Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games 2018 Vibe Premier League

samhardy

On 15/04/2018 at 11:41, Foxy said:

Smashed through it this morning and results are posted:)

Just got that nervous wait now to see if I have done enough:S

My final act will be to knock you out of that top 4 hahaha.

22 minutes ago, kts365 said:

My final act will be to knock you out of that top 4 hahaha.

Maybe although I'm fairly happy with my score of 20. In hindsight I might have been better off not picking WBA as the club I went with though.

5 hours ago, Foxy said:

Maybe although I'm fairly happy with my score of 20. In hindsight I might have been better off not picking WBA as the club I went with though.

In all fairness i dont think i have done well but it was fun....

2018 Vibe Premier League - Week 9 (Results)

So after 8 weeks of competition it's all come down to this final week. There's one fixture jumping off the page at us in a winner takes all playoff clash and for four managers this will be their final challenge of this year's VPL.

The results will be revealed in a different order again.

Titjes v PriZe

Spoiler

As @Titjes stated above he failed to submit this week.

PriZe rounded off his formidable league campaign in some style securing the second highest score of the round (not top for once) and he led Man City to an unbeaten 19 games securing 53 points in the process.

He chose LB Ghoulam as his defender who helped the back line to 9 clean sheets whilst Saudi Salman Al-Faraj played all 19 league games possible. A further 14 assists came from Heung Min-Son whilst Jordan Ayew scored an explosive 40 goals giving him a total of 135.

Result - Titjes 0-3 PriZe

Real_Random v samhardy

Spoiler

RR hasn't had the best VPL by any stretch of the imagination and the sooner it comes to an end is probably better for the Australian. Unfortunately things didn't get much better in the final week. He chose Man City like most people did but slumped to 4th place after 19 games with only 39 points.

A disastrous solitary clean sheet was picked up from Saudi defender Osama Hawsawi. Thomas Partey only managed 14 appearances from midfield too. Just 4 assists from Mahrez and 12 goals from Son rounded off a miserable week at the office.

I managed the highest score this week for the second time in the competition. City were also my choice of team and like PriZe I got 53 points from 19 games. My choice of defender was the same as my opponent however I managed 15 clean sheets from 19 games. Ki Sung-Yeung played all 19 league games for me whilst Riyad Mahrez assisted 18 goals. Up top Jordan Ayew was there to score 34 goals in 19 games.

Result - Real_Random 0-3 samhardy

Foxy v kts365

Spoiler

Onto the first game that has play-off implications and Foxy knew beforehand that a draw would be enough to see him through and even a narrow loss would probably see him over the line.

This was made easier for him early doors by his opponent who picked up Albanian RB Hysaj mistaking his nationality for Algerian. A blunder Foxy himself would have been proud of! Yahya Al-Shehri played 18 league games for kts whilst Son added a further 6 points from assists.

15 goals from Jordan Ayew but this score will be music to the ears of the Fox who is surely now in the playoffs.

Foxy out in a good performance nonetheless and won all but one game with his City side. Baba Rahman of Ghana was his chosen defender who chipped in with 11 clean sheets whereas he also picked up Al-Shehri who played all 19 games. A further 37 points were added from Son's assists and Slimani's goals as Foxy secured the win and a play-off spot.

Result - Foxy 2-1 kts365

Taff v Mr.Manager

Spoiler

And finally we arrive at what is essentially a quarter final in this tournament. Both have had decent campaigns but this is what it has come down to. Nothing but a win would do for Mr.Manager whereas Taff would go through with a draw but let's see what happened!

Taff chose Liverpool and got straight into the thick of things with a whopping 55 league points. In comparison, Mr.M went with City and secured just three short of his opponent with 52. Tight stuff!

Taff's defender Omar Hasawi contributed an extremely solid 15 clean sheets whilst his CM Nabil Bentalab played all 19 games in what is turning into an excellent performance. Mr.M's defender Abdul Ghani contributed 10 clean sheets and 18 appearances came from Thomas Partey but the Englishman is slightly behind at this point.

Onto the assists now and Heung Min-Son only delivered 9 for Taff! A slip up perhaps?

But Mr.M can't really take advantage only securing a couple more with Riyad Mahrez.

Finally onto the big points scorer which is the striker's goals! The scores currently stand at 97-91 in Taff's favour so Mr.M needs a big turnaround! Who will secure the spot in the playoffs?

Taff's striker - Jordan Ayew - 27

A solid 27 which means Mr.M needs a huge total :O

Mr.M's striker - Heung Min-Son - 30

A great total but unfortunately he falls just short. Taff takes the playoff spot. What a match!

Taff 2-1 Mr.Manager

Scorelist in full:

Spoiler

samhardy - 139
PriZe - 135
Taff - 124
Foxy - 122
Mr.Manager - 121
kts365 - 86
Real_Random - 70
Titjes - 0

Here's the final league table after 9 gameweeks:

league table Wk9.png

Announcement

As the league phase has come to an end we now move onto the all important playoffs and for these I will be passing the hosting duties on to @Ashez so I can focus on the semi finals and hopefully the final.

Thanks to everyone who participated in this tournament and I'm really pleased with the way it has gone! Hopefully you all enjoyed it and I know that Ash will have some ideas up his sleeve for the four that remain.

The Play-Offs

VPL semi final.png

Even though i didnt partake in the 2nd half...it was fun.

Congrats on your awesome VPL performances everyone, looking forward to the semi's (y)

Ah congratulations @Taff, you just had too much quality for me. Amazingly close between the third to fifth though!

Best of luck to you all! @PriZe has looked unbeatable and @samhardy has been a brilliant tournament host, but I'll be cheering on the underdogs Taff and @Foxy I think. Anyone can win it in a one off game I guess...

Thanks for allowing me to compete in this, it's been a blast. 

Really pleased to make the playoffs and you never know when it comes to knockouts I might just shock @PriZe but I doubt it. Commiserations to @Mr.Manager but you ran me and @Taff really close for the playoff spots.  

Thanks for hosting the league section @samhardy and its going to be interesting to see what @Ashez comes up with for the final two rounds.

6 minutes ago, Ashez said:

@PriZe @Taff @Foxy @samhardy How does 40 matches all competitions sound? I have a rough concept in mind but everyone I talk ideas through with is in the play-off haha. 

So basically almost a full season. I'm ok with but what @Foxy said if the deadline is realistic. Tbh a bit burned out after all this weeks so wouldn't mind a shorter ride as well ;) 

18 minutes ago, Ashez said:

@PriZe @Taff @Foxy @samhardy How does 40 matches all competitions sound? I have a rough concept in mind but everyone I talk ideas through with is in the play-off haha. 

My PM’s are always open if you need a second opinion 😁

42 minutes ago, Ashez said:

When are you guys expecting a new challenge? 

I'm thinking of posting Saturday then? Gives me time to think up some ideas and you guys a little break 😛

26 minutes ago, Foxy said:

So long as we have a realistic deadline to complete it in I don't mind 40 games. 

I'll give a full week regardless of length I think, I know you guys won't let me down so I'll give the week but move on once I have the scores since you'd all be early 😛

25 minutes ago, PriZe said:

So basically almost a full season. I'm ok with but what @Foxy said if the deadline is realistic. Tbh a bit burned out after all this weeks so wouldn't mind a shorter ride as well ;) 

I'll keep that in mind then. 

15 minutes ago, NucleusNT said:

My PM’s are always open if you need a second opinion 😁

I hoped someone would bite, get your thinking cap on and I'll contact you tomorrow :). I'll brainstorm some ideas then we can compare and discuss. 

Good game @Mr.Manager down to the wire, but very pleased to have made the semi’s where I can hold on to my 4th place Vibe ranking 

congrats to @Foxy (you’ve come a hell of a long way in just 1 year 😭 I’m so proud of you)

@samhardy and @PriZe was there really any doubt in anyone’s mind that these two would reach the playoffs 

good tournement and looking forward to seeing what @Ashez and @NucleusNT have in store for the semi’s

(I’m easy with 40 games if we have a week) might as well go all out for my last round