Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games 2018 Vibe Premier League

samhardy

2018 Vibe Premier League

Hello vibe and welcome to the inaugural Vibe Premier League which sees the cream of the managerial crop collide in what will surely be 10 weeks of fierce competition. It'll certainly test the character of all competitors as they initially battle to avoid elimination, then to try and reach the playoffs, and eventually - to win the title.

This will run as the only invitational event on the calendar and will be contested by the top 10 in the Vibe Rankings. However, if any of the top 10 didn't fancy taking part then 11th place would be invited, followed by 12th, and so on. I made this decision myself based on the fact that we'll have 10 active members who will submit week in week out with no risk of drop outs that happen in the vast majority of vibe tournaments.

So for your entertainment, let's have a look at the 10 managers who will be taking part in this unique event:

-----------------------------

flag-the-netherlands2x.png BatiGoal

flag-the-netherlands2x.png PriZe

flag-england2x.png samhardy

flag-wales2x.png Taff

flag-australia2x.png Real_Random

flag-england2x.png kts365

flag-england2x.png Mr.Manager

flag-england2x.png FuddledFox

flag-england2x.png Acidsparxx

flag-belgium2x.png Titjes

------------------------------

The Format - How this will run

Obviously, this will be run as a league system with a head to head against a different member of the league each week. 3 points will be awarded for a win whilst 1 will be awarded for a draw. Also, a bonus point each week will be awarded for the highest scorer in the round with a point deducted from the lowest scorer. Challenge tie breaks will be sorted by league points, followed by GD.

There'll be two main honours to be fought for - The League phase champion, which will be awarded simply to the manager who tops the league after 9 weeks. However, after 9 weeks the top 4 placed managers will enter the all important playoffs - semi finals followed by a final to decide who is crowned the first ever Vibe Premier League champion. Any darts fans out there might recognise this system from somewhere and yes, I did use it as inspiration for this tournament :P

As previously mentioned the tournament lasts 9 weeks, however after 5 weeks the bottom two in the league will be immediately eliminated leaving the remaining 8 to fight for the playoffs in the last 4 game weeks.

Points system

I'll be trying a unique system for this event that'll hopefully make things more exciting and will make every H2H more like a real football match instead of having big scorelines such as 123-98. This method was used years ago for an event but I can't 100% remember who it was who brought it to Vibe, I think it was @rafa but not certain, so credit to him if it was for this points system.

When all the results come in for each week, I'll divide them into 5 separate categories, 1st + 2nd, 3rd + 4th, 5th + 6th, 7th + 8th and 9th + 10th. The top two points scorers in the round will be awarded 4 points (or goals for the purpose of the matchup) and someone in the lowest category (9th or 10th) will score 0 goals. So, If the highest scorer played the lowest scorer then the higher scorer would win the H2H 4-0. If the two managers facing off against each other were the two lowest scorers then it'd be a 0-0 draw and both would get a point each.

Remember, the highest scoring manager of the round will earn an extra point in the league with the lowest scorer losing one.

Plan of attack

I'll be posting the fixtures for the first five weeks tomorrow, followed by the first challenge on Friday.

Hopefully you all enjoy following this and best of luck to all competitors!

Thanks to @FuddledFox who will be providing graphics for this tournament throughout.

Haha yeah, I remember using a similar scoring system somewhere, somehow :)

Good luck to all involved, seems to be a fun ride :)

I'm in by default but sod it! I'm really looking forward to this.

@BatiGoal @PriZe @Taff @Real_Random @kts365 @Mr.Manager @Acidsparxx @Titjes 

As @samhardy mentioned I will be making some graphics for the tournament. If any of you plan to change your logo in the near future can you please DM me your new logo so I can use it. I'm looking at Taff really as he is always changing his.

Just now, FuddledFox said:

I'm in by default but sod it! I'm really looking forward to this.

@BatiGoal @PriZe @Taff @Real_Random @kts365 @Mr.Manager @Acidsparxx @Titjes 

As @samhardy mentioned I will be making some graphics for the tournament. If any of you plan to change your logo in the near future can you please DM me your new logo so I can use it. I'm looking at Taff really as he is always changing his.

I'll stick with the MRI scan for now just so you don't have to mess around, don't want your old ass brain getting to confused

5 minutes ago, Taff said:

I'll stick with the MRI scan for now just so you don't have to mess around, don't want your old ass brain getting to confused

Nice to see that the Welsh still respect there elders.

Just now, FuddledFox said:

Nice to see that the Welsh still respect there elders.

Pretty sure I'm older than you but yeah, we'll say respect

You changing back to the wood carved fox for the tournament?

So looking forward to this.....ultimately i will be pants!

But we shall go down in glory and be forever known.......as wooden spoonists!!

?

1 minute ago, Ashez said:

Best of luck lads! I'd have loved to be involved but I didn't feel I could commit to this and I didn't want to let you down. 

No worries Ash, at least your honest and have said from the start you can't commit, rather than dropping out halfway through like so many before

41 minutes ago, Taff said:

No worries Ash, at least your honest and have said from the start you can't commit, rather than dropping out halfway through like so many before

Shots fired!

1 hour ago, Taff said:

Pretty sure I'm older than you but yeah, we'll say respect

Unfortunately your not.

1 hour ago, PriZe said:

Yeah please :D

Me and @samhardy have been through extensive couples counselling and part of that is I have agreed never to unleash the wooden fox on Vibe again.   

8 minutes ago, kts365 said:

Shots fired!

I wouldn't worry, it's @Taffso he's likely missed :P

Hey! Just because I'm not playing that doesn't mean I'm missing the banter haha

16 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

Me and @samhardy have been through extensive couples counselling and part of that is I have agreed never to unleash the wooden fox on Vibe again.   

BBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOO

added 0 minutes later
15 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I wouldn't worry, it's @Taffso he's likely missed :P

Ouch ;)

11 minutes ago, samhardy said:

We all know @Taff doesn't have those worries anymore.

I'm shooting as many blanks as Calvert-Lewin and Patterson 

added 0 minutes later
8 minutes ago, Ashez said:

1277117931_hit-bygun-recoil.gif

Considering this guy looks like a Neo Nazi it makes this clip even funnier

3 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Let me break your leg and we'll see how many times you score in that period of time :P

No need to break my legs, I've never scored a goal in my life