Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games 2018 Vibe Premier League

samhardy

I'm never massively confident as it all depends what my competitor did as well.

@samhardy is the plan to keep with the 20 league games format? I personally much prefer it as it means I can complete the challenge in one maybe two sittings.

12 hours ago, FuddledFox said:

I'm never massively confident as it all depends what my competitor did as well.

@samhardy is the plan to keep with the 20 league games format? I personally much prefer it as it means I can complete the challenge in one maybe two sittings.

The plan was to vary the length of all the challenges so that there were some shorter ones and some that were season-long. Think that would keep it fair to everyone as some people benefit from having the whole season to work with.

However if everyone thinks the shorter ones are the way to go for this tournament then I'm more than happy to keep them all that way.

So I'm after opinions please :P (Already know about a couple of people's preferences)

3 minutes ago, samhardy said:

The plan was to vary the length of all the challenges so that there were some shorter ones and some that were season-long. Think that would keep it fair to everyone as some people benefit from having the whole season to work with.

However if everyone thinks the shorter ones are the way to go for this tournament then I'm more than happy to keep them all that way.

So I'm after opinions please :P (Already know about a couple of people's preferences)

I prefer the 20 league game format :) As @FuddledFox said, challenge can be completed in 1 or 2 sittings ;) 

I'm easy either way, but I do think their more challenging to get the goal complete in 20 games, but I do enjoy a full season one as well so I like the mix

33 minutes ago, Taff said:

I'm easy either way, but I do think their more challenging to get the goal complete in 20 games, but I do enjoy a full season one as well so I like the mix

Im the same... dont mind if they go all short or a mix.

2 minutes ago, Acidsparxx said:

maybe he is masterminding a huge score and drop it just before the deadline

That would be the flair move...

7 minutes ago, samhardy said:

If he submits at a minute to 5 I'll have an absolute meltdown as I've already sorted out all the stuff to send to @FuddledFox so would have to redo it all :P

Part of me hopes that this is the case. 

2018 Vibe Premier League - Week 4 (Results)

After last week the table is really starting to take shape and week 4 saw some crucial games especially for those down at the bottom who only have another week after this one to make sure they're still here after week 5. Time for me to stop blabbering and to reveal this week's results, or not, if your Vibe's No.1 from Bangkok :P

Acidsparxx v FuddledFox

Spoiler

Acid dropped into the elimination zone last week whilst Foxy was enjoying life in 4th coming into this fixture. The world turned upside down when Acid submitted the day after the challenge was released and he chose to take charge of Porto. A very impressive unbeaten 20 games saw him collect 54 league points however there was a slightly underwhelming 11 players getting goals + assists. That's 55 giving him a total of 109.

Foxy probably put in his poorest performance of the competition so far but his 20 games still had flashes of brilliance. The immediate improvement on his opponent's score was the 6 extra players he was successful with giving him an extra 30 points. Celtic were Foxy's choice of team and 50 points gave him a total of 135. Not enough to get the victory!

A draw it is, the result neither were looking for but it could prove to be a crucial point in the end.

Result - Acidsparxx 1-1 FuddledFox

Titjes v Real_Random

Spoiler

This really is last chance saloon for Titjes if he wants to harbour any realistic chance of avoiding elimination from the division. He comes up against RR who after an opening week victory has sunk to back to back defeats.

When you're desperate for a win this is definitely the type of performance you're looking for! P.S.G the choice of team for the Belgian and only one defeat with 53 points after 20 games is solid enough. Then the amount of players with goals/assists was a whopping 29! 29!! A stunning 198 giving Titjes one of the highest scores of the week and a crucial win to keep him in with a chance of staying up especially with that huge game against Acid next week.

Unfortunately things are going from bad to worse for RR who sunk to another heavy defeat. With only 45 league points from Manchester City and 12 unique players being successful his score of 105 wouldn't have been enough to beat anyone this week. He needs to break this run of defeats asap!

Result - Titjes 4-0 Real_Random

Mr.Manager v Taff

Spoiler

One of the most attractive ties of the week. Definitely the toughest one to call and these thoughts all came true on the pitch. A very tight match we were treated to.

Mr.M went to Portugal with Benfica whilst Taff but his faith in German giants Bayern. It was nip and tuck in the league phase with Taff picking up 51 points - 2 more than his opponent. All nice enough but as everyone knows it's the unique players where the real points lie this week.

Taff managed to get 19 players to both score and assist. Not bad but we've come to expect more from him. Still a good score though of 146 meaning Mr.M needs to have 20 or more successes to come out on top...

... And he did! Comfortably as well. A phenomenal 28 to be exact. What's going on this week?! 29, 28. I never expected anywhere near these numbers when I set this challenge! A majestic performance from Mr.M giving him a brilliant victory over Taff and completely diminishing any elimination worries in the process. 

Result - Mr.Manager 3-2 Taff

PriZe v kts365

Spoiler

Important match for both this one with PriZe hoping to keep his place at the top wheras kts is still looking for his first victory of the season as he looks to get clear of the elimination zone.

kts became the second manager this week to choose P.S.G as his team whereas PriZe went to European Champions Real Madrid. This is the time to say that this was an absolute barnstormer of a match with both hitting incredible scores. 48 points in 20 games from the Englishman and a massive 56 from the Panda.

kts then matched Titjes' feat of 29 unique players which is an absolutely fantastic number. It gets to the point where you have to feel a bit sorry for him as for the 3rd time in 4 weeks he's extremely unlucky whether it's been narrow losses or stunning opposition performances. Another 5 points would have also been enough to get him a draw here

This week it was the latter and a simply ridiculous 32 players with goals + assists from PriZe hand him a pretty much unbeatable score of 211. 4 wins out of 4, can anyone stop him? Another bonus point.

Result - PriZe 4-3 kts365

BatiGoal v samhardy

Spoiler

I think everyone on planet earth now knows that BG missed the deadline so if I have to I'll go over my nightmare of a performance this week.

P.S.G were my choice of team as well and whilst I managed 54 points in the league I simply wasn't scoring as many goals as usual and hence struggled as only 17 of my players managed to bag both a goal and an assist.

If I hadn't had the walk over this score would've been demolished :P

Result - BatiGoal 0-2 samhardy

Scorelist in full: Credit to anyone above 170.

Spoiler

PriZe - 211
Titjes - 198
kts365 - 193
Mr.Manager - 189
Taff - 146
samhardy - 139
FuddledFox - 135
Acidsparxx - 109
Real_Random - 105
BatiGoal - 0

And here's the table after 4 weeks! Look at that scrap down at the bottom! The top 5 are definitely in the next phase of the competition but it's judgement week next week and the next challenge will be the last for 2 managers in the league. It's still possible for any 2 of 5 to be eliminated and there's the biggest match of the tournament so far between @Titjes and @Acidsparxx

league table template Wk4.png

Third highest score.......still took the loss.

FML

Worst bit is that I only realised after 12 games or so that i had been using the "stats" view on the team page to judge who had a goal and assist, forgetting that it included cup games. Which meant a second half rush to get the cup scorers assists and vice versa.

Edited by kts365

Bloody hell guys I was impressed with 19 unique players but 28/29/32 what the actual hell

well done to all, feel bad for BG hope all is ok.  Great work on this challenge by the way @samhardy easily my favourite challenge to date

I said i realised i could of done alot better!!

I was trying too hard to win games and not focussing on getting more players goals/assists....still i've not done too bad against the big guns!

Next wk is going to be stressful ?

Edited by Acidsparxx