Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help "Flipping" players

palmistry

Does anyone know of a drawback to flipping players, that is, buying and selling them in the same window? I got my conference team up into the Premier League and still have a low weekly wage total relative to budget, so I have room to bring in players out of contract. Immediately on signing they seem to have a value of $5-10MM. If I bring 5-10 of these and turn around and sell them on, I'll roughly double my budget. Any downside to this? I assume my loyalty would take a slight hit, but as it's already 20, can't imagine it would plunge too much.

Be careful what wages you offer them to get them in, as you may get the dreaded ‘no clubs are interested cos of the players wages’ response when offering them out.

Also, I think loyalty is based on loyalty to the club, meaning that you aren’t seeking other jobs. So I wouldn’t worry about that. 

9 hours ago, palmistry said:

I assume my loyalty would take a slight hit, but as it's already 20, can't imagine it would plunge too much.

It'll take a hit for each player you sell within a year. But you can restore that by giving your players new contracts. 

16 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

It'll take a hit for each player you sell within a year. But you can restore that by giving your players new contracts. 

Thanks! Good to know how to bring it back up if I go wild.