Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games 2018 Vibe Premier League

samhardy

2 hours ago, samhardy said:

Waiting on @Real_Random too. 5PM deadline but won’t be able to get the results up tonight.

Is that because you will be watching sunderland getting hammered?

It's not even funny to me any more. It's sad. Basically the tale of sunderland is due to be made into a movie soon, directed by Mel Gibson as a partner piece to The Passion of the Christ.

tenor-1.gif.57a6402f7c691aa1f4bb0625d561a563.gif

Edited by kts365
40 minutes ago, kts365 said:

Is that because you will be watching sunderland getting hammered?

It's not even funny to me any more. It's sad. Basically the tale of sunderland is due to be made into a movie soon, directed by Mel Gibson as a partner piece to The Passion of the Christ.

tenor-1.gif.57a6402f7c691aa1f4bb0625d561a563.gif

Yep. As long as we get the revenue from that movie and by that I don’t mean Short’s back pocket :P

2018 Vibe Premier League - Week 8 (Results)

Four more big games this week in what is the penultimate week of the league. Unfortunately this week we had two no shows in @Titjes @Real_Random giving @Mr.Manager and @Foxy default wins straight off the bat which could leave @Taff understandably feeling a bit hard done by.

I'm revealing the results in a different order to what they're listed on the fixture list so the drama works better :P 5 of the 6 people who submitted chose Bayern!

samhardy v PriZe

Spoiler

Both myself and PriZe have already qualified for the final four but there was still the small matter of top spot to play for here. Also we were both unbeaten going into this match so something had to give.

And it was a disastrous 10 day spell that gave during my attempt, 11 league games had gone and I'd secured 9 clean sheets. Then all of a sudden Ollie Hawkins was out for 6 months and a couple of weeks on the sidelines followed for Atiba Harris. Harris recovered to score 8 goals in 11 games but the damage was already done.

PriZe scored the highest of the round yet again for I think the 5th or 6th time of the tournament but it was a lot closer this week. He kept 12 clean sheets after 15 games and his chosen players of Yves Ekwala and Terentiy Lutsevich scored a further 21 in those 12 games for a total of 34, double mine.

Result - samhardy 1-3 PriZe

Foxy v Real_Random

Spoiler

RR didn't submit as previously mentioned.

This however was excellent news for Foxy as one of his weakest performances of the tournament resulted in 3 huge points for the playoff race which all but secures his playoff place barring a heavy last week defeat.

He had 11 clean sheets after 15 games which was pretty good however only 15 goals followed leaving him with a total of 26. His chosen players were Ollie Hawkins and Davit Khocholava, which he arrived at after buying and immediately selling Greg Halford.

Result - Foxy 1-0 Real_Random

Mr.Manager v Titjes

Spoiler

Titjes didn't submit as previously mentioned.

So just as in Foxy's case it was a crucial 3 points for Mr.M but also a good performance was put in this week after a couple of disappointing ones. Two players that have appeared in these results were used in Atiba Harris and Davit Khocholava and they helped in him only conceding 1 goal in the first 15 games! 15 goals followed in the next 14 games giving him 29 points and victory.

This win means that Mr.M has his destiny in his own hands and a win in the what is now essentially a quarter final against Taff will see him through to the playoffs.

Result - Mr.Manager 2-0 Titjes

Taff v kts365

Spoiler

Below follows the most dramatic match of the VPL so far! After his two playoff rival's wins this week the pressure was on Taff to follow suit! How did he do?

Well it was kts who submitted first and Ollie Hawkins and Davit Khocholava were his chosen players. 12 clean sheets were secured from the first 15 games and then a nice 18 goals from those 12 games have him for what was for ages the highest score of the round in 30 before PriZe knocked it off the top.

Tough for Taff to beat, he also chose Khocholava and he was partnered with Greg Halford and the Welshman was the only person this week to not choose Bayern instead favouring Barcelona.

12 clean sheets were picked up, just like his opponent. And remarkably 18 goals were also scored in those 12 games! A tie!!

But Taff hasn't blown it yet as usually this would be a nailed on draw but PriZe's 34 means that whoever won the tie break will be taking all 3 points here. As we have done all competition we go over to the league points.

Taff - 27 games, 68 points

kts365 - 27 games, 59 points

A huge sigh of relief for Taff but yet more bad luck for kts.

Result - Taff 3-2 kts365

Scorelist in full:

Spoiler

PriZe - 34
Taff - 30
kts365 - 30
Mr.Manager - 29
Foxy - 26
samhardy - 17
Titjes - 0
Real_Random - 0

And here's the league table. As expected it all comes down to a winner takes all clash between @Taff and @Mr.Manager! Both could technically still qualify but that looks extremely unlikely and it looks like @Foxy will be qualifying bar a heavy defeat.

league table Wk8.png

Ah man, @kts365 you are so unlucky! I wouldn't recommend you buy a lottery ticket...

Big game next week @Taff! I think you've got a better score than me pretty much every round so I'm not expecting much.

Week 9 - Challenge

The Final Countdown

Finally after 8 weeks of gruelling competition we have arrived at the 9th and final week of the league phase of the inaugural Vibe Premier League. We've had thrills and spills but they aren't over yet as going in to the final week there's still 2 play-off places up for grabs!

170px-England_crest_2009.svg.png

England. The home of football and 1966 World Champions.

Algeria, Ghana, South Korea, Saudi Arabia. Why am I just naming random countries I hear you ask? Well these may look like the result of four random dart throws at a map however these four countries are part of an elite group: The only countries in the world to boast an undefeated record against England.

The Challenge

This challenge will only last half the league season, 19 games so expect any slow starts to be punished here!

You can choose any club in the Premier League to take charge of.

From here the challenge is pretty straightforward. You will buy 4 players, one from each of the aforementioned nationalities to fit into your team. One of these will be a defender, one a central midfielder, one a winger and lastly a striker. You can choose which nationality for which position. No other transfers are allowed.

Example - Algerian centre back, Ghanaian CM, South Korean winger and Saudi Arabian striker.

League points after 19 games + defender's clean sheets, midfielder's appearances, winger's assists and striker's goals

Clarifications

• Either database
  • No other transfers in
  • League games only

Just 19 games, shouldn't take long so a Wednesday deadline seems fair to me.

Deadline - Wednesday 18th April 5PM GMT

Rules and screenshots required

Spoiler
  • Enhanced match engine only
  • Own tactics only
  • No unlockables, IGE or outside software
  • SI approved databases only
  • No holidaying or reloading
  • Evidence via screenshots will be required
  • Failure to meet the deadline will equal 0 points - no extensions
  • If you fall under any suspicion you will be asked to submit your save for inspection. Failure to do so will result in immediate ejection from the competition.
  • And the most important rule - have fun :)

Screenshots required

• League table
  • Manager profile 
  • Transfer history
  • Fixture/result list
  • Your 4 player's attributes + stats
  • Squad list in order of appearances