sounds daft/obvious, but always play your wingers on the side that their primary foot is. 

You would be suprised how many people forget this :laugh: