Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat The game has been ruined

I have always been a big fan of football manager, pc version and mobile/handheld.

Counting down the days until FMM18 was out, I would eagerly map out my strategy for how my game would go and how I would play it. The game comes out and I purchase it within hours of it being released. I buy it on GooglePlay for upwards of £8 (cant remember how much exactly) and off my journey begins.

For the money paid and the amount of bugs contained within it I find the game unplayable, I am unhappy that the game cost this much and they are still in the game even after 2 months after being released. From just reading through this forum and the official SI website, little to no explanation has been given about a fix or anything. All I seem to see if Marc Vaughan (dont know if that is the proper spelling) requesting a copy of the save and thats it. WTF? 

I think that as loyal gamers this simply does not satisfy an explanation for those of us who feel stupid and outraged to have payed the money for the game.

With all the shit that makes the game unplayable I would much rather cut my losses and be given a full refund. 

What would be the most appropriate route for this? Any help would be gratefully considered.

Edited by Pablopaton93

Unfortunately I don’t think there is a way as online purchases are mainly no refunds and the only way to get money back would be from Apple, Google etc and not SI/FMM by saying you didn’t purchase the game it was an accident or your kid did it without permission is the only way I heard of getting back $$ from a online game/app purchase as its basically buyer beware... 

You can try the bug thread on here to see if you can get any responses from SI staff/developers..

Bug Thread

All I got hope it helps bro maybe updates will fix it to playable/enjoyable 

21 hours ago, DIRECTFX said:

Unfortunately I don’t think there is a way as online purchases are mainly no refunds and the only way to get money back would be from Apple, Google etc and not SI/FMM by saying you didn’t purchase the game it was an accident or your kid did it without permission is the only way I heard of getting back $$ from a online game/app purchase as its basically buyer beware... 

You can try the bug thread on here to see if you can get any responses from SI staff/developers..

Bug Thread

All I got hope it helps bro maybe updates will fix it to playable/enjoyable 

No problem mate any suggestions are welcome so thanks for taking the time to respond. 

I just think its a joke how they can charge people that money for a game thats pretty much unplayable and not give us an update on when any of these issues are likely to be resolved.

If you went in to Asda and bought a hooever that didnt perform as it was supposed to, it would be taken back. I think its disgusting because its a digital download its unlikely you can get the money for a product that doesnt perform the way its suppposed to.

Can anyone that reads this tag whoever this would concern please? I know I am not the only one dissatisfied with this game.

For me, the amount of time I enjoy enjoyment I get from the game I don’t think it’s expensive. The bugs are annoying for sure, but the game did see some bug changes this year.

14 minutes ago, Snip said:

For me, the amount of time I enjoy enjoyment I get from the game I don’t think it’s expensive. The bugs are annoying for sure, but the game did see some bug changes this year.

Thats fair enough mate I am glad they dont hinder your game too much and you still are able to enjoy the game. The game just feels far too rushed in my opinion and they released it without really taking into account how much these bugs would actually affect the game. 

Cant deny without the bugs the game would be simply great for mobile devices. It is a shame really and I did play it since it was released but its beyond a joke now, I feel like the game developers really dont care about the people that buy it and feel like they dont care about giving anyone any info on whats being done to fix these issues.

Im hoping we can atleast get some feedback from the developers, failing that a refund for a faulty product.

Sorry your not enjoying it dude.

Personally i've not experienced anywhere near some of the bugs that have been reported, don't know why but im really enjoying this years game.

Yes its been more frustrating this year, the OME is weirdly harder and consistancy of tactics is terrible but i am truly loving it.

Hopefully you will get the answers you require or the game becomes more enjoyable for you.

20 minutes ago, Acidsparxx said:

Personally i've not experienced anywhere near some of the bugs that have been reported, don't know why but im really enjoying this years game.

Same here. I haven't seen that many bugs myself and certainly nothing dave breaking although obviously that doesn't mean others haven't experienced them. Perhaps I'm lucky or just not very observent.

What bugs are you talking about particularly? If it's the transfer bugs we just released 9.1.1 which hopefully will squash most of them.

Bugs are an unfortunate side effect of making changes to the game. We revamped two huge parts of the game this year (tactics and the entire database system), and with that came bugs. We're only a small team, so we sadly can't cover the whole range of potential issues and bugs will make it into thte game.

Obviously we'd love to release a game with no bugs at all, but realistically that would mean releasing a game with no new features for a couple of years while we just worked on bugs, and that would be significantly worse for everyone.

I hope 9.1.1 fixes the issues you've been facing, and if you ever have an issue please report it on the bugs thread or the SI forums. We may ask you for a save so that we can look at the issue ourselves and if we do we usually continue the conversation through the support channel as it makes things smoother.

Look on the plus side, the devs are much more active than others because they care about the game. You wouldn't get other devs asking for your save to personally fix it for you (out of office hours too!)

I haven't personally had a very bug riddled time this year and since the update a while back that seemed to reduce the number of goals I have really enjoyed the game, and found it more realistically difficult.

20 minutes ago, samhardy said:

That was great.

I vowed never to play FMM again after that.

Lasted three years :).  I haven't had any game breaking bugs this time.  A good few annoying ones, but nothing like FMM2015.

Enjoying FMM2018 so far, but I think I have had an easier time of it than some

4 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

SoUnDs FuN:O

Coupled with the transfer bug, so you couldn't sell them :D.  I had several players who could only last 15 minutes every other game.

Only affected regens too, so the game only became unplayable after you had poured hours into a save.  Getting angry just thinking about it haha

The one i get the most is player roles resetting!

I would have a tactic going really really well then all of a sudden i can't win/score for love nor money then notice half my player roles have changed.

Still does it now and again.

4 hours ago, Acidsparxx said:

The one i get the most is player roles resetting!

I would have a tactic going really really well then all of a sudden i can't win/score for love nor money then notice half my player roles have changed.

Still does it now and again.

That happens to me when my tactic is not based on a standard formation, and only when starting up the game. It's annoying, but if you save your tactic you can reload once and should be gone. At least for me :)

To be fair I'm enjoying this year's release A LOT. There's no perfect tactic (of course some are generally stronger than others). I play the game with extended highlights, so one can really see the effects of formation and roles in the actual gameplay. It's cool to see that BBMs push up while CMs tend to stay more put, or how having a 4-men flat defence makes the centre of the field more vulnerable to the opposition AMs, but a 3-men defence may struggle with wingers.

There are a few issues, like when you have two APs they tend to move to the same spot when looking for space (middle of the field) instead of leaving space for each other, or how it is incredibly hard to get the DM position working correctly. But other than that the game poses a legitimate challenge - tactics are playing a big role on match outcomes, your player stats really matter depending on which role you pick, and the fine tuning of the shape (attacking, control, etc) is clearly visible on the team's play style.

All in all is a great release, and as long as the bugs keep on being squashed I'm quite happy.

Guys I just couldn`t resist to put this here ......

Before the last game against Bologna it`s 93PTS for me and 93PTS for Juventus.

0 : 1 Kean /2 min/

0 : 2 Kean /5 min/ I`m the new champion baby .........

1 : 2 --> 2 : 2 --> 3 : 2 --> 4 : 2

The only thing that saved me from braking my phone was that I was in a local public bus with a lot of people around me.

At this point FMM was the worst game that I have ever played.

4 : 3 Orsolini /77 min/

4 : 4 Niang /80 min/ 

4 : 5 Orsolini /84 min/

At this point FMM was the BEST game that I have ever played.

Screenshot_2018-01-26-17-28-11[1].png

Screenshot_2018-01-26-17-28-07[1].png

Ive had this alot too.

You'd be battering a team...and i mean serious knocking them about then all of a sudden the smash a few in and there goalkeeper has a worldy!

Its so frustrating but it does happen irl, just a tad too much in FMM ?

On 26/01/2018 at 20:02, Acidsparxx said:

Ive had this alot too.

You'd be battering a team...and i mean serious knocking them about then all of a sudden the smash a few in and there goalkeeper has a worldy!

Its so frustrating but it does happen irl, just a tad too much in FMM ?

We almost need a new challenge on here: see who can have the most shots in a game but still lose 1-0. ??