Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games 2018 Vibe Premier League

samhardy

16 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Left it out for this one, can't see it making a huge difference when in charge of Drogheda tbh :P

5/8 results are in

Will be a close one for me to send them in as I didnt know which database and still have to start :O

1 minute ago, Titjes said:

Will be a close one for me to send them in as I didnt know which database and still have to start :O

It's ok you don't have to send them in this week :P Have a break.

2018 Vibe Premier League - Week 7 (Results)

Just two weeks left after this one for those four playoff spots to be filled and after this results post will we be any closer to finding out who will be filling them? We had an interesting challenge this week with some equally interesting results however unfortunately only 7/8 results were submitted with @Titjes not submitting this week.

kts365 v Mr.Manager

Spoiler

Two managers needing a win to head to head here with Mr.M looking to keep up the pressure on the two guys above him in the playoff race. It's still possible for kts to qualify but you'd think he would have to win all 3 remaining games.

And kts put in a very strong showing this week with his four Turkish players combining to make 50 assists including 33 combined between Mehmet Besler and Devrim Taskaya. He won the league with a cool 39 GD securing a total of 89.

Mr.M self-admittedly struggled with this one. He picked up 13 less points from assists than his opponent however Mehmet Besler also did the business for him. He also won the league, and had a 31 GD giving him a total of 68. A fair bit behind kts but the way the other scores went this week it was enough for a draw. Not the result either were looking for really.

Result - kts365 2-2 Mr.Manager

Real_Random v Taff

Spoiler

This is the second time in this competition these two have faced each other with Taff taking the win earlier in the event. Several weeks on though both looking for wins for different reasons, Taff for his playoff battle and RR looking to arrest his run of 5 consecutive defeats.

Taff didn't pull up any trees this week to be completely honest only securing 29 points from assists including a cultured 0 from Okan Gundogdu. A 35 GD somewhat saved the day getting him to an average 64 but he knows that this will have to improve in the last 2 weeks.

Actually this was an extremely scrappy match-up as RR struggled as well but he did enough to finally stop the slide and pick up a draw. He picked up 2 more points from assists than Taff but a weak 22 GD ruined any chance of victory but this is still a positive point for RR.

Result - Real_Random 1-1 Taff

Titjes v samhardy

Spoiler

As already covered Titjes didn't submit this week somewhat coming to the rescue of a certain Mr.Fox however I don't think he would have had much chance this week anyway against my terrific performance :P

I like most people also picked up Mehmet Besler and he got me 25 assists on his own which was great. 28 points from the other three Turks gave me 53 assist points and I managed to get a GD of 47 which gave me a nice round total of 100. Yet still not enough for the bonus point :@

Result - Titjes 0-3 samhardy

PriZe v FuddledFox

Spoiler

We were treated to a bit of a carnival in this fixture from Foxy kicking off with signing 5 Turks instead of the instructed 4, before proceeding to demote the wrong one ending up with a centre back instead of a winger. Rivaling @Titjes and @Acidsparxx for fuck up of the season there.

Sadly things didn't improve on the pitch with a glorious goal difference of 9 doing all the damage possible before even looking at the assists. As it happens 32 was the return from assists which wasn't actually too bad but it really didn't make any difference here.

PriZe secured another bonus point though finishing 8 points ahead of me. 61 assists points the most by a country mile and a 47 GD which was the joint highest and he's all but secured top spot in the league phase now.

Result - PriZe 3-0 FuddledFox

Scorelist in full:

Spoiler

PriZe - 108
samhardy - 100
kts365 - 89
Mr.Manager - 68
Taff - 64
Real_Random - 53
FuddledFox - 41
Titjes - 0

Here's the league table now with just 2 weeks to go. @PriZe and myself are definitely in the semis and remarkably @Foxy could be seen as the real winner this week as taking the final week showdown between @Taff and @Mr.Manager into account it looks like he'll only have to win 1 of his next 2 games to qualify. It looks to be 2 from 3 now.

league table Wk7.png

My luck has been shocking. From being 3rd top scorer 1 week and still losing to outscoring my opponent this week and coming out with a draw.

Rotten luck.

40 minutes ago, kts365 said:

My luck has been shocking. From being 3rd top scorer 1 week and still losing to outscoring my opponent this week and coming out with a draw.

Rotten luck.

I've stopped saying that in the results as I started to feel like a broken record :P

45 minutes ago, samhardy said:

I've stopped saying that in the results as I started to feel like a broken record :P

I dont help myself by merely being average or just above though

Oh I’m screwed just have not brought my A game at all this tournament so I really can’t see me making the playoffs but maybe a bit of luck in the next two rounds could see that change

Week 8 - Challenge

A game of two halves

The penultimate challenge of the league phase of the 2018 VPL is with us and the battle for the playoffs couldn't be closer. With that said we also have a clash between the top two in the league this week and @PriZe will confirm his spot at the top of the league phase if he beats me.

Screenshot_2018-04-03-20-06-23.thumb.png.d9459bdb541290910d04ba836220b152.png

Above you see a picture of Cardiff City's Greg Halford. As you can see he has a shade of green in both the central defence and striker positions. You'll have to find two of these for your challenge.

The Challenge

You can pick any team in Europe's Top 4 leagues to manage (That's the Premier League, La Liga, Bundesliga + Serie A) and you will be playing somewhere between 15-30 games in this challenge.

Once you've chosen your team it will then be down to you to find two of these versatile players who are a shade of green in both centre back and striker. For the first 15 league games these two will form your centre back partnership, and the number of clean sheets you keep with these two at the back will equal the number of games they can play up front in the second part of the challenge.

For example, you play 15 games with your two players at centre half and keep 10 clean sheets. They will then have 10 games to score as many as possible in the second phase.

Clean sheets + goals from both players

Clarifications

• Either database
  • No other transfers in but you can sell players
  • League games only
  • Easiest way to find these players - Search for attackers and sort by position view

Deadline - Tuesday 10th April 5PM GMT

Rules and screenshots required

Spoiler
  • Enhanced match engine only
  • Own tactics only
  • No unlockables, IGE or outside software
  • SI approved databases only
  • No holidaying or reloading
  • Evidence via screenshots will be required
  • Failure to meet the deadline will equal 0 points - no extensions
  • If you fall under any suspicion you will be asked to submit your save for inspection. Failure to do so will result in immediate ejection from the competition.
  • And the most important rule - have fun :)

Screenshots required

• Manager profile
  • Attributes of chosen players
  • Stats of chosen players after 15 games and at challenge completion
  • Transfer history
  • Squad list in order of appearances
  • League table

1 hour ago, Taff said:

I have a feeling that one particular player will be used a lot but great challenge 

how the hell do we find guys who are green in both?????

1. Go to player search

2. Interested off and attackers on

3. Search by position - You then should have DC/ST players appearing on the list.