Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games 2018 Vibe Premier League

samhardy

9 minutes ago, Foxy said:

I may be old but I'm not past it because I never had it in the first place.

You stole the come back I'd set up for :(

The Challenge will be up today lads but likely tonight. The challenge is 90% worked out so all is on track, you'll be pleased to know it's not as difficult as I hoped as the original plan fell apart in testing :p, yes I decided to test some aspects of it and you're lucky I did as it wouldn't have worked out lol. 

2018 Vibe Premier League

JREL77Q.jpg

The 2018 Vibe Premier League Finals are here as the cream of the crop after nine gruelling weeks face off in the semi final! @PriZe, @Foxy, @Taffand @samhardy have battled hard to get to this point with only one more victory needed for for them to enter the show piece final. 

With Sam taking part he's decided to pass hosting duties on to me and I'm honoured to be doing my bit, however it would have been nice if he asked instead of assumed I'd take over :p. As Sam is usually who I talk ideas through with I reached out to @NucleusNT for his help with the challenge so a massive thank you to him for his involvement. 

Anyway without wasting anymore time let's reveal the challenge. 

The Challenge
The Animal Mascots!

348-footy-mascots.jpg

Mascots and football go hand in hand, especially those of the animal kind which also compliments our semi finalists well as each of them have animal display pictures or personas. Sam has his cat, Prize believes he's a panda, Taff is a hoping bunny and the final contestant is a not so fuddled fox. 

Thankfully these four animals are also represented by a handful of clubs via their mascots and it's these clubs we'll be using for the theme. 

The Mascots

Panda - St Mirren.

Fox - Cruzeiro, Halifax Town, Carlisle, Leicester, SC Freiburg, Falkirk, Real Valladolid, Elche CF, Deportivo Alavés, New England Revolution, Colorado Rapids.

Rabbit - Scunthorpe.

Cat - Morecambe, QPR FC, Sunderland, Wigan, Greenock Morton, Columbus Crew. 

Our semi finalist have to sign one player from each category, so you need to sign a panda from St Mirren, a fox from the list of clubs above, a fluffy bunny from Scunthorpe and finally a cat from the above list. The players can play in any position but they have to be owned by a club with the right animal mascot (basically no players on loan from elsewhere)

The Club

Following the animal kingdom theme you'll be playing in Turkey, however the club choice is completely up to you guys. 

The Rules
1. You can only sign the 4 needed players (one from each category) as no other transfers are allowed!
2. You can play as any club in the Turkish top flight. 
3. You'll be playing the full season. 
4. If fit and available the players must play. 
5. All the usual rules for these events. 

Evidence Required
1. Manager Profile
2. Transfers In and out
3. League table
4. Histories of the 4 mascots
If you already have a PM with me please use that thread. 

Points System
League Points + GD + The AvR of the 4 mascots

Deadline 

28th Of April At 11.59!

Enjoy lads, I hope you like it. 

4 hours ago, Foxy said:

Nice challenge for me to finish up with.

Good luck lads except for the Panda man who I hope as a very very rare bad week.

Keep the faith but I'm assuming we're having a third place play off so this won't be your final go regardless? @samhardy told me I needed three challenges anyway? 

4 hours ago, NucleusNT said:

Feels nice to be involved in the VPL even if it is just a tiny little bit! 😂 All the best lads!

You were a massive help! 

Edited by Ashez
8 hours ago, Ashez said:

You were a massive help! 

Happy to help for the final and third place play off if needed 👍🏻

40 minutes ago, PriZe said:

Just to be sure, no transfers out either?

Out are fine but you only can bring in the 4. Sorry that wasn't clear lads. 

2 hours ago, NucleusNT said:

Happy to help for the final and third place play off if needed 👍🏻

I've got something in mind for those but I'll need to talk to the competitors first because it's a big idea 😛

1 hour ago, Taff said:

Cracking challenge @Ashez and @NucleusNT

I’ll see how poorly I lose here before I decide on a 3rd place game

Bring it on Black Cat let’s see if I can’t at least make you sweat a bit 

1 hour ago, Woody said:

Great challenge...good luck semi finalists! 😆

Glad you like it :)

33 minutes ago, Foxy said:

@Ashez is the AvR points just from league games or the combined total from all competitions?

I was thinking overall as it adds risk verse reward with the other fixtures. 

Results are in and I'm pretty happy with how it went, and I think I might be closer result than I thought originally so look out@samhardy, you might actually have to work to make that final

Spoiler

and I'm sure those words will come back to bite me in the ass

@Foxy and @Taff have locked their scores in! How'd you enjoy the challenge lads? @NucleusNT and myself would love to know. I struggled with the points system the most but I went with AvR as G+S would force you into attacking signings etc. 

@samhardytells me I'll receive his Saturday so I'm just waiting on @PriZe