Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Manger reputation

As you know, in real life, managers can do a good job at a small/medium sized team, and be linked with big clubs after 12-18 months 

In game however, it's still too difficult to build a reputation without winning things in big leagues 

I had three seasons with Morecambe, with the objective of fighting relegation each season, I got to the play off final twice, and semi finals once. My reputation was 'local', and when I left, I had no offers other than from Conference North sides. 

On the other side, I had two seasons at Celtic, first I won the treble and reached the Champions League semi finals, second season, it was the double, and Champions League first knock out round. My reputation was 'regional' and all offers were from Scottish league 1 or 2 sides 

In reality, a manager achieving those things at said clubs would be offered higher profile jobs 

Is it something that can be looked at in an update, or is it too difficult to make work in a game like this? 

6 hours ago, Scottish Guy said:

As you know, in real life, managers can do a good job at a small/medium sized team, and be linked with big clubs after 12-18 months 

In game however, it's still too difficult to build a reputation without winning things in big leagues 

I had three seasons with Morecambe, with the objective of fighting relegation each season, I got to the play off final twice, and semi finals once. My reputation was 'local', and when I left, I had no offers other than from Conference North sides. 

On the other side, I had two seasons at Celtic, first I won the treble and reached the Champions League semi finals, second season, it was the double, and Champions League first knock out round. My reputation was 'regional' and all offers were from Scottish league 1 or 2 sides 

In reality, a manager achieving those things at said clubs would be offered higher profile jobs 

Is it something that can be looked at in an update, or is it too difficult to make work in a game like this? 

This is exactaly my problem 

I have been offered a position as Man Utd manager after three decent seasons at Wolves (top 4 finish in two of them, but no league title).

And before that I was offered a position at Wolves after a few decent runs in the MLS (no MLS cup, but one NA cup).

I think this year's release is actually handling it ok.

19 minutes ago, rafa said:

I have been offered a position as Man Utd manager after three decent seasons at Wolves (top 4 finish in two of them, but no league title).

And before that I was offered a position at Wolves after a few decent runs in the MLS (no MLS cup, but one NA cup).

I think this year's release is actually handling it ok.

You are a lucky one @rafa... what were your initial settings?

It’s been very shaky for a while but last year seemed a tad better. My epic Chorley file saw me only get offered jobs of clubs in my division (generally lower than me in the table).

But after the winter update it seemed improved. I had 2 dominant seasons in Ireland with Derry and got offered the job at Northampton who were mid table in league one. Generally couldn’t ask for much better after 2 years in Ireland. Took Northampton to the Championship and got a gig with Ross County in the scottish Premiership.

Past editions have been to easy at times. Had a season with Celtic where I won a standard 3 leagues in 3 years and a couple of cups and got offered the Man City job.

Do u get jobs offered while managing a team or unemployed?? Seems I have to resign to really get offers. Idk if it’s cause I’m American but I still took Solihull Moors to the Premier League so there should be some offers with 4 League Trophies and 2 Cups along the way to EPL..