Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Players want new challenge and can't offer them a contract!

zxLv

I'm currently managing AC Milan on my second season. We have just recently won the treble in the 2018/19 season: the Scudetto, Coppa Italia and Champions League. What is surprising and frustrating at the same time is I can't renew contract of most of my players. 80% of my first team and senior players "do not wish to negotiate a new contract at the current time". Even those players whom I just signed in the summer window refuse to renew their contracts. I believe it's not about lacking of trophies or game time or training schedule. All of my players featured in most games as I give them equal chances and rotate my squad quite heavily. They never complain about the training regime. I also never sold any of my star players. What's more baffling is that some of my young players like Locatelli, Calabria and Cutrone (who are all products of the Milan Primavera except for Locatelli) are already unhappy and say they want new challenge (?!?!). It's funny and unrealistic because they have only been in the senior team for a few years. They even have AC Milan as their Favoured Club. People here say if your players are unhappy then you can either try to offer them new contract or change the training schedule or play them more often to solve the problem. But what can you do when all of these have been done but nothing change? 

The other unrealistic issue is that some of my players demand exorbitant salaries. The calm, young but mature Kieran Tierney whom I just signed last season now demands £275,000 per week. He is currently on £75k per week. Romagnoli demands £400k per week and Suso says he believes the club can't meet his demands. The club has a fairly healthy finance. We have £160M transfer budget and wage budget of £4.36M per week while our current wage total is only around £2M. Seriously, where did the game get all these figures from??

This is quite frustrating. I never faced this problem in the previous FMM games before (been playing since 2014). I thought the game is supposed to be getting more and more realistic each year but I feel some aspects of the game have shown little to no development and seems like it is only going to the opposite direction. For example, some players who only played a total of around 20 games a season (including those cup games) are named in the Serie A team of the year whilst other players who played more games, have better records and higher average rating failed to make it. Seriously, the developer really needs to work harder than this.

I know this is just a game and is not supposed to be realistic at all. I can tolerate those funny weird transfers and Marco Reus winning World Player of The Year Award. But there are still some aspects in the game that can be easily tweaked by the developer. They have the whole year to plan and develop the game!

Edited by zxLv

I understand what you're saying. I'm actually managing AC Milan as well and I've had similar problems over the past 21 seasons. I've had issues renewing contracts of approx 20 players over this period. However, it seems to me that 90% of them weren't starters but they did get plenty of gametime as in your case. But like I say they weren't starters but came in as subs, so it's possible that this played a role as well. Just have a look at their 'squad status' if it says rotation or backup player it's likely they're looking for a new challenge or wanting to move clubs because of this. 

Re wages, agree it's incredibly off. I like to keep things balanced in terms of wages only rewarding the superstars and loyal servants with bigger salaries. Often when signing new players they instantly demand double or triple! the wages of my top players and that's just ridiculous. 

4 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

I understand what you're saying. I'm actually managing AC Milan as well and I've had similar problems over the past 21 seasons. I've had issues renewing contracts of approx 20 players over this period. However, it seems to me that 90% of them weren't starters but they did get plenty of gametime as in your case. But like I say they weren't starters but came in as subs, so it's possible that this played a role as well. Just have a look at their 'squad status' if it says rotation or backup player it's likely they're looking for a new challenge or wanting to move clubs because of this. 

Re wages, agree it's incredibly off. I like to keep things balanced in terms of wages only rewarding the superstars and loyal servants with bigger salaries. Often when signing new players they instantly demand double or triple! the wages of my top players and that's just ridiculous. 

AC milan is in fact the first team that I manage in FMM 2018. So does this problem only happen in AC Milan or Serie A teams? Can others also chime in on this?

I just took a second look on the squad status of my players. Thanks for this insight. However, it just unearthed another problem. Some of my key first team players like Franck Kessie, Goretzka and Savic also do not wish to negotiate a new contract. The squad status of Kessie and Goretzka is also listed as “rotation” despite both having played more than 40 games as a starter. So I believe it has nothing to do with them being starters or playing enough game. I always think that this squad status is just set randomly by the developer. 

It is ok if players like Aguero, Sanchez, Neymar all demand exorbitant salaries. But certainly what my players are asking is just simply too much and not realistic at all. Romagnoli is asking for £400k? No way! Even Tierney demands £275k per week. How can you justify that and say it is realistic? For the past four years playing FMM, I never have to paid more than £275k per week salary before ?

Edited by zxLv

I understand how this may be frustrating but suppose you can look at it as a challenge? You've already won the treble, why not get rid of the trouble makers, re-build and try and repeat the feat with a new look team?

Although you're very successful, players sometimes just want a change and to experience different things in their relatively short careers. You only have to look back at the likes of Shevchenko, Kaka, Ibrahimovic and Thiago Silva who have all opted to leave fairly successful AC sides for other leagues in recent times

1 hour ago, zxLv said:

AC milan is in fact the first team that I manage in FMM 2018. So does this problem only happen in AC Milan or Serie A teams? Can others also chime in on this?

I just took a second look on the squad status of my players. Thanks for this insight. However, it just unearthed another problem. Some of my key first team players like Franck Kessie, Goretzka and Savic also do not wish to negotiate a new contract. The squad status of Kessie and Goretzka is also listed as “rotation” despite both having played more than 40 games as a starter. So I believe it has nothing to do with them being starters or playing enough game. I always think that this squad status is just set randomly by the developer. 

It is ok if players like Aguero, Sanchez, Neymar all demand exorbitant salaries. But certainly what my players are asking is just simply too much and not realistic at all. Romagnoli is asking for £400k? No way! Even Tierney demands £275k per week. How can you justify that and say it is realistic?

I'm currently playing Paris SG, with a decently large squad and many players on rotation (8 defenders for 4 places, 7 midfielders for 3 slots (+2 clear backups), and 7 forwards/wingers for 3 slots). Other than the occasional complaint that they're unhappy about training regime, or an injury causing a player to be unhappy about playing time (which was quickly resolved after playing them after they recover), haven't had a "new challenge" issue (maybe also I sold and bought players frequently - only 8 players from the original squad remained). Will see how it goes as this is my first season with a relatively stable squad (not expecting to sell players for profit and signing replacements). However the squad status is also similar ("key players" are world class established players - Neymar, Tah, and KdB; only "first team" player is my keeper who started every game -  maybe that's the requirement?)

Wages wise, I always tie a player down with a 5 year contract if possible. So normally I won't have to worry about players being unhappy with their contracts. 

For the past four years playing FMM, I never have to paid more than £275k per week salary before ?

This is, however, going to change. With the maximum wage limit being bumped to £725k per week this year, many players will ask for higher salaries (33-yo Di Maria (a backup winger past his prime) wanted £400k per week (while first team Mbappe, Dembele, and Havertz were earning £100k, £325k, and £150k per week respectively- I had to negotiate it down to £325k per week)

It's not just milan yes I've noticed it happening quite a lot also players being unhappy and wanting to move to a bigger club when you are a big club, it came up dembele wants to leave Barcelona reason wants to move to a bigger club, which is crazy.