Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games 2018 Vibe Premier League

samhardy

2018 Vibe Premier League - Week 6 (Results)

The 10 managers that started have now been reduced to 8 and all who remain will be fighting till the bitter end for those 4 spots in the all important playoffs. This week's challenge saw us head to Turkey and let's have a look at the results to see who is taking home some priceless points this week.

Taff v FuddledFox

Spoiler

We kick off proceedings with a huge clash at the top of the table between the two who currently sit 4th and 3rd in Taff and Foxy respectively. A loss would be a blow here but a victory for either would be a huge step towards those playoffs.

Taff elected to go with Goztepe whilst Foxy went with Sivasspor. Both enjoyed impressive league campaigns; Taff collecting 86 points from his 34 games whilst Foxy secured an impressive 92 going unbeaten. These were halved however and it's tight but the early advantage in this animal battle is with the Fox.

However this was tugged back by the Welsh bunny in the goalscoring section of the challenge - Taff's selection of Yoan Gouffran bagged 25 goals in the first 17 games but it went down to the last game to see if he could beat this in the second half... Thankfully he did and took home 25 points. Foxy was 1 of 4 people to choose Cyriac Gohi Bi and he found the net 19 times in the first half which was easily beaten in the second half.

Tight match all the way through and a draw was the fair result. Not the win either was after but vitally they both stopped their playoff rivals from picking up maximum points.

Result - Taff 2-2 FuddledFox

Mr.Manager v samhardy

Spoiler

We stay in the top part of the table for this next match and after both securing good starts Mr.M finds himself breathing down the neck of the playoffs whilst I currently sit in 2nd place in the league.

Both of us chose exactly the same team and player which like Foxy chose in the first match was Cyriac Gohi Bi of Sivasspor. However that's where the similarities ended as unfortunately Mr.M had one of his poorer weeks in this year's competition - only receiving 16 points from striker goals in the first section which was only narrowly beaten in the second. He also picked up a respectable 71 points in the league but that was a bit off the pace for this week.

I managed to lead Sivasspor to 93 points in the league only losing once in the process. Gohi Bi hit 27 goals in the first 17 games of the season for me and followed it with a nice 31 in the second 17 giving me a total of 74 and a comfortable victory.

Result - Mr.Manager 1-3 samhardy

PriZe v Real_Random

Spoiler

This matchup saw two managers in contrasting form go head to head - PriZe who has been flying since the start of the competition against RR who has lost every game since week 1. The vibe bookies predicted a comfortable victory for the panda but in the VPL anything can happen as we saw last week!

Like most other people this week RR went for Sivasspor however opted for a different striker in Thievy Bafouma. Bafouma found the net 19 times in the opening 17 games of the season and this was beaten with ease in the second half where he scored 24. Not terrible but not the best however an average 64 league points left the Australian with a points total of 51.

Realistically this was never going to be enough against PriZe especially in his current form. He was the only manager to choose Malatyaspor however this decision payed off as he secured an impressive 95 league points, the highest of anyone. Unsurprisingly he also got the highest goals tally of everyone, 35 goals in the first half of the season which was incredibly beaten in the second half by striker Khalid Boutaib who finished with 72 goals in 33 league games :O Another bonus point on its way to the Panda.

Result - PriZe 3-0 Real_Random

kts365 v Titjes

Spoiler

We've had all the battles at the top of the table however this was another important match between two managers who avoided elimination by the skin of their teeth in judgement week last week. Who picked up the points here?

kts chose Goztepe for this challenge and selected Nabil Ghilas as his striker. 17 goals in the first half followed by an impressive 27 in the second saw him pick up 17 points from the striker. He also picked up 69 league points to finish with an overall points total of 52.

Titjes struggled in this challenge. Actually he was the only person not to win the league this week and led Sivasspor to disappointing 7th place finish with 50 points. Sadly it didn't get much better on the goal front with Cyriac Gohi Bi only picking up 10 goals in the first 17 games. It was beaten but never going to be anywhere near enough as Titjes loses a point for the lowest score.

It took kts till week 6 but finally he can celebrate his first win!

Result - kts365 1-0 Titjes

Scorelist in full:

Spoiler

PriZe - 83
samhardy - 74
Taff - 68
FuddledFox - 65
Mr.Manager - 52
kts365 - 52
Real_Random - 51
Titjes - 35

And here's the league table after week 6, just 3 weeks to go now. Myself and @PriZe already look to have qualified meanwhile it's really heating up in the playoff battle! I'm already looking at that match between @Taff and @Mr.Manager in the very last week! Will it be a winner takes all?

league table Wk6.png

I had a feeling it would be close between myself and @Taff and that it would be the slow start that Gohi Bi made that would let me down so I'm glad it didnt too much and I got a draw.

9 minutes ago, samhardy said:

it's really heating up in the playoff battle

I feel far from secure in the play off spots as I have to play @PriZe this week and both @Taff and @Mr.Manager have matches that I would fancy them to both win.

A draw is fair and I’m happy with the result (I thought my league points would be the key not my goals) good game foxy but I don’t envy you taking on the panda

if I can hold onto 4th I’ll be happy but I’m sure Mr. M will have something to say about that

great write up Sam and congrats to Prize again for the huge result (you dodgy black and white bugger ?)

1 hour ago, FuddledFox said:

I feel far from secure in the play off spots as I have to play @PriZe this .

You can win an draw so no worries ;)

1 hour ago, Taff said:

congrats to Prize again for the huge result (you dodgy black and white bugger ?)

Thanks Bunny? FMM18 eme and i click this year :) so happy with how things have  gone so far!

added 0 minutes later

@Real_Random what is going on buddy :O 

6 hours ago, PriZe said:

You can win an draw so no worries ;)

Thanks Bunny? FMM18 eme and i click this year :) so happy with how things have  gone so far!

added 0 minutes later

@Real_Random what is going on buddy :O 

I'm falling to pieces mate, nothing seems to be working for me 

Week 7 - Challenge

Gifts from the Ottoman Empire

Just 3 weeks to go till the end of the league phase now and every single fixture from here on in is absolutely vital. As you can see from the table there's a lot of spice around the playoff areas as the top four battle for those all important top 4 spots.

200px-Drogheda_United_FC.svg.png

The above crest belongs to Drogheda United of the top division in Ireland who you will be managing in this challenge. But does that badge look familiar? Well there's a reason for that!

Did you know? "Drogheda United FC, a small Irish football team, has a logo based on, and in gratitude to, the Ottoman Empire. The Ottomans secretly smuggled food into Drogheda during the Great Famine". Found on this site.

The Challenge

Pretty simple one this week. You'll take charge of Drogheda and build a squad that is all Irish. This should be easy and might even already be done when you take over.

Once this squad is assembled you'll then proceed to buy 4 Turkish players in any position you want that will provide the "food" to the rest of the team. The assists these 4 Turks get will count as this and as such will be the points you receive. Added to your goal difference after the 33 game league season.

Goal Difference + Assists from 4 Turkish players

Clarifications

• Your squad must be all Irish - Northern Ireland is allowed 
  • When you get round to signing the Turks they can be in any position
  • Other transfers are allowed - Irish players only
  • League games only
  • No work permits unlockable is allowed

33 games isn't much to play really so expecting this to be finished by Sunday isn't too crazy I don't think.

Good luck and enjoy! Thanks to @Ashez for the assistance with this challenge.

Deadline - Sunday 1st April 5PM BST

Rules and screenshots required

Spoiler
  • Enhanced match engine only
  • Own tactics only
  • No unlockables, IGE or outside software
  • SI approved databases only
  • No holidaying or reloading
  • Evidence via screenshots will be required
  • Failure to meet the deadline will equal 0 points - no extensions
  • If you fall under any suspicion you will be asked to submit your save for inspection. Failure to do so will result in immediate ejection from the competition.
  • And the most important rule - have fun :)

Screenshots Required

• Manager profile
  • Squad list in order of appearances
  • Transfer history
  • League table
  • Attributes + stats of all 4 Turks

Decent challenge @samhardy, I like my version more though :P

These are pure gold

4. The fastest red card in football/soccer history was 2 seconds. Lee Todd was sent off for foul language after he exclaimed “f**k me that was loud” after the starting whistle. – Source

5. The North Korean World Cup soccer fans are actually hand-picked by the North Korean government. The fans are also made up of Chinese volunteers since North Koreans are not allowed to travel. – Source

There might be an issue with work permits in this challenge guys. Foxy voiced a concern that all his Turkish players were getting turned down for work permits so I'm allowing use of the no work permits unlockable for this challenge.

OK, is there a trick to picking the ones who get the permits, half of mine are unsuccessful and I've tried a few Turkish players as well

I'll give it another go in a bit

the trick is just bid for every player you can and if the work permit is turned down then appeal and if that's turned down just move on. I probably bid for 50 players and only managed to sign half.

4 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

the trick is just bid for every player you can and if the work permit is turned down then appeal and if that's turned down just move on. I probably bid for 50 players and only managed to sign half.

cheers foxy, I'll get on it now

I had a quick try at it last night...really difficult to get Turkish players...only signed one by time season started.

Good luck everyone ?

18 hours ago, samhardy said:

There might be an issue with work permits in this challenge guys. Foxy voiced a concern that all his Turkish players were getting turned down for work permits so I'm allowing use of the no work permits unlockable for this challenge.

Is it allowed or not? As I still see complaints about the permits

2 minutes ago, Titjes said:

Is it allowed or not? As I still see complaints about the permits

Yes it is allowed. Added it into the challenge post shortly after posting it yesterday.